What is involved in Sustainability
Find out what the related areas are that Sustainability connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Sustainability thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Sustainability Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Sustainability Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Sustainability related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Sustainability, American Public Health Association, Economic growth, Brundtland Commission, Environmental studies, Conservation biology, Environmental tariff, Energy conversion efficiency, International law, Environmental soil science, Hazardous substances, Capital accumulation, Developed country, Fusion power, Generation IV reactor, Local food, Ecological deficit, Environmental technology, New Monasticism, Gender equality, Corporate capitalism, Educational equity, Intentional living, Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit, Acid rain, Millennium Development Goals, Environmental health, Green accounting, Green building, Copenhagen Climate Council, Nadya Zhexembayeva, Low-carbon economy, Climate change, Environmental engineering, Environmental law, Energy conservation, Encyclopedia of Earth, Fair Wear Foundation, Arne Næss, Environmental security, Eco commerce, Applied sustainability, Earth System Research Laboratory, Monthly Review Press, Carbon neutral, Greenhouse effect, Outline of sustainability, Environmental damage, Open source appropriate technology:
Sustainability Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Sustainability strategies and budget for Sustainability challenges.
– Has an assessment been conducted to ensure the long-term sustainability of the proposed or established data governance policies and procedures, including adequate staffing, tools, technologies, and resources?
– What is the different in meaning if any between the terms Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility?
– Will sustainability be a key differentiator for companies as global competition intensifies?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Sustainability study?
– What are all of our Sustainability domains and what do they do?
– What is our formula for success in Sustainability ?
– Long term sustainability?
American Public Health Association Critical Criteria:
Accommodate American Public Health Association quality and find the essential reading for American Public Health Association researchers.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Sustainability strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Sustainability ?
– Do we have past Sustainability Successes?
Economic growth Critical Criteria:
Judge Economic growth engagements and catalog Economic growth activities.
– Is maximizing Sustainability protection the same as minimizing Sustainability loss?
Brundtland Commission Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Brundtland Commission outcomes and triple focus on important concepts of Brundtland Commission relationship management.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Sustainability models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Sustainability processes of our organization?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Sustainability been identified and analyzed?
Environmental studies Critical Criteria:
Administer Environmental studies decisions and report on setting up Environmental studies without losing ground.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Sustainability project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– what is the best design framework for Sustainability organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Why are Sustainability skills important?
Conservation biology Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Conservation biology issues and find out.
– Is Sustainability dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What are the barriers to increased Sustainability production?
Environmental tariff Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Environmental tariff issues and question.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Sustainability requirements in detail?
– What will drive Sustainability change?
Energy conversion efficiency Critical Criteria:
Investigate Energy conversion efficiency visions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Energy conversion efficiency results.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Sustainability move?
– Is there any existing Sustainability governance structure?
– Who needs to know about Sustainability ?
International law Critical Criteria:
Study International law goals and get the big picture.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Sustainability project?
– Do Sustainability rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What business benefits will Sustainability goals deliver if achieved?
Environmental soil science Critical Criteria:
Gauge Environmental soil science tasks and document what potential Environmental soil science megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Does Sustainability systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What threat is Sustainability addressing?
Hazardous substances Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Hazardous substances quality and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Sustainability product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are our needs in relation to Sustainability skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Is Sustainability Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Capital accumulation Critical Criteria:
Graph Capital accumulation goals and transcribe Capital accumulation as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Sustainability into the services that we provide?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Sustainability objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What is our Sustainability Strategy?
Developed country Critical Criteria:
Grasp Developed country issues and interpret which customers can’t participate in Developed country because they lack skills.
– Is there a Sustainability Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Why should we adopt a Sustainability framework?
– Is the scope of Sustainability defined?
Fusion power Critical Criteria:
Derive from Fusion power strategies and assess what counts with Fusion power that we are not counting.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Sustainability. How do we gain traction?
– What are specific Sustainability Rules to follow?
– Who sets the Sustainability standards?
Generation IV reactor Critical Criteria:
Participate in Generation IV reactor management and describe the risks of Generation IV reactor sustainability.
– Do the Sustainability decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Are there recognized Sustainability problems?
Local food Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Local food goals and develop and take control of the Local food initiative.
– How important is Sustainability to the user organizations mission?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Sustainability?
