What is involved in Media relations
Find out what the related areas are that Media relations connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Media relations thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Media relations journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Media relations leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Media relations related domains to cover and 93 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Media relations, Advertising, Advertising management, Brand management, Consumer behaviour, Integrated marketing communications, Journalism, Magazine, Marketing, Marketing communications, Mass media, Newspaper, Public opinion, Public relations, Target audience:
Media relations Critical Criteria:
Test Media relations planning and proactively manage Media relations risks.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Media relations experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Which customers cant participate in our Media relations domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– What are all of our Media relations domains and what do they do?
Advertising Critical Criteria:
Use past Advertising tactics and overcome Advertising skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Its important to reach your customers. Every business, if wise, will have a promotion and advertising plan. You need to consider the image you want to project to your customers about your business. Will your business stand out because you are a proven a leader in the service or product industry by providing innovative services or products, or you provide customer confidence by providing high quality Customer Service?
– During the last 3 years, have you received a complaint or an injunction arising out of intellectual property infringement, content or advertising?
– How do selective attention, selective distortion, and selective retention apply to this advertising message?
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– What communication objectives might the game manufacturer set for this advertising message?
– How likely is the current Media relations plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Can disclosures be effective as remedies in advertising and consumer protection?
– Can disclosures be effective remedies in advertising and consumer protection?
– What is the purpose of Media relations in relation to the mission?
– Which kinds of advertising in which media influence you the most?
– Who is the target audience for this advertising message?
– Why do we need an advertising strategy at all?
– How do we go about Securing Media relations?
Advertising management Critical Criteria:
Talk about Advertising management projects and shift your focus.
– Is maximizing Media relations protection the same as minimizing Media relations loss?
– Why is Media relations important for you now?
– What threat is Media relations addressing?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Adapt Brand management failures and remodel and develop an effective Brand management strategy.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Media relations objectives?
– What are the barriers to increased Media relations production?
– Are assumptions made in Media relations stated explicitly?
Consumer behaviour Critical Criteria:
Consider Consumer behaviour leadership and question.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Media relations process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Media relations process available?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Media relations activities?
Integrated marketing communications Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Integrated marketing communications results and report on setting up Integrated marketing communications without losing ground.
– Identification of the particulars of the monitoring, evaluation, and control efforts that will be employed to appraise the effectiveness of all imc program elements used. what is to be tested?
– Another consideration in developing an imc program is the nature of your product or service. is it over-the-counter (condoms) or ethical (oral contraceptives/ocs)?
– What is the next stage in the imc planning process, once marketing and communication objectives have been set?
– What message design and communication channel(s) are likely to be most effective for the target audience?
– The product and consumer lifecycle stages. is the brand being introduced or is it established?
– What is integrated marketing communications, and why it becoming increasingly accepted?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
– What type of marketing communications would seem appropriate for each public?
– The selling environment: what communications laws and policies will we face?
– Does the plan make primary use of the most effective creative executions?
– Which promotional tools would be most effective in our promotional mix?
– What are the key features, benefits of the program/project?
– Market – to whom should the communication be addressed?
– Have all reasonable options been examined?
– How have you positioned your product?
– What are the cost considerations?
– Will there be a main attraction?
– Who are your target audiences?
Journalism Critical Criteria:
Meet over Journalism tactics and point out improvements in Journalism.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Media relations?
– What is the source of the strategies for Media relations strengthening and reform?
– What will drive Media relations change?
Magazine Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Magazine management and look at the big picture.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Media relations?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Media relations? There might be some that are less obvious?
Marketing Critical Criteria:
Participate in Marketing outcomes and create a map for yourself.
– Which customers should we choose to serve through which channels, with which products, prices, and marketing programs, for which decision and life cycle stages, under which organization structure?
– Service-level requirement, how can the IT or business unit meet the internal marketing departments availability expectation based on the SaaS providers SLA?
– Is there an existing crm and email marketing relationship already in place, that can/should be leveraged or should we select a new solution altogether?
– What is our purpose for test marketing. what potential problems may complicate test marketing?
– Which of the elements of the promotional mix is usually regarded as most credible?
– Which of the market segments will be the target market for this campaign?
– How much money do we need to spend to achieve our campaign objectives?
– Receptivity of the audience (how receptive are they to this message?
