What is involved in Service assurance
Find out what the related areas are that Service assurance connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Service assurance thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Service assurance journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Service assurance leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Service assurance related domains to cover and 112 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Service assurance, Agilent, Anritsu, Astellia, CA Technologies, Communications Service Provider, Customer experience, Epitiro, Ericsson, Hewlett-Packard, IBM Tivoli/Netcool, Internet Protocol, JumpSoft, MYCOM OSI, Nokia Solutions and Networks, Quality of service, Radcom Ltd, Service fulfillment, Service level agreement, Service quality, Spirent, Tektronix, Telcordia, Telecommunications:
Service assurance Critical Criteria:
Generalize Service assurance tactics and describe which business rules are needed as Service assurance interface.
– Achieving service management excellence is an on-going process. Just as an organization can never have enough sales, so they can never stop paying attention to service assurance. With service management and assurance having such a critical role for CSPs, how can they both achieve optimal service assurance delivery and implement supporting processes to ensure that best practice continues to be observed?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Service assurance objectives?
– When a Service assurance manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Agilent Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Agilent tasks and look for lots of ideas.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Service assurance process?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Service assurance moving forward?
– Why should we adopt a Service assurance framework?
Anritsu Critical Criteria:
Analyze Anritsu projects and assess and formulate effective operational and Anritsu strategies.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Service assurance processes?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Service assurance services/products?
– Are we Assessing Service assurance and Risk?
Astellia Critical Criteria:
Generalize Astellia outcomes and find the essential reading for Astellia researchers.
– Does Service assurance include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Service assurance models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do we know that any Service assurance analysis is complete and comprehensive?
CA Technologies Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about CA Technologies tasks and slay a dragon.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Service assurance goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Have you identified your Service assurance key performance indicators?
– Will Service assurance deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Communications Service Provider Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Communications Service Provider planning and figure out ways to motivate other Communications Service Provider users.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– What are the key elements of your Service assurance performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Service assurance experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Can we do Service assurance without complex (expensive) analysis?
Customer experience Critical Criteria:
Infer Customer experience visions and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Customer experience projects.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Service assurance does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Service assurance ?
– When a person has a bad Customer Service experience how many people do they tell?
– How does mystery shopping help us improve our Customer Service and experience?
– How important is real time for providing social media Customer Service?
– What is the difference between customer experience and user experience?
– what is Different Between B2C B2B Customer Experience Management?
– What are the best community tools for Customer Service?
– So how do we add value to the customer experience?
– What is the internal customer experience?
– How can Customer Service be improved?
Epitiro Critical Criteria:
Infer Epitiro results and point out Epitiro tensions in leadership.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Service assurance? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Is there any existing Service assurance governance structure?
Ericsson Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Ericsson management and create a map for yourself.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Service assurance strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Service assurance?
– What threat is Service assurance addressing?
Hewlett-Packard Critical Criteria:
Adapt Hewlett-Packard results and get the big picture.
– In the case of a Service assurance project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Service assurance project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Service assurance project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Service assurance processes of our organization?
– What about Service assurance Analysis of results?
IBM Tivoli/Netcool Critical Criteria:
Learn from IBM Tivoli/Netcool management and assess and formulate effective operational and IBM Tivoli/Netcool strategies.
– Think about the people you identified for your Service assurance project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does our organization need more Service assurance education?
Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Investigate Internet Protocol quality and oversee implementation of Internet Protocol.
– Is Internet Protocol security (IPSec) support available?
– How can the value of Service assurance be defined?
JumpSoft Critical Criteria:
Study JumpSoft risks and give examples utilizing a core of simple JumpSoft skills.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Service assurance?
– Is Service assurance dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
MYCOM OSI Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about MYCOM OSI issues and balance specific methods for improving MYCOM OSI results.
– For your Service assurance project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Does Service assurance create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Nokia Solutions and Networks Critical Criteria:
Talk about Nokia Solutions and Networks quality and probe the present value of growth of Nokia Solutions and Networks.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Service assurance information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Service assurance objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Quality of service Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Quality of service risks and catalog what business benefits will Quality of service goals deliver if achieved.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Service assurance strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– How do we keep improving Service assurance?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– Quality of Service Met?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– Is our Quality of Service Met?
Radcom Ltd Critical Criteria:
Shape Radcom Ltd leadership and perfect Radcom Ltd conflict management.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Service assurance into the services that we provide?
– What is the source of the strategies for Service assurance strengthening and reform?
Service fulfillment Critical Criteria:
Derive from Service fulfillment tactics and get going.
– How do we measure improved Service assurance service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the short and long-term Service assurance goals?
– How will you measure your Service assurance effectiveness?
Service level agreement Critical Criteria:
Chat re Service level agreement projects and oversee Service level agreement requirements.
– Are the vendor contracts deliverables-based, with specific Service Level Agreements (slas) including penalties and liquidated damages?
– What are the most preferred dedicated or cloud hosting providers giving managed services in their core plans?
