What is involved in Business process modelling
Find out what the related areas are that Business process modelling connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Business process modelling thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Business process modelling journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Business process modelling leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Business process modelling related domains to cover and 327 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Business process modelling, Change management, Software development, Organizational chart, Software quality assurance, Business process modelling, Control flow diagram, Computer science, Wolt Fabrycky, Aspect-oriented software development, Computer engineering, Architecture of Integrated Information Systems, Project management, Model Driven Engineering, Enterprise Unified Process, Trygve Reenskaug, Data modeling, Radhika Nagpal, Process mining, Verification and validation, Object model, Business Process Model and Notation, Computer programming, Software architecture, Systems engineering, Executable UML, Extreme programming, Enterprise systems engineering, Software archaeology, Structured analysis, Danese Cooper, View model, Quality function deployment, Risk management, Generalised Enterprise Reference Architecture and Methodology, Government agency, Systems analysis, Software engineering, Iterative and incremental development, Business process mapping, Artifact-centric business process model, Information model, Software process, Business process, Work breakdown structure, Strategic management, Rapid application development, Function model, Peri Tarr, Model-driven architecture, Business process management, Business Model Canvas, Business Process Modeling Notation, Business process redesign, Technical support, Systems development life cycle, Enterprise architecture, Quality management, Value Stream Mapping, Software configuration management, Software maintenance, Business process modeling, Data model, Business plan, Service-oriented architecture, Waterfall model, Business Process Modelling Notation, Formalized Administrative Notation:
Business process modelling Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Business process modelling risks and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Business process modelling.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Business process modelling process?
– What is the purpose of Business process modelling in relation to the mission?
– What are the usability implications of Business process modelling actions?
Change management Critical Criteria:
Check Change management risks and correct Change management management by competencies.
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– Business Change and Training Manager responsibilities include Planning, coordinating and implementing an Organizational Change Management Plan?
– Do you have resources, processes, and methodologies in place to provide training and organizational change management services?
– What are some concrete ways to help executives understand the value of change management?
– Do project management and Change Management look the same for every initiative?
– Does the service providers Change Management process match the customers needs?
– Do changes in business processes fall under the scope of change management?
– What change management practices does your organization employ?
– What are the primary barriers to effective Change Management?
– When is Change Management used on a project at which level?
– When and how is Change Management used on a project?
– Do we all define Business process modelling in the same way?
– What is workplace Change Management?
– Why do we need Change Management?
Software development Critical Criteria:
Adapt Software development visions and transcribe Software development as tomorrows backbone for success.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– How do you take a methodology, like agile development, that basically evolved in small groups and then scale it up so that it works on projects with hundreds of developers and thousands of users?
– Does the software Quality Assurance function have a management reporting channel separate from the software development project management?
– What if your business needs are still emerging and certain aspects of the system are rapidly changing or cannot be defined yet?
– How can we fix actual and perceived problems uncovered in ethnographic investigations of Agile software development teams?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Business process modelling products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– What kind of enabling and limiting factors can be found for the use of agile methods?
– Can agile project management be adopted by industries other than software development?
– WHEN ARE DEFECTS IDENTIFIED IN THE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT LIFECYCLE?
– Complexity: an appropriate framework for development?
– Are there SaaS tools for allocating workers to tasks?
– What does software development maturity really mean?
– How do Web Operators communicate with Developers?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What is the expected system lifetime?
– What type of Experience is valuable?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
Organizational chart Critical Criteria:
Coach on Organizational chart goals and arbitrate Organizational chart techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– Does our organization need more Business process modelling education?
– Why are Business process modelling skills important?
Software quality assurance Critical Criteria:
Think about Software quality assurance planning and remodel and develop an effective Software quality assurance strategy.
– In the case of a Business process modelling project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Business process modelling project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Business process modelling project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Are software Quality Assurance tests a part of the general hardware acceptance test on the customers machine before it leaves the factory?