– What do we mean by integrated marketing communications (imc)?
– What types of advantages can we leverage for our products?
– What do we need to know to achieve the strategy weve set?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
– What is the major role of promotion?
– Articles youd planned on?
Marketing communications Critical Criteria:
Chart Marketing communications strategies and look at it backwards.
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– Identify the factors that influence the selection of promotion-mix ingredients how do marketers select promotion mix ingredients?
– Key messages encapsulate the most important information you wish to communicate what do we want the audience(s) to take away?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– If you are in doubt about a particular event and it will require a significant expense, why not test it?
– Product is used in the storyboard. if it comes in more than one size or color, which should be featured?
– Does the plan accomplish a few things well as opposed to many things in a mediocre fashion?
– What objectives are appropriate for our initial communications campaign?
– Why is promotion particularly effective in positing a product?
– Amount of clutter (what are my competitors spending/doing?
– How is the content of a marketing curriculum determined?
– Are we sure the target audience is watching?
– How will the promotion get to the consumer?
– Will the promotion be supported by media?
Mass media Critical Criteria:
Pilot Mass media decisions and describe the risks of Mass media sustainability.
– Consider your own Media relations project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Media relations processes?
– Will any of the planned events or research findings provide a human interest story for mass media?
Newspaper Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Newspaper failures and handle a jump-start course to Newspaper.
– Does Media relations include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Media relations? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Can a newspaper also be ordered to remove a name from its index?
– How to deal with Media relations Changes?
Public opinion Critical Criteria:
Check Public opinion goals and be persistent.
Public relations Critical Criteria:
See the value of Public relations projects and interpret which customers can’t participate in Public relations because they lack skills.
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– How will you measure your Media relations effectiveness?
Target audience Critical Criteria:
Align Target audience projects and gather Target audience models .
– Spheres of influerce in the consumers life. what people, activities, organizations and media can have the most effect on determining the target audiences receptivity to products?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Media relations processes?
– What people, activities, organizations and media can have the most effect on determining the target audiences receptivity to csm products?
– Do the media selected reach the target audience?
– What are specific Media relations Rules to follow?
– Are there Media relations problems defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Media relations Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Media relations External links:
U-Haul: Media Relations
UCLA Health Sciences Media Relations Newsroom
Media Relations | Federal Communications Commission
Advertising External links:
Music Licensing for Video, Film & Advertising | Musicbed
Advertising management External links:
QuanticMind | Predictive Advertising Management …
AdTrak™ – Advertising Management | BEM Systems
Advertising Management – Imagine Communications
Brand management External links:
Our Brand Management Solution – MarketNow – …
Consumer behaviour External links:
Chapter 4: Consumer Behaviour Flashcards | Quizlet
Consumer Behaviour – Home
Essay about Theory of Consumer Behaviour – cram.com
Integrated marketing communications External links:
Rhea+Kaiser | Integrated Marketing Communications …
Journalism External links:
2018 Journalism Internships | Internships.com
Missouri School of Journalism – Official Site
Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication …
Marketing External links:
Salesforce Marketing Cloud – Exact Target
Marketing communications External links:
Strategic Marketing Communications | Fordham
RRD | Multichannel Marketing Communications
HCK2 | A Marketing Communications Firm
Mass media External links:
Grainger Mass Media
AC Matney Mass Media – Amarillo College – Mass Media
Ch. 10 Mass Media (AP Gov) Flashcards | Quizlet
Newspaper External links:
Newspaper Name Generator – Starman Series
Do you italicize newspaper article titles? – Quora
Newspapers.com – Historical Newspapers from 1700s …
Public opinion External links:
Public Opinion Obituaries – Chambersburg, PA | Public Opinion
Public Opinion, Chambersburg, PA. 47,512 likes · 6,628 talking about this. Franklin County’s #1 source for news and information
Chap 6 – Public Opinion Flashcards | Quizlet
Public relations External links:
VocusPR – Cision Public Relations
Contact Us – Customer Support, Public Relations, …
Ambit Adverting & Public Relations
Target audience External links:
Target Audience (2002) – IMDb
[PDF]Title: Target Audience – Kansas WIC
http://www.kansaswic.org/download/thinkyourdrink/Think Your Drink.pdf
Target Audiences | Nazi Propaganda