What is involved in Unified Communications and Collaboration
Find out what the related areas are that Unified Communications and Collaboration connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Unified Communications and Collaboration thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Unified Communications and Collaboration related domains to cover and 119 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Unified Communications and Collaboration, Unified communications, Call control, Collaborative software, Communications service provider, Computer network, Computer speech recognition, Desktop sharing, Digital signage, Emergency communication system, Extension Mobility, Fixed-mobile convergence, IBM Lotus Sametime, IP telephony, Instant messaging, Intelligent network service, Interactive whiteboard, Internet Protocol Television, Juniper Networks, Key telephone system, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Windows, Mobile collaboration, Mozilla Thunderbird, Network World, Office Communications Server, Phone company, Presence information, Presence service, Private branch exchange, Real-time Transport Protocol, Software as a service, Speech recognition, Telecommunication circuit, Telephone exchange, Unified Communications Interoperability Forum, Unified Communications as a Service, Unified communications management, Unified messaging, Unify GmbH & Co. KG, Video conferencing, Voice over Internet Protocol:
Unified Communications and Collaboration Critical Criteria:
Investigate Unified Communications and Collaboration quality and summarize a clear Unified Communications and Collaboration focus.
– How do we know that any Unified Communications and Collaboration analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How do we Identify specific Unified Communications and Collaboration investment and emerging trends?
– Have all basic functions of Unified Communications and Collaboration been defined?
Unified communications Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Unified communications outcomes and create Unified communications explanations for all managers.
– How do we keep improving Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– Is the scope of Unified Communications and Collaboration defined?
– How to Secure Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Call control Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Call control leadership and cater for concise Call control education.
– Have the types of risks that may impact Unified Communications and Collaboration been identified and analyzed?
– Are there Unified Communications and Collaboration problems defined?
– What is our Unified Communications and Collaboration Strategy?
Collaborative software Critical Criteria:
Review Collaborative software governance and innovate what needs to be done with Collaborative software.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Unified Communications and Collaboration objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Is there a Unified Communications and Collaboration Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Communications service provider risks and find out.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Unified Communications and Collaboration into the services that we provide?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Understand Computer network failures and handle a jump-start course to Computer network.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Unified Communications and Collaboration opportunities costing us money?
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– Which Unified Communications and Collaboration goals are the most important?
– What are internal and external Unified Communications and Collaboration relations?
Computer speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Computer speech recognition outcomes and gather practices for scaling Computer speech recognition.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Unified Communications and Collaboration process?
– Why are Unified Communications and Collaboration skills important?
Desktop sharing Critical Criteria:
Gauge Desktop sharing goals and display thorough understanding of the Desktop sharing process.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Unified Communications and Collaboration process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Unified Communications and Collaboration process available?
– How will you know that the Unified Communications and Collaboration project has been successful?
Digital signage Critical Criteria:
Nurse Digital signage management and define what do we need to start doing with Digital signage.
– Is there any existing Unified Communications and Collaboration governance structure?
– How do we Lead with Unified Communications and Collaboration in Mind?
Emergency communication system Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Emergency communication system tactics and gather practices for scaling Emergency communication system.
– To what extent does management recognize Unified Communications and Collaboration as a tool to increase the results?
– What are the usability implications of Unified Communications and Collaboration actions?
– Who needs to know about Unified Communications and Collaboration ?
Extension Mobility Critical Criteria:
Probe Extension Mobility tasks and define what do we need to start doing with Extension Mobility.
– Think about the people you identified for your Unified Communications and Collaboration project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– what is the best design framework for Unified Communications and Collaboration organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Fixed-mobile convergence Critical Criteria:
Test Fixed-mobile convergence results and find out what it really means.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Unified Communications and Collaboration project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Unified Communications and Collaboration project lifecycle?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Unified Communications and Collaboration experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Unified Communications and Collaboration process?
IBM Lotus Sametime Critical Criteria:
Study IBM Lotus Sametime adoptions and budget for IBM Lotus Sametime challenges.