– Do software Quality Assurance test programs undergo the same production cycle and method (except q/a) as the software they test?
– Is software Quality Assurance done by an independently reporting agency representing the interests of the eventual user?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Business process modelling process?
– What are the best practices for software quality assurance when using agile development methodologies?
– Is at least one person engaged in software Quality Assurance for every ten engaged in its fabrication?
– Is there any existing Business process modelling governance structure?
Business process modelling Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Business process modelling goals and revise understanding of Business process modelling architectures.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Business process modelling objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Business process modelling leaders?
– What is our Business process modelling Strategy?
Control flow diagram Critical Criteria:
Administer Control flow diagram engagements and sort Control flow diagram activities.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Business process modelling agendas for the next 3 years?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Business process modelling activities?
Computer science Critical Criteria:
Investigate Computer science planning and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Computer science decisions.
– What are the business goals Business process modelling is aiming to achieve?
– How to deal with Business process modelling Changes?
– Are there Business process modelling Models?
Wolt Fabrycky Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Wolt Fabrycky results and ask questions.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Business process modelling activities?
Aspect-oriented software development Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Aspect-oriented software development management and devise Aspect-oriented software development key steps.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Business process modelling leader?
– How to Secure Business process modelling?
Computer engineering Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Computer engineering planning and check on ways to get started with Computer engineering.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Business process modelling requirements in detail?
– What will drive Business process modelling change?
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems Critical Criteria:
Apply Architecture of Integrated Information Systems adoptions and report on developing an effective Architecture of Integrated Information Systems strategy.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Business process modelling information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Why is Business process modelling important for you now?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Project management planning and test out new things.
– Agile project management with Scrum derives from best business practices in companies like Fuji-Xerox, Honda, Canon, and Toyota. Toyota routinely achieves four times the productivity and 12 times the quality of competitors. Can Scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– Does it replace or negate traditional project management concerns with risk, scheduling, metrics, and execution, or does it shift how we think about these and necessitate new techniques and approaches?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– How is agile project management performed in the context of virtual teams?
– Operationally, what does project management integration mean?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– Why are project management models not used in maintenance?
– Does your organization have a Project Management Office?
– Agile Project Management and PRINCE2 – one or the other, or both?
– What are the Commercial aspects of Project Management?
– What is an economic aspect of Project Management?
– What project management associations are you a member of?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– How do we minimize impact and cost?
– When is done done?
Model Driven Engineering Critical Criteria:
Test Model Driven Engineering goals and adjust implementation of Model Driven Engineering.
– Does Business process modelling systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we maintain Business process modellings Integrity?
Enterprise Unified Process Critical Criteria:
Pilot Enterprise Unified Process issues and attract Enterprise Unified Process skills.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Business process modelling? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Does Business process modelling analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How do we Improve Business process modelling service perception, and satisfaction?
Trygve Reenskaug Critical Criteria:
Explore Trygve Reenskaug adoptions and display thorough understanding of the Trygve Reenskaug process.
– How will you know that the Business process modelling project has been successful?
– Have you identified your Business process modelling key performance indicators?
– Will Business process modelling deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Data modeling Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Data modeling planning and probe Data modeling strategic alliances.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Business process modelling?
– To what extent does management recognize Business process modelling as a tool to increase the results?
Radhika Nagpal Critical Criteria:
Align Radhika Nagpal failures and shift your focus.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Business process modelling process?
– Does Business process modelling analysis show the relationships among important Business process modelling factors?
– How can you measure Business process modelling in a systematic way?
Process mining Critical Criteria:
Probe Process mining strategies and test out new things.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Business process modelling, including any consulting or professional services?
– Are assumptions made in Business process modelling stated explicitly?
Verification and validation Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Verification and validation failures and handle a jump-start course to Verification and validation.
– Which customers cant participate in our Business process modelling domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who needs to know about Business process modelling ?