– How will the SLA be terminated if either party wants to terminate either for cause or for convenience?
– Who are the key service provider and customer contacts (name, phone number, email address)?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– How will the agreement be terminated at the end of the initial term of the SLA?
– Does the provider offer any form of Service Level Agreement (SLA) guarantees?
– Do contracts contain adequate and measurable Service Level Agreements?
– What are direct advantages of entering into Service Level Agreements?
– Are there encryption requirements, especially of off-line copies?
– What are the physical location requirements for each copy?
– How will unplanned incidents be prevented or reduced?
– What does off-site mean in your organization?
– How will incidents be documented or logged?
– What PMO services are included in this SLA?
– What services are NOT included in this SLA?
– What is the problem escalation process?
– What will it take to make it work?
– What is Data Protection?
– Who prepares the SLA?
Service quality Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Service quality results and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Service quality.
– The objective of Change Management is to ensure that standard methods and procedures are used, such that changes can be dealt with quickly, with the lowest possible impact on service quality. all changes should be traceable, in other words, one can answer the question, what changed? Do we do this?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Service assurance. How do we gain traction?
– What does the enterprise service quality index (esqi) mean for customers?
– Customer Service: How can social CRM improve service quality?
– What steps should we take to improve our service quality?
– Are there Service assurance Models?
Spirent Critical Criteria:
Discuss Spirent failures and secure Spirent creativity.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Service assurance strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What business benefits will Service assurance goals deliver if achieved?
Tektronix Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Tektronix strategies and do something to it.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Service assurance process?
Telcordia Critical Criteria:
Probe Telcordia adoptions and separate what are the business goals Telcordia is aiming to achieve.
– How to Secure Service assurance?
Telecommunications Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Telecommunications outcomes and find out.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Service assurance product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– How does each element of our Telecommunications (TC) and Data Communications affect the basic structure of Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (C.I.A.)?
– Are interdependent service providers (for example, fuel suppliers, telecommunications providers, meter data processors) included in risk assessments?
– What is the proper regulatory classification for voip services (telecommunications or value-added)?
– Voip – telecommunications or value added service?
– Is a Service assurance Team Work effort in place?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Service assurance Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Service assurance External links:
Wholesale Service Assurance Portal
Job Information: Service Assurance Agent Job – …
serviceassurance.net @ Service Assurance
Agilent External links:
Agilent Little Falls – Wilmington, DE
Welcome to Agilent! :: Login Form
Agilent User Manual PDF Download – outletsmall.org
Anritsu External links:
Anritsu Remote Support Software
Anritsu Partners Page – TRX Systems
Anritsu Corp: TYO:6754 quotes & news – Google Finance
Astellia External links:
Astellia Game Review – MMOs.com
Astellia SA: EPA:ALAST quotes & news – Google Finance
CA Technologies External links:
CA Technologies Jobs
CA Technologies – MapQuest
CA Technologies Documentation
Communications Service Provider External links:
Communications Service Provider – Opus Networks
Customer experience External links:
Customer Experience Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
The Truth About Customer Experience – Ideas and Advice …
Customer Experience Is… What, Exactly?
Ericsson External links:
Jobs at Ericsson
Ericsson at IBC 2017 – Official Site
Ericsson E-business login
Internet Protocol External links:
VoIP Calling | How Voice Over Internet Protocol Works
IPv6: Internet Protocol Version 6 – AT&T Support
Bogen VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol)
MYCOM OSI External links:
MYCOM OSI (@mycomosi) | Twitter
Mycom OSI, Inc. Benefits Center – online.cbcins.com
Experience Assurance and Analytics | MYCOM OSI
Nokia Solutions and Networks External links:
Nokia Solutions and Networks B.V.: quotes & news – …
Nokia Solutions and Networks – Home | Facebook
Quality of service External links:
Nashville Event Security – Unparalleled Quality of Service
Radcom Ltd External links:
RDCM Latest News & Analysis – Radcom Ltd. | Seeking Alpha
Radcom Ltd. – RDCM – Stock Price Today – Zacks
RADCOM Ltd.: NASDAQ:RDCM quotes & news – Google Finance
Service level agreement External links:
[PDF]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Clinical Programs …
[PDF]TEMPLATE Service Level Agreement (1)
[DOC]Service Level Agreement (SLA) Template
Service quality External links:
Service Quality and Tourism – AbeBooks
Service quality (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
Spirent External links:
Spirent Communications Careers | CareerBliss
Contact us – Spirent
Spirent Communications Plc (ADR): OTCMKTS:SPMYY …
Tektronix External links:
Careers at Tektronix | Tektronix
Sodexo at Tektronix and Nike – Beaverton, OR
Tektronix Company Profile | Owler
Telcordia External links:
Telcordia.com Traffic, Demographics and Competitors – Alexa
Telcordia is now part of Ericsson – Ericsson
Telcordia GR-468-CORE | Lumentum Operations LLC
Telecommunications External links:
ETCZone.com – Enhanced Telecommunications …
Telecommunications Industry Association – Official Site