What is involved in Security information management
Find out what the related areas are that Security information management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Security information management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Security information management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Security information management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Security information management related domains to cover and 42 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Security information management, Information Systems Audit and Control Association, Information security, Information security management, Information security management system, Logfile, Security Information and Event Management, Security event manager:
Security information management Critical Criteria:
Map Security information management quality and check on ways to get started with Security information management.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Security information management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Security information management into the services that we provide?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Security information management?
Information Systems Audit and Control Association Critical Criteria:
Grasp Information Systems Audit and Control Association issues and question.
– How can you measure Security information management in a systematic way?
– Are there Security information management problems defined?
Information security Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Information security risks and oversee implementation of Information security.
– Is the software and application development process based on an industry best practice and is information security included throughout the software development life cycle (sdlc) process?
– Has specific responsibility been assigned for the execution of business continuity and disaster recovery plans (either within or outside of the information security function)?
– Is there an information security policy to provide mgmt direction and support for information security in accordance with business requirements, relevant laws and regulations?
– Do we have an official information security architecture, based on our Risk Management analysis and information security strategy?
– Is the risk assessment approach defined and suited to the ISMS, identified business information security, legal and regulatory requirements?
– Are information security roles and responsibilities coordinated and aligned with internal roles and external partners?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into law?
– Have standards for information security across all entities been established or codified into regulations?
– Is information security ensured when using mobile computing and tele-working facilities?
– Ensure that the information security procedures support the business requirements?
– What best describes the authorization process in information security?
– Is an organizational information security policy established?
– Is information security an it function within the company?
– How to achieve a satisfied level of information security?
– Does your company have an information security officer?
– How do we maintain Security information managements Integrity?
– What is the main driver for information security expenditure?
Information security management Critical Criteria:
Mine Information security management projects and describe which business rules are needed as Information security management interface.
– Has the organization established an Identity and Access Management program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines and which identifies users and network devices?
– Has the organization established an enterprise-wide business continuity/disaster recovery program that is consistent with requirements, policy, and applicable guidelines?
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Security information management?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Security information management processes?
– How do we manage Security information management Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Is there a business continuity/disaster recovery plan in place?
– Are damage assessment and disaster recovery plans in place?
Information security management system Critical Criteria:
Administer Information security management system failures and integrate design thinking in Information security management system innovation.
– What is the source of the strategies for Security information management strengthening and reform?
– Who sets the Security information management standards?
– Is Security information management Required?
Logfile Critical Criteria:
Explore Logfile engagements and triple focus on important concepts of Logfile relationship management.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Security information management study?
– Will Security information management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How much does Security information management help?
Security Information and Event Management Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Security Information and Event Management engagements and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Security Information and Event Management.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Security information management project?
– How do we know that any Security information management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is the scope of Security information management defined?
Security event manager Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Security event manager results and transcribe Security event manager as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Will Security information management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Do we have past Security information management Successes?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Security information management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Security information management External links:
SIMS Software – Security Information Management …
Information Systems Audit and Control Association External links:
Information Systems Audit and Control Association …
INFORMATION SYSTEMS AUDIT AND CONTROL ASSOCIATION …
Information security External links:
[PDF]TITLE: INFORMATION SECURITY MANAGEMENT …
Managed Security Services | Information Security Solutions
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
Information security management External links:
Information Security Management | California State …
Information Security Management Provider – Sedara
Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002 – NIST
Information security management system External links:
ISO 27001 (Information Security Management System – …
Logfile External links:
Warning: “Encountered an NTFS volume with a logfile …
Security Information and Event Management External links:
A Guide to Security Information and Event Management
Security event manager External links:
Al Chavez – Security Event Manager and Personal …
LogLogic Security Event Manager | Tibco LogLogic
GE Digital Energy : CyberSentry SEM Security Event Manager