What is involved in Agile
Find out what the related areas are that Agile connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Agile thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Agile Unified Process journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Agile Unified Process leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Agile related domains to cover and 120 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Agile, AIM-95 Agile, Agile Communications, Agile Project Management, Agile Property, Agile Software Corporation, Agile construction, Agile manufacturing, Agile software development, Agility, Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe, Chevrolet Agile, HMS Agile, Mega Man X2, Project AGILE, USS Agile, Wallis WA-116 Agile:
Agile Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Agile projects and sort Agile activities.
– Scrums productivity stems from doing the right things first and doing those things very effectively. The product owner queues up the right work by prioritizing the product backlog. How does the team maximize its productivity, though?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– How do you select new suppliers and screen potential new customers?
– What changes need to be made to agile development today?
– How will stakeholders and customers react to the change?
– So will Agile Development define a new set of process activities?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– What venues are most important for this field?
– What are the project priorities and constraints?
– Does your team use Agile Methodology?
– Initial planning meeting: What is it?
– Are there tasks that can be dropped?
– How can we manage agile development?
– What needs to be designed for that?
– What is Scale and Why Manage It?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
– What is the cost of change?
– When should we not use it?
– Have we Adopted Agile?
– What Does Done Mean?
AIM-95 Agile Critical Criteria:
Guide AIM-95 Agile planning and proactively manage AIM-95 Agile risks.
– Does Agile systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Agile project?
Agile Communications Critical Criteria:
Grasp Agile Communications goals and get answers.
– Who needs to know about Agile ?
Agile Project Management Critical Criteria:
Chat re Agile Project Management engagements and find out what it really means.
– How do you merge agile, lightweight processes with standard industrial processes without either killing agility or undermining the years youve spent defining and refining your systems and software process assets?
– How can a company arrange a new project if the management does not know when they will finish the current projects and when the employees will be free to take on a new project?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– Are there metrics and standards that can be used for control of agile project progress during execution?
– How will the existing culture and organizational structure be impacted by agile project management?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– What are our needs in relation to Agile skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Will reporting methods be different for agile versus traditional projects?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Are there separate sub-systems that have to communicate?
– Can scrum do the same for globally distributed teams?
– that is fine as far as it goes, but does this scale?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– What about when our context is not so simple?
– Are the pms ready to execute agile projects?
– How do we deal with change when it happens?
– How familiar are we with Agile project management?
Agile Property Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Agile Property results and explore and align the progress in Agile Property.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Agile strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– How do we manage Agile Knowledge Management (KM)?
– What are internal and external Agile relations?
Agile Software Corporation Critical Criteria:
Consider Agile Software Corporation engagements and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Agile Software Corporation.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Agile process?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Agile leaders?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Agile activities?
Agile construction Critical Criteria:
Test Agile construction results and oversee implementation of Agile construction.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Agile? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– When a Agile manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Agile manufacturing Critical Criteria:
Generalize Agile manufacturing outcomes and research ways can we become the Agile manufacturing company that would put us out of business.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Agile delivery for example is new software needed?
– Does the Agile task fit the clients priorities?
– What is Effective Agile?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Infer Agile software development results and grade techniques for implementing Agile software development controls.
– Can working in an agile mode assist a corporate venture in achieving good results early, in starting business, and in bringing income for the parent company?
– How could agile approach be taken into consideration when recruiting personnel and allocating people into projects?
– Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Does the organization have a distinct quality program that support continuous process improvement?
– Is our organization clear about the relationship between agile software development and DevOps?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Agile ?
– To what level of detail will you capture the requirements, if at all?
– What technologies are available to support system development?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– How Agile are Industrial Software Development Practices?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– How can a conceptual agile framework be developed?
– How could a more enhanced framework be developed?
– What challenges do teams face when scaling agile?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– Is the system subject to external regulation?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– Detaching: when does it break down?
– How good are our agile methods?
– A separate test team?
Agility Critical Criteria:
Audit Agility failures and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Agility projects.
– When developing and capitalizing on IoT solutions, do we as owners consider the societal cost, systemic risk, and risk externality to avoid what may be called designer hubris. In other words, why add features when theyre not needed and contribute to the insecurity/fragility of the whole system?