– Is maximizing Unified Communications and Collaboration protection the same as minimizing Unified Communications and Collaboration loss?
– How can you measure Unified Communications and Collaboration in a systematic way?
IP telephony Critical Criteria:
Value IP telephony goals and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling IP telephony projects.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Unified Communications and Collaboration goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What will drive Unified Communications and Collaboration change?
Instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Review Instant messaging visions and shift your focus.
– Which customers cant participate in our Unified Communications and Collaboration domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
– Is Unified Communications and Collaboration Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Does the Unified Communications and Collaboration task fit the clients priorities?
Intelligent network service Critical Criteria:
Check Intelligent network service strategies and catalog what business benefits will Intelligent network service goals deliver if achieved.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Unified Communications and Collaboration project manager?
– Are there Unified Communications and Collaboration Models?
Interactive whiteboard Critical Criteria:
Discuss Interactive whiteboard issues and oversee Interactive whiteboard management by competencies.
– How can you negotiate Unified Communications and Collaboration successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Unified Communications and Collaboration that make it risky?
Internet Protocol Television Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Internet Protocol Television adoptions and oversee Internet Protocol Television requirements.
– Is the Unified Communications and Collaboration organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Do we all define Unified Communications and Collaboration in the same way?
– Why should we adopt a Unified Communications and Collaboration framework?
Juniper Networks Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Juniper Networks outcomes and develop and take control of the Juniper Networks initiative.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Unified Communications and Collaboration products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What business benefits will Unified Communications and Collaboration goals deliver if achieved?
Key telephone system Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Key telephone system visions and adopt an insight outlook.
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Unified Communications and Collaboration activities?
Lotus Notes Critical Criteria:
Talk about Lotus Notes tactics and get going.
– In the case of a Unified Communications and Collaboration project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Unified Communications and Collaboration project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Unified Communications and Collaboration project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– What are the barriers to increased Unified Communications and Collaboration production?
Microsoft Outlook Critical Criteria:
Probe Microsoft Outlook failures and describe the risks of Microsoft Outlook sustainability.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Unified Communications and Collaboration? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Do Unified Communications and Collaboration rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– Are accountability and ownership for Unified Communications and Collaboration clearly defined?
Microsoft Windows Critical Criteria:
Consider Microsoft Windows adoptions and revise understanding of Microsoft Windows architectures.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Unified Communications and Collaboration agendas for the next 3 years?
– Can we do Unified Communications and Collaboration without complex (expensive) analysis?
Mobile collaboration Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Mobile collaboration engagements and question.
– What are our needs in relation to Unified Communications and Collaboration skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Mozilla Thunderbird Critical Criteria:
Consult on Mozilla Thunderbird adoptions and question.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Unified Communications and Collaboration processes?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
Network World Critical Criteria:
Debate over Network World tactics and find the essential reading for Network World researchers.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Unified Communications and Collaboration project?
Office Communications Server Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Office Communications Server risks and oversee Office Communications Server requirements.
– Can we add value to the current Unified Communications and Collaboration decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Phone company Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Phone company projects and summarize a clear Phone company focus.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Unified Communications and Collaboration delivery for example is new software needed?
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Does Unified Communications and Collaboration analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Presence information Critical Criteria:
Coach on Presence information projects and define what our big hairy audacious Presence information goal is.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Unified Communications and Collaboration processes?
– How do we go about Securing Unified Communications and Collaboration?
– What threat is Unified Communications and Collaboration addressing?
Presence service Critical Criteria:
Meet over Presence service issues and define what do we need to start doing with Presence service.
– Do we have past Unified Communications and Collaboration Successes?
Private branch exchange Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Private branch exchange outcomes and point out improvements in Private branch exchange.
– Will Unified Communications and Collaboration have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Who will provide the final approval of Unified Communications and Collaboration deliverables?
Real-time Transport Protocol Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Real-time Transport Protocol failures and overcome Real-time Transport Protocol skills and management ineffectiveness.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Unified Communications and Collaboration information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Mix Software as a service adoptions and overcome Software as a service skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Unified Communications and Collaboration move?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Speech recognition Critical Criteria:
Mix Speech recognition tactics and ask questions.