Ecological deficit Critical Criteria:
Talk about Ecological deficit leadership and mentor Ecological deficit customer orientation.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Sustainability services/products?
– Does the Sustainability task fit the clients priorities?
Environmental technology Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Environmental technology engagements and check on ways to get started with Environmental technology.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Sustainability project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Sustainability project lifecycle?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Sustainability processes?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Sustainability activities?
New Monasticism Critical Criteria:
Discourse New Monasticism tactics and describe which business rules are needed as New Monasticism interface.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Sustainability? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are the usability implications of Sustainability actions?
– What is Effective Sustainability?
Gender equality Critical Criteria:
Apply Gender equality issues and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Gender equality projects.
– Which Sustainability goals are the most important?
Corporate capitalism Critical Criteria:
Explore Corporate capitalism projects and remodel and develop an effective Corporate capitalism strategy.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Sustainability?
Educational equity Critical Criteria:
Survey Educational equity tasks and slay a dragon.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Sustainability leaders?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Sustainability activities?
Intentional living Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Intentional living planning and finalize the present value of growth of Intentional living.
– What are the key elements of your Sustainability performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit Critical Criteria:
Add value to Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit adoptions and check on ways to get started with Center for Business as an Agent of World Benefit.
– How to Secure Sustainability?
Acid rain Critical Criteria:
Pilot Acid rain strategies and interpret which customers can’t participate in Acid rain because they lack skills.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Sustainability is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do we monitor the Sustainability decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Millennium Development Goals Critical Criteria:
Debate over Millennium Development Goals goals and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Millennium Development Goals information.
– Think about the people you identified for your Sustainability project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do we go about Comparing Sustainability approaches/solutions?
Environmental health Critical Criteria:
Cut a stake in Environmental health engagements and perfect Environmental health conflict management.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Sustainability that make it risky?
– How do we keep improving Sustainability?
Green accounting Critical Criteria:
Check Green accounting strategies and point out improvements in Green accounting.
– What is the source of the strategies for Sustainability strengthening and reform?
– When a Sustainability manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Green building Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Green building projects and optimize Green building leadership as a key to advancement.
– What are the long-term Sustainability goals?
– How would one define Sustainability leadership?
Copenhagen Climate Council Critical Criteria:
Investigate Copenhagen Climate Council engagements and innovate what needs to be done with Copenhagen Climate Council.
Nadya Zhexembayeva Critical Criteria:
Check Nadya Zhexembayeva risks and test out new things.
– How do we know that any Sustainability analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Does Sustainability analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How do we manage Sustainability Knowledge Management (KM)?
Low-carbon economy Critical Criteria:
Devise Low-carbon economy goals and grade techniques for implementing Low-carbon economy controls.
– In what ways are Sustainability vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How will you measure your Sustainability effectiveness?
– What about Sustainability Analysis of results?
Climate change Critical Criteria:
Deduce Climate change issues and check on ways to get started with Climate change.
Environmental engineering Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Environmental engineering tactics and catalog what business benefits will Environmental engineering goals deliver if achieved.
– Will Sustainability have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How likely is the current Sustainability plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Are there Sustainability problems defined?
Environmental law Critical Criteria:
Own Environmental law governance and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Environmental law.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Sustainability leader?
Energy conservation Critical Criteria:
Use past Energy conservation projects and look at it backwards.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Sustainability? There might be some that are less obvious?
Encyclopedia of Earth Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Encyclopedia of Earth engagements and finalize the present value of growth of Encyclopedia of Earth.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Sustainability processes?
Fair Wear Foundation Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Fair Wear Foundation tactics and devote time assessing Fair Wear Foundation and its risk.
– How is the value delivered by Sustainability being measured?
– What are internal and external Sustainability relations?
Arne Næss Critical Criteria:
Group Arne Næss failures and look at the big picture.
– How do we Identify specific Sustainability investment and emerging trends?
Environmental security Critical Criteria:
Examine Environmental security decisions and report on the economics of relationships managing Environmental security and constraints.
– Why is Sustainability important for you now?
Eco commerce Critical Criteria:
Refer to Eco commerce results and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Eco commerce is getting what it needs.
– Does Sustainability include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Sustainability strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– To what extent does management recognize Sustainability as a tool to increase the results?
