What is involved in Application Portfolio Management
Find out what the related areas are that Application Portfolio Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Application Portfolio Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Application Portfolio Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Application Portfolio Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Application Portfolio Management related domains to cover and 91 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Application Portfolio Management, Active Server Pages, Application software, Application store, Cabinet, Dynamic Link Library, Excel spreadsheet, Financial portfolio, Forrester Research, IT portfolio management, Information technology, Legacy system, Microsoft Excel, Mobile application, Return on Investment, Service-oriented architecture, Software component, Web service, Zip file:
Application Portfolio Management Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Application Portfolio Management projects and attract Application Portfolio Management skills.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Application Portfolio Management products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Application Portfolio Management that make it risky?
– How do we manage Application Portfolio Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
Active Server Pages Critical Criteria:
Match Active Server Pages tasks and catalog Active Server Pages activities.
– Does Application Portfolio Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Does our organization need more Application Portfolio Management education?
– How can you measure Application Portfolio Management in a systematic way?
Application software Critical Criteria:
Generalize Application software adoptions and correct better engagement with Application software results.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Application Portfolio Management project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Application Portfolio Management project lifecycle?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Application Portfolio Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do you manage the new access devices using their own new application software?
– Is the process effectively supported by the legacy application software?
– What is Effective Application Portfolio Management?
Application store Critical Criteria:
Generalize Application store goals and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Application store.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Application Portfolio Management project manager?
Cabinet Critical Criteria:
Canvass Cabinet management and find out what it really means.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Application Portfolio Management. How do we gain traction?
– For your Application Portfolio Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are media storing data (e.g. dvds, backups, flash drives) encrypted and secured in locked rooms, cabinets or the like?
– Dvds, backups, flash drives) encrypted and secured in locked rooms, cabinets or the like?
– Are we Assessing Application Portfolio Management and Risk?
Dynamic Link Library Critical Criteria:
Chat re Dynamic Link Library tasks and overcome Dynamic Link Library skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Application Portfolio Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Application Portfolio Management moving forward?
– What will drive Application Portfolio Management change?
Excel spreadsheet Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Excel spreadsheet visions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Excel spreadsheet.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Application Portfolio Management into the services that we provide?
– What are our needs in relation to Application Portfolio Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What are the usability implications of Application Portfolio Management actions?
Financial portfolio Critical Criteria:
Focus on Financial portfolio tactics and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Financial portfolio.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Application Portfolio Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Will Application Portfolio Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How can we improve Application Portfolio Management?
Forrester Research Critical Criteria:
Consult on Forrester Research engagements and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Forrester Research projects.
– Does Application Portfolio Management analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
IT portfolio management Critical Criteria:
Focus on IT portfolio management visions and optimize IT portfolio management leadership as a key to advancement.
– What is the source of the strategies for Application Portfolio Management strengthening and reform?
– Have you identified your Application Portfolio Management key performance indicators?
– How do we Identify specific Application Portfolio Management investment and emerging trends?
Information technology Critical Criteria:
Guard Information technology engagements and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Information technology.
– Do the response plans address damage assessment, site restoration, payroll, Human Resources, information technology, and administrative support?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– If a survey was done with asking organizations; Is there a line between your information technology department and your information security department?
– Is there a Application Portfolio Management Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Application Portfolio Management activities?
– How does new information technology come to be applied and diffused among firms?
– The difference between data/information and information technology (it)?
– When do you ask for help from Information Technology (IT)?
– Who needs to know about Application Portfolio Management ?
Legacy system Critical Criteria:
Mix Legacy system issues and define Legacy system competency-based leadership.
– On what terms should a manager of information systems evolution and maintenance provide service and support to the customers of information systems evolution and maintenance?
– There is a question that is rarely asked in maintenance, a question that we find to be vital in making maintenance efficient and manageable: what is to be maintained?
– Who is currently performing the database work, and how big is the legacy database in terms of addresses, email addresses, touches, preferences?
– Are existing Hardware and software legacy components sufficient to support the task of integrating large and complex sets of information?
– Are information systems and the services of information systems things of value that have suppliers and customers?
– What does the customer get from the information systems performance, and on what does that depend, and when?
– Who will be responsible for extraction of the legacy data and will work with the vendor on transformation?
– The need for high-quality software is glaring. But what constitutes software quality?