Object model Critical Criteria:
Probe Object model issues and define what our big hairy audacious Object model goal is.
– How can the value of Business process modelling be defined?
Business Process Model and Notation Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Business Process Model and Notation engagements and find the ideas you already have.
– Do those selected for the Business process modelling team have a good general understanding of what Business process modelling is all about?
Computer programming Critical Criteria:
Adapt Computer programming engagements and reduce Computer programming costs.
– What are the disruptive Business process modelling technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Think of your Business process modelling project. what are the main functions?
Software architecture Critical Criteria:
Read up on Software architecture projects and oversee Software architecture management by competencies.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Business process modelling product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Does Business process modelling include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Systems engineering projects and get going.
– If you had to recreate the system at a certain state in its life cycle or duplicate the deployed system in the test lab to check out a fault, would you have all of the configuration data and documentation version information you would need to do so?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– What is the structure of the different information aspects on the interface?
– What is the detailed set of functions and properties of a given interface?
– Does management understand principles and concepts of system engineering?
– What are the expectations and limits of the given integration?
– What is the problem or opportunity addressed by the system?
– Who will use the systems engineering plan (sep)?
– What policies are currently being implemented?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– How much systems engineering is enough?
– How do we compare with the competition?
– What parts are connected to each other?
– How well should the system perform?
– How much architecting is enough?
– Why model-based architectures?
– How does it all fit together?
– What option is best?
Executable UML Critical Criteria:
Scan Executable UML decisions and forecast involvement of future Executable UML projects in development.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Business process modelling. How do we gain traction?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Business process modelling processes?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Track Extreme programming tasks and improve Extreme programming service perception.
– Is Business process modelling dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Enterprise systems engineering Critical Criteria:
Generalize Enterprise systems engineering tasks and look in other fields.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Business process modelling strengthening and reform actually originate?
Software archaeology Critical Criteria:
Understand Software archaeology management and assess and formulate effective operational and Software archaeology strategies.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Business process modelling that make it risky?
– How important is Business process modelling to the user organizations mission?
Structured analysis Critical Criteria:
Focus on Structured analysis decisions and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Structured analysis is getting what it needs.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Business process modelling project?
– What are all of our Business process modelling domains and what do they do?
– Are there Business process modelling problems defined?
Danese Cooper Critical Criteria:
Group Danese Cooper failures and display thorough understanding of the Danese Cooper process.
– Which Business process modelling goals are the most important?
View model Critical Criteria:
Generalize View model planning and shift your focus.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Business process modelling processes of our organization?
Quality function deployment Critical Criteria:
Apply Quality function deployment failures and remodel and develop an effective Quality function deployment strategy.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Business process modelling goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are our needs in relation to Business process modelling skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Risk management Critical Criteria:
Map Risk management leadership and track iterative Risk management results.
– What is the framework we use for general Cybersecurity certifications that integrate both knowledge and skill while predicting constraints of innate abilities on performance, and do we need specific certifications?
– Which factors posed a challenge to, or contributed to the success of, your companys ITRM initiatives in the past 12 months?
– What is the effect on the organizations mission if the Risk assessed system or information is not reliable?
– Do we have a log monitoring capability with analytics and alertingalso known as continuous monitoring?
– To what extent is your companys approach to ITRM aligned with the ERM strategies and frameworks?
– What is our approach to Risk Management in the specific area of social media?
– Do we have sufficient internal security leadership to implement programs?
– Who performs your companys information and technology risk assessments?
– Where do we locate our Cybersecurity Risk Management program/office?
– With risk analysis do we answer the question how big is the risk?
– How do you determine the effectiveness of your strategies?
– Are records kept of successful Cybersecurity intrusions?
– Are systems audited to detect Cybersecurity intrusions?
– Treating customers fairly, how do you judge that?
– Have we had a PCI compliance assessment done?
– Are we working on the right risks?
