What is involved in Process architecture
Find out what the related areas are that Process architecture connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Process architecture thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Process architecture journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Process architecture leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Process architecture related domains to cover and 176 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Process architecture, Abstraction, Calculus of communicating systems, Complex system, Complexity, Dualistic Petri nets, Enterprise architecture, Enterprise information security architecture, Flowchart, Hierarchy, Information architecture, Infrastructure, Method engineering, Petri net, Petri nets, Process calculus, Process engineering, Process management, Process modeling, Process theory, Real-time computing, Superstructure, System, System of systems, Systems architecture, Systems theory, Workflow, Π-calculus:
Process architecture Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Process architecture engagements and check on ways to get started with Process architecture.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Process architecture processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Process architecture agendas for the next 3 years?
– Do we monitor the Process architecture decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Abstraction Critical Criteria:
Talk about Abstraction strategies and define what our big hairy audacious Abstraction goal is.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Process architecture delivery for example is new software needed?
– What vendors make products that address the Process architecture needs?
– How do we Lead with Process architecture in Mind?
Calculus of communicating systems Critical Criteria:
Review Calculus of communicating systems tasks and track iterative Calculus of communicating systems results.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Process architecture. How do we gain traction?
– What are the short and long-term Process architecture goals?
Complex system Critical Criteria:
Audit Complex system planning and arbitrate Complex system techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How much testing is necessary in order to expose all the potential failure modes and situations of highly integrated complex systems?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Process architecture that make it risky?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Process architecture opportunities costing us money?
– Who will provide the final approval of Process architecture deliverables?
– Complex interventions or complex systems?
Complexity Critical Criteria:
Trace Complexity tactics and finalize the present value of growth of Complexity.
– When observing natural systems, complexity theorists can identify, to some degree, which systems have these features. to apply complexity theory to engineered systems that we have not yet designed, can we predict these features within acceptable accuracy ranges?
– If we can describe engineered systems in a way analogous to natural systems (global complexity emerging from local simplicity, for example), can we identify the parameters which obey the kind of power-law relationship we find in natural systems?
– Besides the obvious differences of scale and complexity, does the development of a small Web site call for a qualitatively different approach to information architecture?
– The complexity of our design task is significantly affected by the nature of the objectives for the systems to be designed. is the task intricate, or difficult?
– How can a structural positioning diagram, using complexity and divergence, help frame the issues in our sales and service redesign project?
– Is it possible to estimate the impact of unanticipated complexity such as wrong or failed assumptions, feedback, etc. on proposed reforms?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Process architecture?
– It is often said that CRMs complexity is due to its quantity of functions. How do we handle this?
– How to manage the complexity to permit us to answer questions, such as: when have we done enough?
– How do we manage Process architecture Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Are assumptions made in Process architecture stated explicitly?
– What type and complexity of system administration roles?
– What is the complexity of the output produced?
– What Can We Learn From a Theory of Complexity?
– What can a complexity lens add?
Dualistic Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Look at Dualistic Petri nets risks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Dualistic Petri nets.
– How will you know that the Process architecture project has been successful?
– Is Supporting Process architecture documentation required?
– Does Process architecture appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Enterprise architecture Critical Criteria:
Mix Enterprise architecture tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Enterprise architecture skills.
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Process architecture values?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Process architecture objectives?
– Enterprise architecture planning. how does it align with to the to be architecture?
– How does the standard fit into the Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA)?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– Are software assets aligned with the agency enterprise architecture?
– Are the levels and focus right for TOGAF enterprise architecture?
– Are software assets aligned with the organizations enterprise architecture?
– Is There a Role for Patterns in Enterprise Architecture?
– What is the value of mature Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Should we Consider Enterprise Architecture?
– What is an Enterprise Architecture?
– What Is Enterprise Architecture?
– Why Enterprise Architecture?
Enterprise information security architecture Critical Criteria:
Guard Enterprise information security architecture quality and display thorough understanding of the Enterprise information security architecture process.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Process architecture models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What is Effective Process architecture?
– Is Process architecture Required?