– Do we obtain it performance reports illustrating the value of it from a business driver perspective (Customer Service, cost, agility, quality, etc.)?
– Do we ensure to not add features when theyre not needed and contribute to the insecurity/fragility of the whole system?
– Agility is Key to Industry Relevance. Major projects and initiatives realize their value only when delivered, so why wait?
– Can Agility Work With a Waterfall Project Management Process in our Setting?
– What are the long-term Agile goals?
– Why should we adopt a Agile framework?
– What is Agility ?
– How can we improve Agile?
Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe decisions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Association of Geographic Information Laboratories for Europe.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Agile product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– Do we all define Agile in the same way?
– What threat is Agile addressing?
Chevrolet Agile Critical Criteria:
Depict Chevrolet Agile engagements and pay attention to the small things.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Agile products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Have you identified your Agile key performance indicators?
– How can you measure Agile in a systematic way?
HMS Agile Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze HMS Agile planning and get answers.
– To what extent does management recognize Agile as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we maintain Agiles Integrity?
Mega Man X2 Critical Criteria:
Map Mega Man X2 tasks and check on ways to get started with Mega Man X2.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Agile values?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Agile project manager?
– Why is Agile important for you now?
Project AGILE Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Project AGILE issues and track iterative Project AGILE results.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Agile move?
– How do we keep improving Agile?
USS Agile Critical Criteria:
Investigate USS Agile management and prioritize challenges of USS Agile.
– In what ways are Agile vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Agile processes?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Agile?
Wallis WA-116 Agile Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Wallis WA-116 Agile goals and plan concise Wallis WA-116 Agile education.
– How do we go about Securing Agile?
– Is the scope of Agile defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Agile Unified Process Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Agile External links:
NetQuarry – Be Agile
CRM Software, Sales and Marketing Automation | Agile CRM
Comparative Agility – World’s largest Agile Assessment …
AIM-95 Agile External links:
AIM-95 Agile – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Hughes AIM-95 Agile – Designation-Systems.Net
Aviation Archives: AIM-95 Agile Missile
Agile Communications External links:
Agile.cc Agile Communications, Inc.
agile.com.au – Agile Communications – Broadband Data …
Agile Communications 555 St Charles Dr Ste 205 …
Agile Project Management External links:
Agile Project Management Certification Training
What is agile project management? – Definition from …
What is Agile Project Management? – Unified Agile & DevOps
Agile Property External links:
Agile Property (@agilepropertyp) | Twitter
Agile Property Holdings on the Forbes Global 2000 List
Agile Software Corporation External links:
[PDF]07-593 Agile Software Corporation (‘AGIL/IQG’) …
Agile Software Corporation () IPO | Date, Amount, Price & …
Agile Software Corporation – PlainSite
Agile construction External links:
AGILE Construction Group, LLC – Home | Facebook
Contractor Information ROC250783 Agile Construction …
“DEFINING AND EVALUATING AGILE CONSTRUCTION …
Agile manufacturing External links:
Lean Zone Agile Manufacturing
Agile software development External links:
Scrum Overview: Agile Software Development
Agile Software Development – Free Agile Whitepaper
http://Ad · go.jamasoftware.com/Agile
Agility External links:
Speed & Agility Training | TITLE Boxing – TITLE Boxing
Guide to AKC Dog Agility and Obedience Titles – Petcha
[PDF]Regulations for Agility Trials and Agility Course Test …
Chevrolet Agile External links:
Chevrolet Agile – WheelsAge.org
Defeito Chevrolet Agile. – YouTube
Mega Man X2 External links:
MMHP: Mega Man X2 Password Generator
Mega Man X2 – Upgrades and SubTanks FAQ – IGN
[TAS] SNES Mega Man X & Mega Man X2 & Mega Man X3 …
Project AGILE External links:
Project AGILE & the M16 Rifle – darpa.mil
USS Agile External links:
USS AGILE (MSO-421) ALL HANDS – Hull Number
USS AGILE (MSO-421) Crew Roster – Hull Number
USS AGILE (MSO-421) STORE – CafePress.com
Wallis WA-116 Agile External links:
1/18 Scale Wallis WA-116 Agile Autogyro | Large Scale …
Wallis WA-116 Agile autogyro flown by Ken Wallis – YouTube
Wallis WA-116 Agile – WOW.com