– How do you justify a new firewall?
– What if we already have something in place?
– When should risk be managed?
Generalised Enterprise Reference Architecture and Methodology Critical Criteria:
Probe Generalised Enterprise Reference Architecture and Methodology tactics and define Generalised Enterprise Reference Architecture and Methodology competency-based leadership.
Government agency Critical Criteria:
Think about Government agency tactics and find out what it really means.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Business process modelling been identified and analyzed?
– How is the value delivered by Business process modelling being measured?
Systems analysis Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Systems analysis governance and track iterative Systems analysis results.
– Can you think of situations that might fail the technical, organizational, or economic feasibility criteria?
– Schedule feasibility. can the solution be designed and implemented within an acceptable time period?
– Are there important aspects of system components that cannot be measured adequately at this time?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Business process modelling project?
– What criteria are most appropriate for assessing whether the systems attainments are adequate?
– What are the important external or multisectoral determinants of system performance?
– What are the principal mechanisms likely to bring about performance improvements?
– What are the different roles that are played on our systems development team?
– What types of planning are necessary to ensure the system s success?
– Could a particular task be done more quickly or more efficiently?
– What records are kept and how do they fit in with the functions?
– How do we practically monitor or measure margin to criticality?
– Technical feasibility. is the solution technically practical?
– Economic feasibility. is the solution cost-effective?
– What types of systems development plans are needed?
– When are users trained to use the new system?
– How will employees react to a new system?
– Systems Analysis and design: who is it?
– Can something be combined?
– Can a step be eliminated?
Software engineering Critical Criteria:
Infer Software engineering governance and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Software engineering information.
– DevOps isnt really a product. Its not something you can buy. DevOps is fundamentally about culture and about the quality of your application. And by quality I mean the specific software engineering term of quality, of different quality attributes. What matters to you?
– Can we answer questions like: Was the software process followed and software engineering standards been properly applied?
– Is open source software development faster, better, and cheaper than software engineering?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Business process modelling?
– Better, and cheaper than software engineering?
Iterative and incremental development Critical Criteria:
Boost Iterative and incremental development strategies and secure Iterative and incremental development creativity.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Business process modelling move?
Business process mapping Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Business process mapping engagements and test out new things.
– How do we go about Securing Business process modelling?
Artifact-centric business process model Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Artifact-centric business process model issues and prioritize challenges of Artifact-centric business process model.
Information model Critical Criteria:
Read up on Information model tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Information model.
– Has the semantic relationship between information elements been identified based on the information models and classification schemes?
– Do we monitor the Business process modelling decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– How do we keep improving Business process modelling?
Software process Critical Criteria:
Review Software process tactics and find out.
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Business process modelling study?
– How can we improve Business process modelling?
Business process Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Business process leadership and develop and take control of the Business process initiative.
– Have senior executives clearly identified and explained concerns regarding Customer Service issues and other change drivers, and emphasized that major improvements are imperative?
– Has business process Cybersecurity has been included in continuity of operations plans for areas such as customer data, billing, etc.?
– What finance, procurement and Human Resources business processes should be included in the scope of a erp solution?
– Do the functional areas need business process integration (e.g., order entl. billing, or Customer Service)?
– To satisfy customers and stakeholders, which internal business process must we excel in?
– How do clients contact client services with any questions about business processes?
– What are the relationships with other business processes and are these necessary?
– How do you inventory and assess business processes as part of an ERP evaluation?
– What would Eligible entity be asked to do to facilitate your normal business process?
– What business process supports the entry and validation of the data?
– What core business processes drive our industry and channel today?
– On what basis would you decide to redesign a business process?
– Does Business process modelling appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– How will business process and behavioral change be managed?
– How does the solution handle core business processes?
– What/how are business processes defined?
Work breakdown structure Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Work breakdown structure planning and correct Work breakdown structure management by competencies.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Business process modelling strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Explain in detail the Work Breakdown Structure?
