Save time, empower your teams and effectively upgrade your processes with access to this practical Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Toolkit and guide. Address common challenges with best-practice templates, step-by-step work plans and maturity diagnostics for any Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) related project.
Download the Toolkit and in Three Steps you will be guided from idea to implementation results.
The Toolkit contains the following practical and powerful enablers with new and updated Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) specific requirements:
STEP 1: Get your bearings
- The latest quick edition of the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Self Assessment book in PDF containing 49 requirements to perform a quickscan, get an overview and share with stakeholders.
Organized in a data driven improvement cycle RDMAICS (Recognize, Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control and Sustain), check the…
- Example pre-filled Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard to get familiar with results generation
Then find your goals…
STEP 2: Set concrete goals, tasks, dates and numbers you can track
Featuring 783 new and updated case-based questions, organized into seven core areas of process design, this Self-Assessment will help you identify areas in which Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) improvements can be made.
Examples; 10 of the 783 standard requirements:
- Is there regularly 100% attendance at the team meetings? If not, have appointed substitutes attended to preserve cross-functionality and full representation?
- Who controls key decisions that will be made?
- How do we engage the workforce, in addition to satisfying them?
- When is/was the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) start date?
- Is there a Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) management charter, including stakeholder case, problem and goal statements, scope, milestones, roles and responsibilities, communication plan?
- Do Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
- What should be measured?
- Will Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
- What are the dynamics of the communication plan?
- What Relevant Entities could be measured?
Complete the self assessment, on your own or with a team in a workshop setting. Use the workbook together with the self assessment requirements spreadsheet:
- The workbook is the latest in-depth complete edition of the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) book in PDF containing 783 requirements, which criteria correspond to the criteria in…
Your Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) self-assessment dashboard which gives you your dynamically prioritized projects-ready tool and shows your organization exactly what to do next:
- The Self-Assessment Excel Dashboard; with the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Self-Assessment and Scorecard you will develop a clear picture of which Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) areas need attention, which requirements you should focus on and who will be responsible for them:
- Shows your organization instant insight in areas for improvement: Auto generates reports, radar chart for maturity assessment, insights per process and participant and bespoke, ready to use, RACI Matrix
- Gives you a professional Dashboard to guide and perform a thorough Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Self-Assessment
- Is secure: Ensures offline data protection of your Self-Assessment results
- Dynamically prioritized projects-ready RACI Matrix shows your organization exactly what to do next:
STEP 3: Implement, Track, follow up and revise strategy
The outcomes of STEP 2, the self assessment, are the inputs for STEP 3; Start and manage Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) projects with the 62 implementation resources:
- 62 step-by-step Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Project Management Form Templates covering over 6000 Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) project requirements and success criteria:
Examples; 10 of the check box criteria:
- Variance Analysis: Wbs elements contractually specified for reporting of status to the organization (lowest level only)?
- Lessons Learned: How effective were the techniques used to prepare you and your organization for the impact of the changes brought about by the product or service produced by the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) project?
- Activity Duration Estimates: What are some of the typical challenges Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) project teams face during each of the five process groups?
- Team Performance Assessment: To what degree does the teams work approach provide opportunity for members to engage in open interaction?
- Stakeholder Analysis Matrix: Will the impacts be local, national or international?
- Project Performance Report: To what degree can the team measure progress against specific goals?
- Lessons Learned: How effective was the documentation that you received with the Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) project product/service?
- Scope Management Plan: Have the key elements of a coherent Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) project management strategy been established?
- Activity Duration Estimates: How could you define throughput and how would the organization benefit from maximizing it?
- Change Request: What is the relationship between requirements attributes and attributes like complexity and size?
Step-by-step and complete Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Project Management Forms and Templates including check box criteria and templates.
1.0 Initiating Process Group:
- 1.1 Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) project Charter
- 1.2 Stakeholder Register
- 1.3 Stakeholder Analysis Matrix
2.0 Planning Process Group:
- 2.1 Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) project Management Plan
- 2.2 Scope Management Plan
- 2.3 Requirements Management Plan
- 2.4 Requirements Documentation
- 2.5 Requirements Traceability Matrix
- 2.6 Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) project Scope Statement
- 2.7 Assumption and Constraint Log
- 2.8 Work Breakdown Structure
- 2.9 WBS Dictionary
- 2.10 Schedule Management Plan
- 2.11 Activity List
- 2.12 Activity Attributes
- 2.13 Milestone List
- 2.14 Network Diagram
- 2.15 Activity Resource Requirements
- 2.16 Resource Breakdown Structure
- 2.17 Activity Duration Estimates
- 2.18 Duration Estimating Worksheet
- 2.19 Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) project Schedule
- 2.20 Cost Management Plan
- 2.21 Activity Cost Estimates
- 2.22 Cost Estimating Worksheet
- 2.23 Cost Baseline
- 2.24 Quality Management Plan
- 2.25 Quality Metrics
- 2.26 Process Improvement Plan
- 2.27 Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- 2.28 Roles and Responsibilities
- 2.29 Human Resource Management Plan
- 2.30 Communications Management Plan
- 2.31 Risk Management Plan
- 2.32 Risk Register
- 2.33 Probability and Impact Assessment
- 2.34 Probability and Impact Matrix
- 2.35 Risk Data Sheet
- 2.36 Procurement Management Plan
- 2.37 Source Selection Criteria
- 2.38 Stakeholder Management Plan
- 2.39 Change Management Plan
3.0 Executing Process Group:
- 3.1 Team Member Status Report
- 3.2 Change Request
- 3.3 Change Log
- 3.4 Decision Log
- 3.5 Quality Audit
- 3.6 Team Directory
- 3.7 Team Operating Agreement
- 3.8 Team Performance Assessment
- 3.9 Team Member Performance Assessment
- 3.10 Issue Log
4.0 Monitoring and Controlling Process Group:
- 4.1 Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) project Performance Report
- 4.2 Variance Analysis
- 4.3 Earned Value Status
- 4.4 Risk Audit
- 4.5 Contractor Status Report
- 4.6 Formal Acceptance
5.0 Closing Process Group:
- 5.1 Procurement Audit
- 5.2 Contract Close-Out
- 5.3 Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) project or Phase Close-Out
- 5.4 Lessons Learned
With this Three Step process you will have all the tools you need for any Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) project with this in-depth Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) Toolkit.
In using the Toolkit you will be better able to:
- Diagnose Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) projects, initiatives, organizations, businesses and processes using accepted diagnostic standards and practices
- Implement evidence-based best practice strategies aligned with overall goals
- Integrate recent advances in Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and put process design strategies into practice according to best practice guidelines
Defining, designing, creating, and implementing a process to solve a business challenge or meet a business objective is the most valuable role; In EVERY company, organization and department.
Unless you are talking a one-time, single-use project within a business, there should be a process. Whether that process is managed and implemented by humans, AI, or a combination of the two, it needs to be designed by someone with a complex enough perspective to ask the right questions. Someone capable of asking the right questions and step back and say, ‘What are we really trying to accomplish here? And is there a different way to look at it?’
This Toolkit empowers people to do just that – whether their title is entrepreneur, manager, consultant, (Vice-)President, CxO etc… – they are the people who rule the future. They are the person who asks the right questions to make Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) investments work better.
This Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) All-Inclusive Toolkit enables You to be that person:
Includes lifetime updates
Every self assessment comes with Lifetime Updates and Lifetime Free Updated Books. Lifetime Updates is an industry-first feature which allows you to receive verified self assessment updates, ensuring you always have the most accurate information at your fingertips.