Flowchart Critical Criteria:
Jump start Flowchart outcomes and display thorough understanding of the Flowchart process.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Process architecture strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Process architecture ?
Hierarchy Critical Criteria:
Categorize Hierarchy tactics and innovate what needs to be done with Hierarchy.
– In the case of a Process architecture project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Process architecture project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Process architecture project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– Once youve designed the integrated navigation system, you can consider the addition of one or more remote navigation elements. In most cases, you will need to choose between a table of contents, an index, and a site map. Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
– Grouping content into the top-level categories of an information hierarchy is typically the most important and challenging process you will face. How should the content be organized?
– Should you use a hierarchy or would a more structured database-model work best?
– Can we do Process architecture without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How do we Improve Process architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– Where should items be located in the hierarchy or network?
– When should a new level in the hierarchy be added?
– Is the hierarchy strong and clear?
Information architecture Critical Criteria:
Participate in Information architecture engagements and differentiate in coordinating Information architecture.
– Before diving into design, think hard about why users are searching your site, and what they want to get out of their search. Are they likely to search for certain types of information, such as specific product descriptions or staff directory entries?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Are business goals and objectives a direct translation of the companys vision statement?
– Has a plan for taxonomy design, creation, usage and maintenance been established?
– When conducting a website review what are some of the key areas that you look at?
– What is the cost of the users time spent to find the information they need?
– Are there frustrations that are commonly expressed by your users?
– Should the solution facilitate discovery of related information?
– What are the short-term goals with respect to the web site?
– How does the web site support the organizational mission?
– What are the key ways users will want to navigate?
– How should items (nodes) be related (linked)?
– How is hierarchical drill-down revealed?
– What could the W3C add in this arena?
– How should the content be organized?
– Is it obvious where links lead you?
– Who comes to your website and why?
– Do you need a taxonomy strategy?
– How will the user read the page?
– What can you afford?
Infrastructure Critical Criteria:
Detail Infrastructure tasks and work towards be a leading Infrastructure expert.
– Can your application be packaged into a virtual machine (VM) instance and run on cloud infrastructure or does it need specialized hardware and/or special access to hardware that the AWS cloud cannot provide?
– For any workstation or server entered, have you received a completed hopkins hosted application checklist (see appendix) or equivalent certification or documentation?
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– And once again, the same issues are being raised: how does the agency reduce support costs for operational applications that are accessed from personal devices?
– Do server configuration and management follow a build and/or configuration checklist approved by the hopkins icsc (e.g. windows server security standards)?
– For cloud storage, are all data encrypted in storage and does the cloud vendor have an agreement with hopkins to preserve security and confidentiality?
– Which component(s) of a cloud infrastructure framework helps automating the creation and delivery of computing resources to the consumers?
– Which type of expense is most likely to increase as an organization increases the consumption of cloud resources from a service provider?
– What are the service models offered by the provider (e.g., infrastructure-as-a-service, dataas-a-service, platform-as-a-service)?
– Can we achieve even more efficient utilization of software and hardware within mission systems and IT infrastructure investments?
– Can our IT Security product adapt to growth and change of the organizations systems infrastructure?
– What percentage of classrooms in the school has access to the schools wireless network?
– How do I implement critical solutions to get a more agile environment infrastructure?
– In the new era of business technology, what challenges are keeping you up at night?
– What types of infrastructure are necessary to support post-disaster re-development?
– What continuity plans are in place for recovering data, infrastructure and applications?
– Which networking component does the label x represent in the graphic?
– What should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Which type of port does label a in the graphic represent?
– What best describes the vm snapshot?
Method engineering Critical Criteria:
Consider Method engineering management and develop and take control of the Method engineering initiative.
– Think about the people you identified for your Process architecture project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Is maximizing Process architecture protection the same as minimizing Process architecture loss?
– How can we improve Process architecture?
Petri net Critical Criteria:
Guide Petri net decisions and secure Petri net creativity.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Process architecture workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– Will Process architecture have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Process architecture leader?
Petri nets Critical Criteria:
Use past Petri nets risks and know what your objective is.