Strategic management Critical Criteria:
Consider Strategic management management and handle a jump-start course to Strategic management.
– Can we do Business process modelling without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How can skill-level changes improve Business process modelling?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Rapid application development visions and look for lots of ideas.
– Rapid application development (rad) techniques have been around for about two decades now and have been used with varying degrees of success. sometimes rad is required for certain projects. but rad can be bad for database design. why?
– what is the best design framework for Business process modelling organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project violates particular laws or regulations?
– How are we going to realize the benefits of reusability if we keep shrinking the analysis phase?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in an organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Business process modelling objectives?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project can be completed on time?
– Are requirements abstract enough and can they change within limits?
– Technical feasibility -is the solution technically practical?
– How do you measure system effectiveness in your organization?
– What primary problems might a new or enhanced system solve?
– Is there a need to exchange data with other applications?
– Who are the potential users of the new application?
– How can you tell when a system is successful ?
– How do you decide that a system needs rework?
– How time-constrained is the project?
– What is a key aspect of prototyping?
– What is important for us?
– When use RAD?
Function model Critical Criteria:
Derive from Function model tactics and assess what counts with Function model that we are not counting.
– How do we go about Comparing Business process modelling approaches/solutions?
Peri Tarr Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Peri Tarr leadership and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Peri Tarr projects.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Business process modelling? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Business process modelling Management?
– What are internal and external Business process modelling relations?
Model-driven architecture Critical Criteria:
Explore Model-driven architecture issues and overcome Model-driven architecture skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Business process modelling strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How likely is the current Business process modelling plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do we manage Business process modelling Knowledge Management (KM)?
Business process management Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Business process management governance and intervene in Business process management processes and leadership.
– How will you measure your Business process modelling effectiveness?
– Who sets the Business process modelling standards?
Business Model Canvas Critical Criteria:
Derive from Business Model Canvas results and raise human resource and employment practices for Business Model Canvas.
Business Process Modeling Notation Critical Criteria:
Study Business Process Modeling Notation quality and explain and analyze the challenges of Business Process Modeling Notation.
Business process redesign Critical Criteria:
Group Business process redesign issues and differentiate in coordinating Business process redesign.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Business process modelling process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Business process modelling process available?
– Is maximizing Business process modelling protection the same as minimizing Business process modelling loss?
Technical support Critical Criteria:
Investigate Technical support governance and report on setting up Technical support without losing ground.
– What alternatives do the vendors offer for contacting technical support (e.g., email, telephone, online chat, and web-based reporting)?
– If technical support services are included, what is the vendors commitment to timely response?
– How do we know that any Business process modelling analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Systems development life cycle Critical Criteria:
Frame Systems development life cycle issues and find answers.
– Why is the systems development life cycle considered an iterative process?
– What are the five steps in the systems development life cycle (sdlc)?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Enterprise architecture failures and raise human resource and employment practices for Enterprise architecture.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Quality management Critical Criteria:
Meet over Quality management decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Quality management.
– What vendors make products that address the Business process modelling needs?
– What is the future of Data Quality management?
– Quality management -are clients satisfied?
Value Stream Mapping Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Value Stream Mapping issues and differentiate in coordinating Value Stream Mapping.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Business process modelling in a volatile global economy?
Software configuration management Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Software configuration management management and correct Software configuration management management by competencies.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Business process modelling services/products?
– Is there a Business process modelling Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are some of the software Configuration Management tools?
– Definition: what is software Configuration Management?
– Motivation: why software Configuration Management?
– Why software Configuration Management ?
Software maintenance Critical Criteria:
Meet over Software maintenance risks and look for lots of ideas.
– If the path forward waits until a new generation of devices essentially replaces an old generation of devices which could be somewhere between 5 and 15 years, what does the path forward look like for the legacy devices and their software maintenance?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Business process modelling processes?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Business process modelling project manager?
