What is involved in Extreme project management
Find out what the related areas are that Extreme project management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Extreme project management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Extreme project management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Extreme project management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Extreme project management related domains to cover and 223 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Extreme project management, Agile software development, Extreme programming, Management, Method, Mindset, Project, Project management, Project manager, Project stakeholders, Project team, Rapid application development, Schedule, Software, Stakeholder, Technology, Time limit:
Extreme project management Critical Criteria:
Align Extreme project management issues and sort Extreme project management activities.
– Think about the functions involved in your Extreme project management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Extreme project management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are the usability implications of Extreme project management actions?
Agile software development Critical Criteria:
Generalize Agile software development tasks and correct better engagement with Agile software development results.
– As corporate ventures usually go to new business areas and work with new technologies, they are most likely unable to utilize existing commercial or parent corporations in-house development methods. Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– Management buy-in is a concern. Many program managers are worried that upper-level management would ask for progress reports and productivity metrics that would be hard to gather in an Agile work environment. Management ignorance of Agile methodologies is also a worry. Will Agile advantages be able to overcome the well-known existing problems in software development?
– Many teams will find that informal modeling sessions around whiteboards will be sufficient, although sometimes more formal modeling sessions, such as Joint Application Design (JAD) strategies or stakeholder interviews will work best. How will nonfunctional requirements pertaining to availability, security, performance, and many other factors be addressed?
– The sprint backlog is the list of work the team must address during the next sprint. The list is derived by selecting stories/features from the top of the product backlog until the team feels they have enough work to fill the sprint. Is this done by the team asking, Can we also do this?
– How can the balance between tacit and explicit knowledge and their diffusion be found in agile software development when there are several parties involved?
– When youre thinking about all the different ways a product may be used in the future, do you stop at three, five, or 10 years in the future?
– How can we fix actual and perceived problems uncovered in ethnographic investigations of Agile software development teams?
– How do agile methods support the principles of Agile Manifesto when using in-house software development methods?
– Are meetings viewed as ways for managers to micromanage their teams: what have you done in the last 24 hours?
– Can agile methods be used effectively for evolving a system in response to customer change requests?
– Is it important to have a very detailed specification and design before moving to implementation?
– To what level of detail will you capture the requirements, if at all?
– What technologies are available to support system development?
– So what do your developers do differently in agile?
– How do disciplined agile teams work at scale?
– What type of system is being developed?
– How do Agile projects prioritize work?
– What type of Experience is valuable?
– Detaching: when does it break down?
– How do engineers feel about it?
Extreme programming Critical Criteria:
Discuss Extreme programming outcomes and be persistent.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Extreme project management processes of our organization?
– Is there any existing Extreme project management governance structure?
– How Extreme Does Extreme Programming Have to Be?
– When using Extreme Programming?
– What Is Extreme Programming?
Management Critical Criteria:
Value Management quality and get going.
– How do you incorporate existing work management, crm and/or websites in to your delivery of a geodynamic reporting tool?
– Is the purpose of the Daily Scrum to make sure that problems and obstacles are visible to the team?
– Which users require access to which assets, to what extent, and in what circumstances?
– Of the data products generated during the project, which data will be shared?
– How can you manage your key accounts, when they think they are managing you?
– How can iam be turned into an asset instead of an exposure?
– What are the necessary steps to evaluate a CRM solution?
– Have you received demonstrable ROI from your deployment?
– Has all relevant information been reviewed?
– How have similar programs been evaluated?
– Can managers interfere with a Sprint in progress?
– Will the rule interfere with others?
– How many scenario per Iteration?
– Agile Development -What does it mean?
– What is risk management?
– What is my real risk?
Method Critical Criteria:
Chat re Method strategies and oversee implementation of Method.
– In what way can we redefine the criteria of choice in our category in our favor, as Method introduced style and design to cleaning and Virgin America returned glamor to flying?
– Does your Cybersecurity plan include alternative methods for meeting critical functional responsibilities in the absence of IT or communication technology?
– When using the net present value method, how does one know whether the true rate of return is greater or less than the discount rate?
– Do organizations have a methodology in place for the proper allocation of business resources to invest in, create, and maintain IT standards?
– What are the existing methods, techniques and tool support to enable migration of legacy software towards cloud-based environment?
– What Agile Management Method do you use when your Development DevOps team is working in Continuous Deployment mode?
– What are the existing tasks, methods and techniques to enable migration of legacy on-premise software to the cloud?
– Are standards for risk assessment methodology established, so risk information can be compared across entities?
– What analytical methods and mechanisms will be applied to your data either prior to or post integration?
– Is it possible to use a methodology which enables an assessment of the effectiveness of the program?
– What methodology do you use for measuring the success of your social media programs for clients?
– Are there defined methods to appropriately account for issues related to segregation of duties?
– Do data reflect stable and consistent data collection processes and analysis methods over time?
– What is the major disadvantage of the net present value method?
– Does the requirement have a verification method assigned?
– Do you clearly document your data collection methods?
– Have any metadata methods been identified?
– What are our Extreme project management Processes?
Mindset Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Mindset outcomes and correct better engagement with Mindset results.
– Can we do Extreme project management without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Extreme project management Management?
– Why are Extreme project management skills important?
Project Critical Criteria:
Derive from Project goals and find out.
– Every day, does the team get together for a 15-minute meeting called a Daily Scrum and answers three questions: What have you done on this project since the last Daily Scrum meeting?