– How is the value delivered by Unified Communications and Collaboration being measured?
– Are there recognized Unified Communications and Collaboration problems?
Telecommunication circuit Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Telecommunication circuit visions and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Telecommunication circuit.
– How would one define Unified Communications and Collaboration leadership?
– Is Unified Communications and Collaboration Required?
Telephone exchange Critical Criteria:
Add value to Telephone exchange decisions and gather Telephone exchange models .
– Have you identified your Unified Communications and Collaboration key performance indicators?
– What are the business goals Unified Communications and Collaboration is aiming to achieve?
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum Critical Criteria:
Grasp Unified Communications Interoperability Forum engagements and forecast involvement of future Unified Communications Interoperability Forum projects in development.
– Do we monitor the Unified Communications and Collaboration decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– What is Effective Unified Communications and Collaboration?
Unified Communications as a Service Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Unified Communications as a Service results and adopt an insight outlook.
– How to deal with Unified Communications and Collaboration Changes?
Unified communications management Critical Criteria:
See the value of Unified communications management management and revise understanding of Unified communications management architectures.
Unified messaging Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Unified messaging decisions and develop and take control of the Unified messaging initiative.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Unified Communications and Collaboration strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Unified Communications and Collaboration, including any consulting or professional services?
Unify GmbH & Co. KG Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Unify GmbH & Co. KG management and handle a jump-start course to Unify GmbH & Co. KG.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Unified Communications and Collaboration is underway?
– How do we manage Unified Communications and Collaboration Knowledge Management (KM)?
Video conferencing Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Video conferencing management and change contexts.
– Do those selected for the Unified Communications and Collaboration team have a good general understanding of what Unified Communications and Collaboration is all about?
– Do the Unified Communications and Collaboration decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Voice over Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Detail Voice over Internet Protocol issues and tour deciding if Voice over Internet Protocol progress is made.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Unified Communications and Collaboration. How do we gain traction?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Unified Communications and Collaboration UCC Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Unified Communications and Collaboration External links:
Unified Communications and Collaboration | UC-One
Unified communications External links:
Unified Communications & Conferencing | West Corporation
What is Unified Communications? Webopedia Definition
ReadyTalk – Unified Communications; Audio, Video & …
Call control External links:
Virtual Phone System for Complete Call Control | RingCentral
Outgoing Call Control User Guide – AT&T
Call Control – Cisco
Collaborative software External links:
XHANDU Home The First Realtime Collaborative Software
Home – IRIS Business Architect collaborative software
Dicolab – Creators of multi-user collaborative software
Communications service provider External links:
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Computer network External links:
15-1152.00 – Computer Network Support Specialists
What is a Computer Network? Webopedia Definition
Computer speech recognition External links:
COMPUTER SPEECH RECOGNITION WITH NEURAL …
Desktop sharing External links:
ShoreTel | Support – Desktop Sharing from Connect Client Fails
Join a Desktop Sharing Session | www.mikogo.com
Desktop Sharing Products and Services | ShowMyPC
Digital signage External links:
Convergent Digital Signage as a Service: Software & …
Kiosks & Digital Signage – Customer Experience Leader
Industry Weapon Digital Signage
Emergency communication system External links:
Emergency Communication System – Rave Mobile Safety
Emergency Communication System: Telephone, …
Contact Emergency Communication System Provider | …
Extension Mobility External links:
Single Sign-On (SSO) Extension Mobility Client
VOIP Phones – Extension Mobility PIN Change – YouTube
Extension Mobility Login | Office of IT
IBM Lotus Sametime External links:
Welcome to IBM Lotus Sametime – st.kc.us.army.mil
Sharing your screen with IBM Lotus Sametime – YouTube
IBM Lotus Sametime Meetings – Meeting Room Center
IP telephony External links:
Why Choose ShoreTel? IP Telephony & UC Solutions
IP Telephony | Kent State University
IP Telephony Voice over IP (VoIP) – Cisco
Instant messaging External links:
Business Instant Messaging Software | LivePerson
Vayusphere® Instant Messaging Applications, Chatbots, …
ICE Instant Messaging
Intelligent network service External links:
Patent EP0722257B1 – Intelligent network service …
System, intelligent network service engine and method …
Interactive whiteboard External links:
Interactive Whiteboard Games | PBS KIDS
Internet Protocol Television External links:
Hospital IPTV | Internet Protocol Television | TeleHealth
IPTV: Internet Protocol Television • r/IPTV – Reddit-IPTV
What is Internet protocol television? Webopedia Definition
Juniper Networks External links:
JNPR : Summary for Juniper Networks, Inc. – Yahoo Finance
Exam Registration – Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks – Official Site
Key telephone system External links:
Key telephone system – REDCOM LABORATORIES, Inc.