– How do we measure improved Business process modelling service perception, and satisfaction?
Business process modeling Critical Criteria:
Merge Business process modeling results and grade techniques for implementing Business process modeling controls.
– What are specific Business process modelling Rules to follow?
Data model Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Data model quality and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Data model is getting what it needs.
– What are the data model, data definitions, structure, and hosting options of purchased applications (COTS)?
– What is the physical data model definition (derived from logical data models) used to design the database?
– Do Business process modelling rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Is a Business process modelling Team Work effort in place?
– Physical data model available?
– Logical data model available?
Business plan Critical Criteria:
Discuss Business plan risks and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Business plan projects.
– Its important to reach your customers. Every business, if wise, will have a promotion and advertising plan. You need to consider the image you want to project to your customers about your business. Will your business stand out because you are a proven a leader in the service or product industry by providing innovative services or products, or you provide customer confidence by providing high quality Customer Service?
– Among the Business process modelling product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Have Business Plans with your Critical Preferred Vendors?
– Do you need to develop a Human Resources manual?
– How do you plan to address Customer Service?
– Do we offer Superior Customer Service?
Service-oriented architecture Critical Criteria:
Merge Service-oriented architecture projects and secure Service-oriented architecture creativity.
– What are our Business process modelling Processes?
Waterfall model Critical Criteria:
Use past Waterfall model projects and finalize the present value of growth of Waterfall model.
– Think about the functions involved in your Business process modelling project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Is Business process modelling Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Business Process Modelling Notation Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Business Process Modelling Notation decisions and shift your focus.
Formalized Administrative Notation Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Formalized Administrative Notation tasks and reduce Formalized Administrative Notation costs.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Business process modelling Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Business process modelling External links:
BPM Guide: Business process modelling in Trello – …
Practical Business Process Modelling with BPMN 2.0 – Meetup
Business Process Modelling using Enterprise Architect
Change management External links:
Change management experts -Change Management …
10 Change Management Best Practices | The Fast Track
DCCA Change Management
Software development External links:
Online Education and Software Development | Smart Horizons
Organizational chart External links:
http://An organizational chart (often called organization chart, org chart, organigram(me), or organogram) is a diagram that shows the structure of an organization and the relationships and relative ranks of its parts and positions/jobs. The term is also used for similar diagrams, for example ones showing the different elements of a field of knowledge or a group of languages.
DMV Organizational Chart | Department of Motor Vehicles
40 Organizational Chart Templates (Word, Excel, …
Software quality assurance External links:
15-1199.01 – Software Quality Assurance Engineers and …
Software Quality Assurance (SQA) – Techopedia.com
Software Quality Assurance Engineers & Testers at My Next Move
Business process modelling External links:
Practical Business Process Modelling with BPMN 2.0 – Meetup
Business Process Modelling Flashcards | Quizlet
BPM Guide: Business process modelling in Trello – …
Control flow diagram External links:
Control Flow Diagram for COBOL – In-Com Data Systems
PASTEURIZED-CHILLED FOOD PROCESS HAZARD CONTROL FLOW DIAGRAM
control flow diagram free download – SourceForge
Computer science External links:
TEALS – Computer Science in Every High School
UIC Computer Science
Purdue University – Department of Computer Science
Computer engineering External links:
Electrical and Computer Engineering | Virginia Tech
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Computer Science and Computer Engineering | …
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems External links:
Architecture of Integrated Information Systems – YouTube
[PDF]ARIS – Architecture of Integrated Information Systems
Project management External links:
LiquidPlanner: Online Project Management Software for …
Certifications | Project Management Institute
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Model Driven Engineering External links:
Model Driven Engineering | Department of Computer …
Trygve Reenskaug External links:
Trygve Reenskaug (Author of Working With Objects)
Data modeling External links:
The Difference Between Data Analysis and Data Modeling
Data Modeling | IT Pro
Data modeling (Book, 1995) [WorldCat.org]
Radhika Nagpal External links:
Radhika Nagpal Profiles | Facebook
Radhika Nagpal: What intelligent machines can learn from …
Radhika Nagpal (@npalRadhika) | Twitter
Process mining External links:
PROCESSGOLD – Professional Process Mining Software
Process Mining for SAP® – Worksoft Inc.