– Is Process architecture Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are internal and external Process architecture relations?
Process calculus Critical Criteria:
Examine Process calculus decisions and devote time assessing Process calculus and its risk.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Process architecture, including any consulting or professional services?
– Think about the functions involved in your Process architecture project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How can skill-level changes improve Process architecture?
Process engineering Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Process engineering failures and triple focus on important concepts of Process engineering relationship management.
– How do we maintain Process architectures Integrity?
Process management Critical Criteria:
Adapt Process management results and be persistent.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
Process modeling Critical Criteria:
Administer Process modeling tasks and correct Process modeling management by competencies.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Process architecture project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How will you measure your Process architecture effectiveness?
– What are current Process architecture Paradigms?
Process theory Critical Criteria:
Reason over Process theory visions and catalog what business benefits will Process theory goals deliver if achieved.
– Are there process theory explanations for differentiating better from less successful ways to implement agile techniques?
– Think of your Process architecture project. what are the main functions?
– How can you measure Process architecture in a systematic way?
Real-time computing Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Real-time computing visions and get out your magnifying glass.
– Among the Process architecture product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Is the Process architecture organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Process architecture activities?
Superstructure Critical Criteria:
Adapt Superstructure outcomes and develop and take control of the Superstructure initiative.
– What are our needs in relation to Process architecture skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is Process architecture dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
System Critical Criteria:
Infer System projects and separate what are the business goals System is aiming to achieve.
– Is the record keeping and reporting system contributing to the effective running of the program or is it creating an unnecessary workload for the workers?
– What privacy training is provided to users either generally or specifically relevant to the functionality of the program or system?
– Is there an up-to-date information security awareness and training program in place for all system users?
– What is a good on line teaching platform that makes it easy for team teaching between different institutions?
– If we accept wire transfers what is the desired business process around supporting wire transfers?
– Can the system actually be made to operate in the organization, or will people resist it?
– What threats are applicable in the environment in which the system will be operational?
– Could a system or security malfunction or unavailability result in injury or death?
– Is a intrusion detection or intrusion prevention system used on the network?
– Is there a requirement for the student to record course notes online?
– How can an lms enhance the learning environment?
– Considering the values of all state variables ?
– What is the production time of the output?
– What are the interfaces for a given part?
– How do we use life cycle assessment?
– What is behavioral Systems Analysis?
– What makes a learning organization?
– Should be soft IP or hard IP?
– How many people will use it?
– Is the system acceptable?
System of systems Critical Criteria:
Deliberate System of systems risks and transcribe System of systems as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Is there any existing Process architecture governance structure?
– What is the best definition of System of Systems?
– What is our Process architecture Strategy?
Systems architecture Critical Criteria:
Align Systems architecture risks and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Systems architecture projects.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Process architecture products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– When a Process architecture manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Who needs to know about Process architecture ?
Systems theory Critical Criteria:
Confer over Systems theory visions and get answers.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Process architecture information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Is There a Role for Complex Adaptive Systems Theory?
– What are specific Process architecture Rules to follow?
Workflow Critical Criteria:
Define Workflow issues and point out improvements in Workflow.
– Security and authentication technologies, allied to event logging, in the cloud computing environment can help auditors as they deal with issues related to workflow were those who entered, approved, changed or otherwise touched data authorized to do so, on an individual, group or role-related basis?
– Constantly communicate the new direction to staff. HR must rapidly readjust organizational charts, job descriptions, workflow processes, salary levels, performance measurement, etc. Why?
– Have you captured the workflow (which conceptualizes the data inputs, transformations, and analytical steps to achieve the final data output)?
– Process support: how can a project better institutionalize workflow support without adding a bureaucratic burden to the developers?
– How to manage workflows and projects, that are inherently distributed outside the organizational structure?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Process architecture activities?
– How do we Identify specific Process architecture investment and emerging trends?
– To create parallel systems or custom workflows?
– What happens to workflows?