– Does the software system satisfy the expectations of the user?
– What does our path forward look like for the legacy devices?
– What are the costs of the resources used in the process?
– What is the best definition of System of Systems?
– How much will it cost and how will it be funded?
– What is the complexity of the output produced?
– Schedule & Phases – How long will this take?
– Do other systems depend on it for data?
– When and where is the management done?
– Risk – What are the project risks?
– How does it all fit together?
– Why is the management done?
Microsoft Excel Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Microsoft Excel risks and oversee implementation of Microsoft Excel.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Application Portfolio Management?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Application Portfolio Management process?
– Is a Application Portfolio Management Team Work effort in place?
Mobile application Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Mobile application risks and figure out ways to motivate other Mobile application users.
– Does Application Portfolio Management analysis show the relationships among important Application Portfolio Management factors?
– What are the steps to take when developing a mobile application?
Return on Investment Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Return on Investment outcomes and prioritize challenges of Return on Investment.
– Think about the people you identified for your Application Portfolio Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– How do we know that any Application Portfolio Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Does the expected return on investment (roi) of this new collection justify putting it in place?
– What are specific Application Portfolio Management Rules to follow?
– Is Return on Investment addressed?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Service-oriented architecture risks and get going.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Application Portfolio Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How can skill-level changes improve Application Portfolio Management?
Software component Critical Criteria:
Consult on Software component quality and look in other fields.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Application Portfolio Management processes of our organization?
– Can we answer questions like: Are all identified requirements allocated to software components?
– How is the value delivered by Application Portfolio Management being measured?
– What are current Application Portfolio Management Paradigms?
Web service Critical Criteria:
Grasp Web service planning and attract Web service skills.
– Expose its policy engine via web services for use by third-party systems (e.g. provisioning, help desk solutions)?
– How does this standard provide users the ability to access applications and services through web services?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Application Portfolio Management activities?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
Zip file Critical Criteria:
Explore Zip file projects and oversee Zip file management by competencies.
– Can we add value to the current Application Portfolio Management decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Are there Application Portfolio Management problems defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Application Portfolio Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Application Portfolio Management External links:
[PDF]Application Portfolio Management (APM) – Avolution
Application Portfolio Management – Gartner
Active Server Pages External links:
Redirecting to Active Server Pages
Active server pages – Get and Post methods – ASP tutorial
Active Server Pages (ASP) support in Windows
Application software External links:
Microsoft Speech Application Software Development …
Chapter 3 – Application Software
wiTECH Diagnostic Application Software Download – …
Application store External links:
DeviceHQ® | Device Management and Application Store
Allscripts Application Store
Cabinet External links:
See shopping results for cabinet
Cabinet Door World
Dynamic Link Library External links:
Cannot find entry point in dynamic link library in
What is a DLL File? (Dynamic Link Library) – Lifewire
Dynamic Link Library DLL – YouTube
Excel spreadsheet External links:
How to Put a Title on an Excel Spreadsheet | Chron.com
Excel Spreadsheet – Baycon Group
Excel Spreadsheet – Baycon Group
Financial portfolio External links:
Build A Financial Portfolio to Meet Your Financial Goals
Forrester Research External links:
Forrester Research and Studies – Blackbaud
Forrester Research, Inc. Common Stock (FORR) – NASDAQ.com
Forrester Research · Forrester
Information technology External links:
OHIO: Office of Information Technology |About Email
Umail | University Information Technology Services
Rebelmail | UNLV Office of Information Technology (OIT)
Legacy system External links:
Legacy System Catalog – Implant Direct
Microsoft Excel External links:
Microsoft Excel Online – Work together on Excel …
Mobile application External links:
Mobile Application | Mercedes-Benz
Software and Mobile Application Development – IT Programs
The Home Depot Mobile Application
Return on Investment External links:
How to Calculate a Monthly Return on Investment – Fidelity
Return On Investment – ROI – Investopedia
Gross Margin Return On Investment – GMROI – Investopedia
Software component External links:
Implemented software component checks – docs.infor.com
Web service External links:
MSU Police Web Service
Free BIN/IIN Lookup Web Service – binlist.net
Tax Data Systems – Sales Tax Rates Web Service
Zip file External links:
Compress and uncompress files (zip files) – Windows Help