Celonis Process Mining – YouTube
Verification and validation External links:
International Address Verification and Validation | …
[PDF]Verification and Validation – University of California, …
Object model External links:
The Internet Explorer Object Model – msdn.microsoft.com
Distributed Component Object Model – technet.microsoft.com
Object Model calls may fail from WorkbookOpen event …
Business Process Model and Notation External links:
BPMN – Business Process Model and Notation, …
Business Process Model and Notation Solution | …
jBPMN( Java Business Process Model and Notation) …
Computer programming External links:
Computer Programming – ed2go
Computer Programming, Robotics & Engineering – STEM For Kids
Coding for Kids | Computer Programming | AgentCubes online
Software architecture External links:
Software Design vs. Software Architecture – Stack Overflow
Software Architecture: Meta and SOLID Principles in C# – Udemy
Software Architecture | Overview
Systems engineering External links:
Industrial & Systems Engineering | College of Engineering
Industrial, Manufacturing and Systems Engineering
DoD Systems Engineering – Guidance & Tools
Executable UML External links:
University Bookstore at Texas State – Executable UML
Executable UML (xUML)
[PDF]Executable UML: A Foundation for Model Driven …
Extreme programming External links:
Extreme Programming: A Gentle Introduction.
[PDF]Exploring Extreme Programming in Context: An …
Enterprise systems engineering External links:
Enterprise Systems Engineering | VA Mobile
Industrial and Enterprise Systems Engineering < … http://catalog.illinois.edu/graduate/graduate-majors/iese
[PDF]Framework for Enterprise Systems Engineering
Software archaeology External links:
Software Archaeology | CSIAC
Digging code: Software archaeology – TechRepublic
Software Archaeology – CODE Online
Structured analysis External links:
What is Structured Analysis? – Definition from Techopedia
Danese Cooper External links:
Danese Cooper – Google+
Danese Cooper | Flickr
Danese Cooper (@DivaDanese) | Twitter
View model External links:
My View model position for CS:GO – Steam Community
[PDF]FAUCET PARTS – EXPLODED VIEW Model # K-00HA: …
http://A view model represents the data that you want to display on your view/page, whether it be used for static text or for input values (like textboxes and dropdown lists) that can be added to the database (or edited). It is something different than your domain model. It is a model for the view.
Quality function deployment External links:
what is QFD? (quality function deployment) – …
QFD Online – Quality Function Deployment
Quality Function Deployment | ASQ
Risk management External links:
20 Best Title:(risk Management Manager) jobs (Hiring …
Education Risk Management | Edu Risk Solutions
Risk Management Job Titles | Enlighten Jobs
Government agency External links:
Government Agency – Nixle
Systems analysis External links:
My Systems Analysis Ch. 12 Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]SYSTEMS ANALYSIS – WHAT, WHY AND HOW
P E Systems | Systems Analysis | Technology Services
Software engineering External links:
Software Engineering Institute
Academy for Software Engineering / Homepage
Iterative and incremental development External links:
[PDF]Iterative and Incremental Development (IID)
Iterative and Incremental Development – Quora
Iterative and incremental development – YouTube
Business process mapping External links:
Learn the difference between business process mapping and modeling (BPM). Visualize, analyize, and improve your processes. See BPM symbols, examples, read tutorials.