What is KEY TELEPHONE SYSTEM (KTS)? definition of …
Toshiba CTX 670 CIX 670 Key Telephone System
Lotus Notes External links:
[PDF]Lotus Notes Demo – Topaz Systems
[PDF]A Beginner s Guide to Lotus Notes – mason.gmu.edu …
Microsoft Outlook External links:
Set Up AT&T Email in Microsoft Outlook 2013 – Email Support
See shopping results for microsoft outlook
Security Update for Microsoft Outlook 2013 (KB4011178) …
Microsoft Windows External links:
Apps | Microsoft Windows 10 | Official Site
Information about the Attachment Manager in Microsoft Windows
Mobile collaboration External links:
Mobile Collaboration Platform – eesyQ
eesyQ Mobile Collaboration Platform
Mobile Collaboration | Plantronics
Mozilla Thunderbird External links:
Mozilla Thunderbird – Download
Setting Up Your E-mail in Mozilla Thunderbird
Configure Mozilla Thunderbird 16.0 and Up for Comcast …
Network World External links:
Novosti mira – Information and advertising network World …
DNSHighWay Our Network World Map power by HostingBuY
Network World – Home | Facebook
Phone company External links:
Ohio Telecom – The Phone Company You Keep
Pine Cellular Cell Phone Company Oklahoma
Partner Mobile – Mobile Phone Company in Nigeria
Presence information External links:
In computer and telecommunications networks, presence information is a status indicator that conveys ability and willingness of a potential communication partner-for example a user-to communicate.
Presence service External links:
Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence Service
Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM & Presence Service
Private branch exchange External links:
Veritas Private Branch Exchange (PBX)
PBX (private branch exchange) – Gartner IT Glossary
ContactNow: Private Branch Exchange (PBX) Overview …
Real-time Transport Protocol External links:
Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP) Parameters
[PDF]Configuring Secure Real-Time Transport Protocol …
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service – Banking Solutions | FinReach
Software as a Service IT Monitoring Solutions | MyITOps
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Speech recognition External links:
eCareNotes – Speech Recognition Software
Speech API – Speech Recognition | Google Cloud Platform
Telecommunication circuit External links:
http://A telecommunication circuit is any line, conductor, or other conduit by which information is transmitted. A dedicated circuit, private circuit, or leased line is a line that is dedicated to only one use. Originally, this was analog, and was often used by radio stations as a studio/transmitter link (STL) or remote pickup unit (RPU) for their audio, sometimes as a backup to other means.
Telephone exchange External links:
North American Telephone Exchange Lookup by NPA NXX
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum External links:
Unified Communications Interoperability Forum (UCIF)
Unified Communications as a Service External links:
UCaaS, Unified Communications As A Service | Masergy
Unified communications management External links:
[PDF]Using Unified Communications Management to …
[PDF]Using Unified Communications Management (UCM) …
[PDF]Nortel Unified Communications Management …
Unified messaging External links:
NuPoint Unified Messaging – Login
Voice mail in Exchange Online: Unified Messaging
Unified Messaging System
Video conferencing External links:
HIPAA Compliant Video Conferencing for Telemental …
Voice over Internet Protocol External links:
[PDF]Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) – VoIP Consumer …
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
Bogen VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol)