Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Operations administration and management Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Operations administration and management related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Operations administration and management specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Operations administration and management Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 786 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Operations administration and management improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 786 standard requirements:
- What key inputs and outputs are being measured on an ongoing basis?
- Is a response plan in place for when the input, process, or output measures indicate an ‘out-of-control’ condition?
- Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Operations administration and management services/products?
- Do the problem and goal statements meet the SMART criteria (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound)?
- What does your signature ensure?
- What critical content must be communicated; who, what, when, where, and how?
- What tools do you use once you have decided on a Operations administration and management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
- Is there a limit on the number of users in Operations administration and management ?
- What information is critical to our organization that our executives are ignoring?
- Design Thinking: Integrating Innovation, Operations administration and management, and Brand Value
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Operations administration and management book in PDF containing 786 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Operations administration and management self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Operations administration and management Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Operations administration and management areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Operations administration and management Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Operations administration and management projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Operations administration and management Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Operations administration and management project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Stakeholder Management Plan: Do Operations administration and management project teams & team members report on status / activities / progress?
- Procurement Management Plan: Are Vendor invoices audited for accuracy before payment?
- Procurement Audit: Were the tender documents comprehensive, transparent and free from restrictions or conditions which would discriminate against certain suppliers?
- Procurement Management Plan: Are software metrics formally captured, analyzed and used as a basis for other Operations administration and management project estimates?
- Activity Duration Estimates: What are the key components of a Operations administration and management project communications plan?
- Team Operating Agreement: Did you determine the technology methods that best match the messages to be communicated?
- Probability and Impact Assessment: What is the past performance of the Operations administration and management project manager?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: Beneficiaries; Who are the potential beneficiaries?
- Requirements Documentation: Can the requirement be changed without a large impact on other requirements?
- Team Member Status Report: Will the staff do training or is that done by a third party?
Step-by-step and complete Operations administration and management Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Operations administration and management project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Operations administration and management project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Operations administration and management project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Operations administration and management project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Operations administration and management project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Operations administration and management project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Operations administration and management project with this in-depth Operations administration and management Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Operations administration and management projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Operations administration and management and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Operations administration and management investments work better.
This Operations administration and management All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.