Π-calculus Critical Criteria:
Check Π-calculus quality and arbitrate Π-calculus techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do we measure improved Process architecture service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are there Process architecture Models?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Process architecture Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Process architecture External links:
Dynamics 365 Process architecture – msdn.microsoft.com
Abstraction External links:
Abstraction (2013) – IMDb
Abstraction | Definition of Abstraction by Merriam-Webster
Calculus of communicating systems External links:
A Calculus of Communicating Systems | R. Milner | Apress
[PDF]Introduction to Calculus of Communicating Systems …
The Calculus of Communicating Systems
Complex system External links:
[PDF]What is a Complex System?
Complexity External links:
Complexity Rooms – Connecticut
Complexity | Definition of Complexity by Merriam-Webster
Dualistic Petri nets External links:
Dualistic Petri nets – 21pw.com
Enterprise architecture External links:
Enterprise Architecture Center of Excellence
Zachman International – Enterprise Architecture
Enterprise Architecture Standards | CDT
Enterprise information security architecture External links:
Enterprise information security architecture
http://Enterprise information security architecture (EISA) is a part of enterprise architecture focusing on information security throughout the enterprise. The name implies a difference that may not exist between small/medium-sized businesses and larger organizations.
Flowchart External links:
draw.io – Flowchart Maker & Online Diagram Software
Flowchart Maker & Diagramming Software, Microsoft Visio
Hierarchy External links:
Business Title Hierarchy – Hierarchy Structure
Marketing Career Hierarchy | Marketing Titles Hierarchy
Organizational Hierarchy Structure | Chron.com
Information architecture External links:
[PPT]Information Architecture – Texas Tech University
Information Architecture – AbeBooks
The Age of Information Architecture | UX Booth
Infrastructure External links:
DS Logon – VA Authentication Federation Infrastructure …
Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners
Method engineering External links:
3.4 Summary of method engineering approaches
Petri net External links:
[PDF]Mapping UML Diagrams to a Petri Net Notation for …
Colored Petri Net – How is Colored Petri Net abbreviated?
Safe Petri Net – How is Safe Petri Net abbreviated?
Petri nets External links:
Infinite Petri Nets : vTools Events
Petri Nets 2018 – Interes.Institute
[PDF]Petri Nets for Dynamic Event-Driven System Modeling
http://bluehawk.monmouth.edu/~jwang/Petri Nets — Introduction.pdf
Process calculus External links:
A logical process calculus (Microform, 2001) [WorldCat.org]
Title: A process calculus with finitary comprehended terms
[1212.2257] A Process Calculus with Logical Operators
Process engineering External links:
Process Engineering Research & Development Center
Process management External links:
HEFLO BPM | Business Process Management
Process Management System | InTechOpen – Open …
Infosys BPM – Business Process Management | BPM …
Process modeling External links:
Process modeling (eBook, 1986) [WorldCat.org]
Navvia Process Modeling Software | Process Modelling …
Process Modeling – Support – Sigma
Process theory External links:
A process theory of organization (eBook, 2014) …
Real-time computing External links:
Real-Time Computing – CHM Revolution – Computer …
Real-time computing | Article about Real-time computing …
Superstructure External links:
LRFD Steel Grider SuperStructure Bridge Designers’ …
Superstructure and Bridge Replacements: Orange County
System External links:
Buildings Information System
System of systems External links:
[PDF]System of Systems Engineering Collaborators …
[PDF]System of Systems Engineering & Integration …
Systems architecture External links:
The US Navy — Fact File: Open Systems Architecture (OSA)
[PDF]Modular Open Systems Architecture in DoD …
IBM System/390 ES/9000 Enterprise Systems Architecture …
Systems theory External links:
[PDF]Chapter 5 Applied Systems Theory – Cengage
Systems theory models of decision-making. General systems theory emphasizes the way in which organized systems (human and non …
http://Systems Theory / Therapy – GoodTherapy.org
[PDF]Ecological Systems Theory in Social Work
Workflow External links:
Wide Area Workflow eBusiness Suite – WAWF
Starting your Workflow | Nintex Community
Workflow Portal Login – American Title Inc