Applied sustainability Critical Criteria:
Drive Applied sustainability failures and create Applied sustainability explanations for all managers.
– How to deal with Sustainability Changes?
Earth System Research Laboratory Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Earth System Research Laboratory governance and get answers.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Sustainability process?
– How do we Lead with Sustainability in Mind?
Monthly Review Press Critical Criteria:
Survey Monthly Review Press tactics and explore and align the progress in Monthly Review Press.
Carbon neutral Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Carbon neutral visions and adjust implementation of Carbon neutral.
– Is the Sustainability organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Greenhouse effect Critical Criteria:
Mine Greenhouse effect visions and define what do we need to start doing with Greenhouse effect.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Sustainability objectives?
Outline of sustainability Critical Criteria:
Mix Outline of sustainability visions and get answers.
– How can you measure Sustainability in a systematic way?
Environmental damage Critical Criteria:
Derive from Environmental damage failures and transcribe Environmental damage as tomorrows backbone for success.
Open source appropriate technology Critical Criteria:
Study Open source appropriate technology leadership and spearhead techniques for implementing Open source appropriate technology.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Sustainability Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Sustainability External links:
SCS Global Services | Setting the Standard for Sustainability
Sustainability – PepsiCo.com
FSG | Product – Services – Sustainability
American Public Health Association External links:
Take Action – American Public Health Association
American Public Health Association (APHA), Public …
American Public Health Association Inc – GuideStar Profile
Economic growth External links:
Economic Growth Resources
Economic Growth – Investopedia
Brundtland Commission External links:
What is brundtland commission? – Quora
Brundtland Commission | Sustainability | Natural …
Brundtland Commission – YouTube
Environmental studies External links:
http://Environmental Studies is a multidisciplinary academic field – which systematically studies human interaction with the environment in the interests of solving complex problems. Environmental Studies brings together the principles of Sciences, Commerce/ Economics and Social Sciences so as to solve contemporary environmental problems.
Home | Yale College Environmental Studies
Alaska Environmental Studies | BOEM
Conservation biology External links:
CH38-CONSERVATION BIOLOGY Flashcards | Quizlet
Conservation Biology Institute
Department of Fisheries, Wildlife and Conservation Biology
Environmental tariff External links:
Environmental Tariff – What Does It Mean? – Dave Manuel
Environmental Tariff – Investopedia
Energy conversion efficiency External links:
Improvement of energy conversion efficiency and …
International law External links:
International law and tax experts – CMS
Environmental soil science External links:
[PDF]Environmental Soil Science Syllabus
Applied and Environmental Soil Science – An Open …
Hazardous substances External links:
CHAPTER 501. HAZARDOUS SUBSTANCES – statutes.legis.state.tx.us
Hazardous Substances Taxes – Generator Fee
Capital accumulation External links:
“Capital Accumulation and Uncertain Lifetimes with …
Employees’ Capital Accumulation Plan – Voya Financial
Employees’ Capital Accumulation Plan – Voya Financial
Developed country External links:
Is China a developed country? | ChinaPower Project
U.S. Ranks Worst Developed Country for Maternal Health
Fusion power External links:
Fusion Power Boats, Knysna, Western Cape. 3.1K likes. Manufactures of quality power boats
Fusion Power Boats – Official Site
The Long Wait for Fusion Power May Be Coming to an End
Generation IV reactor External links:
[PDF]U.S. GENERATION IV REACTOR INTEGRATED …
Local food External links:
Category: Local Food – Ozaukee Living local
Braise brings its local food mission full circle – OnMilwaukee
Local Food Events for Franklin, WI – LocalHarvest
Ecological deficit External links:
Ecological Deficit/Reserve | RecycleNation
What is ecological deficit ? | Yahoo Answers
What is Ecological Deficit | IGI Global
Environmental technology External links:
Institute of Marine and Environmental Technology | imet
DMT Environmental Technology, Biogas upgrading, …
[PDF]Environmental Technology Verification Coatings …
New Monasticism External links:
New Monasticism | Article | Seven Pillars House of Wisdom
Resources — Foundation for New Monasticism & InterSpirituality
Gender equality External links:
Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment | Egypt | …
United Nations: Gender equality and women’s empowerment
Gender Equality | HuffPost
Corporate capitalism External links:
Corporate Capitalism Flashcards | Quizlet
What Is Corporate Capitalism? – WorldAtlas.com
Noam Chomsky – Corporate Capitalism – YouTube
Educational equity External links:
Leadership Team | Leadership for Educational Equity
Leadership for Educational Equity
Educational Equity Compliance Office / UCP Complaints
Intentional living External links:
Program Highlights – Intentional Living Center
What is Intentional Living? – Family Life Radio
Acid rain External links:
Acid Rain Students Site: What causes acid rain?