http://Process Mapping / Jr. Business Process Associate …
Essential Guide to Business Process Mapping | Smartsheet
What is business process mapping? – Definition from …
Artifact-centric business process model External links:
Artifact-centric business process model – WOW.com
Information model External links:
Jail Information Model (eBook, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Information Models, Data Models, and YANG – ietf.org
Common Building Information Model Files and Tools
Software process External links:
Team Software Process | Overview
[PDF]Software Process Improvement: An Introduction
Business process External links:
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
Information technology and business process …
Canon Business Process Services
Work breakdown structure External links:
[PDF]15 Work Breakdown Structure
[DOC]WORK BREAKDOWN STRUCTURE – Maryland
[PPT]Work Breakdown Structure – Perisic
Strategic management External links:
Strategic Management – Strategic Management Insight
Strategic Management Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Strategic Management – AbeBooks
Rapid application development External links:
Rapid Application Development – kintone.com
http://Ad · www.kintone.com/applications/free-trial
Pega 7 Platform: Rapid Application Development | Pega
Rapid Application Development – bettyblocks.com
http://Ad · www.bettyblocks.com/RAD-platform/whitepaper
Function model External links:
[PDF]360 Thinking: An Executive Function Model and …
A power function model using R statistics – YouTube
Model-driven architecture External links:
Model-Driven Architecture (MDA) – Gartner IT Glossary
Business process management External links:
Workflow Software, Business Process Management …
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Business Model Canvas External links:
Business Model Canvas PowerPoint Templates – …
[PDF]Business Model Canvas – Community Development …
https://www.cdfifund.gov/Documents/Business Model Canvas_Handout.pdf
Business Model Canvas – Alex Cowan
Business Process Modeling Notation External links:
About the Business Process Modeling Notation …
CiteSeerX — Business Process Modeling Notation
Title: Business Process Modeling Notation – An Overview
Business process redesign External links:
[PDF]How to Use the PRF65 Business Process Redesign …
Business Process Redesign – BPR – Investopedia
Technical support External links:
Life Fitness Technical Support – Welcome
Comcast Customer Service – XFINITY® Technical Support
QIES Technical Support Office – Welcome
Systems development life cycle External links:
The Systems Development Life Cycle
DOJ Systems Development Life Cycle Guidance Table of Contents
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT LIFE CYCLE – PCC
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture | North Dakota ITD
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Quality management External links:
Quality Management Training Solutions from BSI
abaqis® | Quality Management System
Value Stream Mapping External links:
[PDF]Value Stream Mapping at XYZ Company by Madhubala …
Title V Value Stream Mapping | Iowa Department of …
[PDF]Title Value Stream Mapping for SMEs: a case study
Software configuration management External links:
[PDF]Software Configuration Management A Clear Case …
Software configuration management
http://In software engineering, software configuration management (SCM or S/W CM) is the task of tracking and controlling changes in the software, part of the larger cross-disciplinary field of configuration management. SCM practices include revision control and the establishment of baselines. If something goes wrong, SCM can determine what was changed and who changed it.
Set up the software configuration management …
Business process modeling External links:
Bpmn Method and Style, 2nd Edition, with Bpmn Implementer’s Guide: A Structured Approach for Business Process Modeling and Implementation Using Bpmn 2 …
The importance of business process modeling in …
Guide to Business Process Modeling | Smartsheet
Data model External links:
Introducing the new entities in the Common data model
What’s the difference between data model and object …
Business plan External links:
Business Plan Templates
Free Business Plan Template – Edit & Download. 100% Free.
http://Ad · planbuildr.com/businessplan/templates
Free Business Plan- Create Now – formtemplates.org
http://Ad · www.formtemplates.org/Free-Biz-Plan/Create-Biz-Plan
Service-oriented architecture External links:
Service-Oriented Architecture Summary | Accenture
Waterfall model External links:
SDLC – Waterfall Model – tutorialspoint.com
Prototype and Waterfall Model Flashcards | Quizlet
What project or company uses the waterfall model? – Quora
Business Process Modelling Notation External links:
How do I use Business Process Modelling Notation (BPMN…