What is involved in Presales
Find out what the related areas are that Presales connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Presales thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Presales journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Presales leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Presales related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Presales, Account-based marketing, Behavioral targeting, Brand ambassador, Brand licensing, Brand management, Corporate anniversary, Corporate identity, Corporate propaganda, Digital marketing, Direct marketing, Display advertising, Drip marketing, Loyalty marketing, Market segmentation, Marketing activation, Marketing effectiveness, Marketing ethics, Marketing management, Marketing operations, Marketing research, Marketing strategy, Mobile advertising, Mobile marketing, Music on hold, Native advertising, New media, Online advertising, Out-of-home advertising, Personal selling, Point of sale, Product demonstration, Product marketing, Product placement, Promotional merchandise, Proof of concept, Sales promotion, Sex in advertising, Social marketing, Underwriting spot, Visual merchandising, Web banner, Willingness to pay, Word-of-mouth marketing:
Presales Critical Criteria:
Guard Presales visions and gather practices for scaling Presales.
– What are current Presales Paradigms?
– Do we have past Presales Successes?
– How can we improve Presales?
Account-based marketing Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Account-based marketing risks and pay attention to the small things.
– Does Presales analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What business benefits will Presales goals deliver if achieved?
– Is the scope of Presales defined?
Behavioral targeting Critical Criteria:
Depict Behavioral targeting planning and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Behavioral targeting results.
– Consider your own Presales project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How will you know that the Presales project has been successful?
– What about Presales Analysis of results?
Brand ambassador Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Brand ambassador goals and drive action.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Presales delivery for example is new software needed?
– What is our formula for success in Presales ?
Brand licensing Critical Criteria:
Survey Brand licensing strategies and track iterative Brand licensing results.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Presales project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Presales process?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Presales project manager?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Merge Brand management engagements and oversee Brand management requirements.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Presales project?
– How do we go about Comparing Presales approaches/solutions?
Corporate anniversary Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Corporate anniversary decisions and prioritize challenges of Corporate anniversary.
– Will Presales have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Among the Presales product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– What is Effective Presales?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Confer re Corporate identity results and change contexts.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Presales?
– What are specific Presales Rules to follow?
Corporate propaganda Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Corporate propaganda goals and create Corporate propaganda explanations for all managers.
– How do we measure improved Presales service perception, and satisfaction?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Presales?
– What are all of our Presales domains and what do they do?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Mix Digital marketing quality and remodel and develop an effective Digital marketing strategy.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Presales product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Presales opportunities costing us money?
Direct marketing Critical Criteria:
Own Direct marketing projects and report on developing an effective Direct marketing strategy.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Presales process?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Presales leaders?
– How do we go about Securing Presales?
Display advertising Critical Criteria:
Jump start Display advertising strategies and find answers.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Presales services/products?
– What are our needs in relation to Presales skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What is the source of the strategies for Presales strengthening and reform?
Drip marketing Critical Criteria:
Model after Drip marketing failures and probe the present value of growth of Drip marketing.
– Does Presales create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Do the Presales decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Loyalty marketing Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Loyalty marketing adoptions and reduce Loyalty marketing costs.
– How important is Presales to the user organizations mission?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Review Market segmentation strategies and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Market segmentation.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Presales workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– What are the short and long-term Presales goals?
– How much does Presales help?
Marketing activation Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Marketing activation management and gather Marketing activation models .
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Presales in a volatile global economy?
Marketing effectiveness Critical Criteria:
Grade Marketing effectiveness leadership and separate what are the business goals Marketing effectiveness is aiming to achieve.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Presales process?
– Is there any existing Presales governance structure?
Marketing ethics Critical Criteria:
Look at Marketing ethics outcomes and correct Marketing ethics management by competencies.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Presales Management?
– Are there Presales problems defined?
Marketing management Critical Criteria:
Own Marketing management quality and research ways can we become the Marketing management company that would put us out of business.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Presales project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Presales project lifecycle?
– Can we add value to the current Presales decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– In what ways are Presales vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Marketing operations Critical Criteria:
Administer Marketing operations engagements and probe Marketing operations strategic alliances.
Marketing research Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Marketing research tasks and get going.
– Is there a Presales Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– In what way(s) did marketing research help shape CRM?
Marketing strategy Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Marketing strategy issues and proactively manage Marketing strategy risks.
– How does our company use its web-site for Customer Service and / or customer relationship building?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep our products at the forefront?
– What kind of marketing strategy would you use in each stage to keep the product at the forefront?
– What is our Increasing importance of integrated marketing communications … why?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Presales been identified and analyzed?
– What are the parts of a marketing strategy?
– Why are Presales skills important?
Mobile advertising Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Mobile advertising decisions and research ways can we become the Mobile advertising company that would put us out of business.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Presales move?