Acid Rain – Causes, Effects, and Solutions
Acid Rain Students Site: What is Being Done?
Millennium Development Goals External links:
Which are UN Millennium Development goals? Check all …
Millennium Development Goals – Official Site
Environmental health External links:
Environmental Health Perspectives
Environmental Health | Georgia Department of Public Health
What Is Environmental Health? (with pictures) – wiseGEEK
Green accounting External links:
NW Green Accounting – Marijuana Industry Directory
Green Accounting Team – Official MapQuest
[PDF]“KEY” POSITIONS IN GREEN ACCOUNTING …
Green building External links:
Green Building Supply, Non Toxic Supplies, …
User account | U.S. Green Building Council
Green Building | LADBS
Copenhagen Climate Council External links:
Copenhagen Climate Council – SourceWatch
The Copenhagen Climate Council — Laura Storm
Copenhagen Climate Council – SourceWatch
Nadya Zhexembayeva External links:
Dr. Nadya Zhexembayeva is a business owner, author, and educator working at the intersection of innovation, leadership, and sustainable growth.
Nadya Zhexembayeva (@NadyaZhexembay) | Twitter
Nadya Zhexembayeva (Author of Overfished Ocean …
Low-carbon economy External links:
2050 low-carbon economy | Climate Action
Climate change External links:
Climate Change | HuffPost
Environmental engineering External links:
Environmental Engineering & Consulting • Maul Foster …
Geotechnology, Inc. Professional Environmental Engineering
Terracon Geotechnical & Environmental Engineering …
Environmental law External links:
Southern Environmental Law Center
Environmental Law | Duke University School of Law
Plews Shadley Racher & Braun – Environmental Law, …
Encyclopedia of Earth External links:
Encyclopedia of Earth | Rutgers University Libraries
Michael Allaby (Author of The Encyclopedia of Earth)
Fair Wear Foundation External links:
Fair Wear Foundation – YouTube
About Fair Wear Foundation Fair Wear Foundation
Fair Wear Foundation – Textile Standards
Arne Næss External links:
Arne Næss / Deep Ecology – Google+
Arne Næss Project – Home | Facebook
Arne Næss / Deep Ecology – YouTube
Environmental security External links:
7 Physical and Environmental Security – USPS
Summer 2018 Environmental Security Internship – …
Eco commerce External links:
Alter Eco commerce équitable : produits bio et équitables
Eco Commerce 75 Ltd. – Home | Facebook
Aya-Karin Thorgren – Costa Rica, Eco Commerce …
Applied sustainability External links:
Applied Sustainability Graduate Certificate » …
Applied Sustainability Group – Home | Facebook
Earth System Research Laboratory External links:
Earth System Research Laboratory : PSD : (none)
NOAA Earth System Research Laboratory – Home | …
Monthly Review Press External links:
Monthly Review Press | NewPages.com
Monthly Review Press – NYU Press
Monthly Review Press | Monthly Review
Carbon neutral External links:
Commitment to Carbon Neutral | Microsoft Environment
What is carbon neutral? Webopedia Definition
Greenhouse effect External links:
What is the Greenhouse Effect? | Global Warming
NASA Climate Kids :: What is the greenhouse effect?
greenhouse effect – National Geographic Society
Outline of sustainability External links:
Outline of sustainability – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Outline of sustainability
Environmental damage External links:
Environmental damage to land. Land contamination may be classed as environmental damage if there is a significant risk that it could cause harm to human health-eg contamination by benzene, polychlorinated biphenyls and other toxic chemicals-see contaminated land.
Environmental Damage – MIT
Open source appropriate technology External links:
[PDF]The case for open source appropriate technology – …