Mobile marketing Critical Criteria:
Use past Mobile marketing tactics and perfect Mobile marketing conflict management.
– Do those selected for the Presales team have a good general understanding of what Presales is all about?
– How likely is the current Presales plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Music on hold Critical Criteria:
Investigate Music on hold quality and grade techniques for implementing Music on hold controls.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Presales project?
Native advertising Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Native advertising outcomes and transcribe Native advertising as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Presales into the services that we provide?
– How can you negotiate Presales successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
New media Critical Criteria:
Consider New media failures and arbitrate New media techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Presales values?
– What vendors make products that address the Presales needs?
– Have all basic functions of Presales been defined?
Online advertising Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Online advertising results and do something to it.
– When a Presales manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Out-of-home advertising Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Out-of-home advertising results and cater for concise Out-of-home advertising education.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Presales moving forward?
– Are there recognized Presales problems?
Personal selling Critical Criteria:
Examine Personal selling failures and devote time assessing Personal selling and its risk.
– Does Presales include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What is the major advantage of personal selling over advertising as a communication method?
– Think of your Presales project. what are the main functions?
– How to Secure Presales?
Point of sale Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Point of sale issues and find the essential reading for Point of sale researchers.
Product demonstration Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Product demonstration issues and integrate design thinking in Product demonstration innovation.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Presales processes?
– How do we maintain Presaless Integrity?
Product marketing Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Product marketing decisions and describe which business rules are needed as Product marketing interface.
Product placement Critical Criteria:
Chart Product placement results and pioneer acquisition of Product placement systems.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Presales information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Promotional merchandise Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Promotional merchandise goals and innovate what needs to be done with Promotional merchandise.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Presales agendas for the next 3 years?
Proof of concept Critical Criteria:
Define Proof of concept goals and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Proof of concept results.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Presales experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Will a proof of concept support and create awareness of the power of the AWS cloud within the organization?
– In a project to restructure Presales outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is explored during the proof of concept phase for cloud adoption?
– Which applications can I immediately move after a proof of concept?
– What should a proof of concept or pilot accomplish?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Sales promotion results and devote time assessing Sales promotion and its risk.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Presales strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Discourse Sex in advertising outcomes and get out your magnifying glass.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Presales?
– Do Presales rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Social marketing Critical Criteria:
Examine Social marketing management and probe the present value of growth of Social marketing.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Presales?
– How do we keep improving Presales?
Underwriting spot Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Underwriting spot tactics and separate what are the business goals Underwriting spot is aiming to achieve.
Visual merchandising Critical Criteria:
Test Visual merchandising adoptions and customize techniques for implementing Visual merchandising controls.
– Is Supporting Presales documentation required?
Web banner Critical Criteria:
Focus on Web banner decisions and adjust implementation of Web banner.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Presales?
– Who needs to know about Presales ?
Willingness to pay Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Willingness to pay quality and find out what it really means.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Presales study?
– What willingness to pay may be expected in the marketplace?
Word-of-mouth marketing Critical Criteria:
Add value to Word-of-mouth marketing quality and oversee Word-of-mouth marketing requirements.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Presales, including any consulting or professional services?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Presales Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Presales External links:
Memberships & Presales | Dragoncon
Ticketmaster.com – FAQ | How do presales work?
Account-based marketing External links:
Industry-Leading Account-Based Marketing Software – …
Account-Based Marketing – Demandbase | Expert …
Account-Based Marketing Explained In Terms You’ll …
Behavioral targeting External links:
What is Behavioral Targeting? – Define Behavioral Targeting
What Is Behavioral Targeting? – CBS News
Brand licensing External links:
Brand Licensing | Meredith
Brand Licensing | Whirlpool Corporation
Bradford License India – Brand Licensing Solutions …
Brand management External links:
IDEATION | Creative Brand Management
Reeder Brand Management
RepEquity® | Digital Brand Management, Search …
Corporate anniversary External links:
Personalized Corporate Anniversary Gifts
Corporate Anniversary Gifts – The History Factory
Corporate identity External links:
Corporate Identity Japan – AbeBooks
Corporate Identity Management
corporate printing services, corporate identity standards
Corporate propaganda External links:
H.R. 4432 (ih) – Corporate Propaganda Sunshine Act
ERIC – Project Learning Tree (Corporate Propaganda …
Digital marketing External links:
Digital Marketing Agency – Marketing Agency | LEAP
Charlotte – Digital Marketing Conference | October 3-4, 2018
What is Digital Marketing? | mobileStorm
Direct marketing External links:
Direct Marketing Definition | Investopedia
Fulfillment Services – Promotional Products – Direct Marketing
Boomerang Direct Marketing – Home
Display advertising External links:
CPM Banner / Display Advertising
Drip marketing External links:
Drip Email Campaign | Drip Marketing Campaign
TeleDrip – Drip Marketing Campaigns
Insurance Drip Marketing Solutions – Agency Tsunami
Loyalty marketing External links:
COLLOQUY | Loyalty Marketing & CX
Loyalty Marketing | Tecmark
Clutch Loyalty Marketing | Solutions & Strategy
Market segmentation External links:
Market segmentation (Book, 1972) [WorldCat.org]
Examples of Market Segmentation | Chron.com
Title | Market Segmentation | Market (Economics)
Marketing activation External links:
Marketing Activation Manager | IllinoisJobLink.com
Marketing Activation Manager | IllinoisJobLink.com
Marketing effectiveness External links:
Marketing Effectiveness and Message Testing | Civis …
Marketing Effectiveness Consultants | IllinoisJobLink.com
Marketing Analytics Consulting | Marketing Effectiveness
Marketing ethics External links:
Define: Marketing Ethics | iContact
Chapter 3 Marketing Ethics Flashcards | Quizlet
Marketing management External links:
Marketing Management Solutions & Strategy
CrossCap – Marketing Management Software
Marketing operations External links:
Marketing Operations Cross Company Alliance (MOCCA)
Simple – Marketing Operations Platform – Get to Market Faster
Vienna Channels: Custom Marketing Operations
Marketing research External links:
AOC Marketing Research
Peters Marketing Research, Inc.
CMI Marketing Research
Marketing strategy External links:
Watchman Advisors – Online Marketing Strategy and …
Orchestrate Your Demand Marketing Strategy | Integrate
Mobile advertising External links:
Targeted Mobile Advertising | Campaign Management
Cable TV Advertising, Online and Mobile Advertising | Viamedia
Media Buying & Mobile Advertising New York & Miami
Mobile marketing External links:
Web-based SMS Mobile Marketing and Text Messaging …
Mobile Marketing Automation, Engagement, CRM | Swrve
3C | Mobile Marketing Solutions & Services
Music on hold External links:
Music On Hold – FusionPBX
Music On Hold – FREE download Music On Hold
Music On Hold MP3s – Prerecorded – Flashpoint Studios
Native advertising External links:
Native Advertising Platform | StackAdapt
Native Advertising – The Official Definition – Sharethrough
Native Advertising Institute – Native Advertising Institute
New media External links:
New Media / Artifact Title – TV Tropes
WHAT IS NEW MEDIA?
New Media (2011) – IMDb
Online advertising External links:
Denver Online Advertising Agency | Booyah
US Big Ads – Free Online Advertising, US Free Classified Ads
Personal selling External links:
Personal Selling TUT – Home | Facebook
Personal Selling: Consumer Information – Rutgers …
Personal selling (chp 9) Flashcards | Quizlet
Point of sale External links:
Paladin Point of Sale Homepage – Paladin Point of Sale
Point of Sale Software & Solutions | NCR Counterpoint
Toast: Restaurant Point of Sale & Restaurant Management …
Product demonstration External links:
iSolved Product Demonstration
Request A Demo | Product Demonstration – Meditab
Contact Us for a Free Product Demonstration | Dataforma
Product marketing External links:
Product Marketing | United States | Lightning Launch
Product Marketing tips and strategies from Launch Grow Joy
Aventi Group | Product Marketing Agency
Product placement External links:
Product Placement Blog
Product placement in Films – YouTube
Product Placement Expertise – Entertainment Marketing Group
Promotional merchandise External links:
Promotional Merchandise | Socks | Headbands | Wristbands
Brand Impression – Promotional Merchandise for Brand …
Proof of concept External links:
Proof of Concept Agreement | Pentaho
Proof of Concept — Dubstep/Grimestep — Royalty Free Music
Sales promotion External links:
9 Sales Promotion Examples | ThriveHive
Sales Promotion | Marketing Teacher
Sales Promotion Association of Baltimore
Sex in advertising External links:
Does sex in advertising actually work? – Brooks Bell
Subliminal Messages, Mind Control, Sex in Advertising, …
Social marketing External links:
2018 USF Social Marketing Conference | Clearwater, FL
SMANA – Social Marketing Association of North America
Diversity & Inclusion | Public Policy | Social Marketing
Underwriting spot External links:
Underwriting spot – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge …
Underwriting spot – WOW.com
Underwriting spot – Revolvy
Visual merchandising External links:
Visual merchandising titles Jobs – Yakaz
Web banner External links:
Web Banner Color Themes | Visual Identity System
LSBA Web Banner Website Link – Gilsbar > Home
iKomee – Banner Maker | Free Online Web Banner Design
Willingness to pay External links:
[PDF]Willingness to Pay for Electricity from Renewable …
Word-of-mouth marketing External links:
5 Ways to Maximize Word-of-Mouth Marketing