– Research reveals that more than half of business intelligence projects hit a low degree of acceptance or fail. What factors influence the implementation negative or positive?
– If the project/program is not fully funded for the year, how will this affect the project/programs implementation and what is being done to address this issue?
– Does the suggested change request have a significant negative impact on completed project work without a commensurate benefit to the product or project?
– How is personal interaction intertwined with the management of customer relationships in the project business?
– Is there an unplanned business event or project that has occurred and is potential impacting the workload ?
– Are there metrics and standards that can be used for control of agile project progress during execution?
– What type of feasibility is concerned with whether the project violates particular laws or regulations?
– What did you accomplish yesterday, what will you do today, and what impediments are getting in your way?
– Who prioritizes, conducts and monitors business intelligence projects?
– Is project/Program Management methodology being followed correctly?
– What are the job descriptions and specifications for the staff?
– What would adopting the change proficiently mean?
– What is the purpose of post auditing projects?
– How important is the original schedule?
– How would proficiency be demonstrated?
– Who will be collecting information?
– what is causing us to be behind?
– How would you measure it?
– What is the project for?
Project management Critical Criteria:
Frame Project management tasks and devise Project management key steps.
– Troubleshooting – are problems related to what is actually changing (the change), to the management of tasks and resources to make the change happen (project management) or to issues relating to employee engagement, buy-in and resistance (Change Management)?
– First iteration. The plan for the team is then a list of prioritized features, and who is to perform the tasks of developing the features is decided on during the iteration. What is important in the kick-off meeting to enable feedback and learning?
– The fundamentals of agile software development, agile project management, and evolutionary development have been proven and demonstrated to be highly successful. Are these now preferred in our organization?
– Does it replace or negate traditional project management concerns with risk, scheduling, metrics, and execution, or does it shift how we think about these and necessitate new techniques and approaches?
– From an organizational perspective, what are the trade-offs involved in shifting all project management to an agile approach, versus maintaining a mixed portfolio of agile and traditional development?
– With agile processes promoting the concept of self-directed teams, is there room for the conventional project manager or does this role also need to evolve to suit the principles of the new paradigm?
– Are there contextual conditions, such as the size of the project or nature of the task, that signal a better fit for agile versus traditional project management approaches?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– A heuristic, a decision support system, or new practices to improve current project management?
– How could a new product or service be developed in this century without Agile Project Management?
– How difficult is agile project management for outsourced or off-shored projects?
– How do we create a culture that supports project management?
– What is the role of Project Management Body of Knowledge?
– Why is Extreme project management important for you now?
– What work wouldnt get done if no more funds were added?
– What is the meaning of success in this context?
– What project management associations are you a member of?
– How do we deal with change when it happens?
– What is agile project management?
– Who is a customer?
Project manager Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Project manager tasks and secure Project manager creativity.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Extreme project management. How do we gain traction?
– How much and which way a traditional project manager has to change his/her management style or way of working in order to be an agile project manager?
– Do we have these warning signs: This project is not that big and everyone knows what they are doing -why do we need a project manager?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What are the actions taken by project managers when leading and implementing a transformational change initiative?
– Does Extreme project management systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How can an agile project manager balance team level autonomy and individual level autonomy in agile software teams?
– What should the project manager(s) do differently next time your organization undergoes a change process?
– What processes do project managers and content strategists use to collect content for client websites?
– What are the most important skills practitioners consider make an effective people project manager?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Extreme project management project manager?
– So, if the project no longer needs a detailed master project plan, why does it need a project manager?
– What project management qualifications does the Project Manager have?
– Can project managers measure project status at any point in time?
– What is the duty of a Project Manager?
– What was the project manager best at?
– Who are the project managers?
Project stakeholders Critical Criteria:
Nurse Project stakeholders goals and intervene in Project stakeholders processes and leadership.
– What are our needs in relation to Extreme project management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Do Extreme project management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Project team Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Project team planning and document what potential Project team megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– When we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– How do you know that your project team members are following the documented cm processes to establish the baseline and control changes to it?
– Can we say that the traditional project team is not self-organized, no matter how complex the project is, and what level of team we are discussing?
– Is the project using any technologies that have not been widely deployed or that the project team is unfamiliar with?
– Why should a client choose a project team which offers agile software development?
– Are the project teams ready to function within agile project management?
– Project Team: Who will be on the project and for which dates?
– Describe the Leadership and Motivation for the Project Team?
– Did the project team have enough people to execute the project plan?
– How can skill-level changes improve Extreme project management?
– How do we go about Securing Extreme project management?
– What threat is Extreme project management addressing?
– Did the project team have the right skills?
Rapid application development Critical Criteria:
Coach on Rapid application development results and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Have we thought of cost, functionality,vendor support, vendor viability, quality of documentation, ease of learning, ease of use, ease of installation, response time, throughput, version?
– Which systems play a pivotal role in an organizations continued operations and goal attainment?
– What new hardware, software, databases or procedures will improve an existing system?
– Who is responsible for modifying or developing programs to satisfy user requirements?
– What sets of objectives are important to our systems development project?
– Why wait years to develop systems likely to be obsolete upon completion?
– What is a formalized approach for developing a project schedule?
– Which sdlc results in the highest degree of user participation?
– How do you measure system effectiveness in your organization?
– What primary problems might a new or enhanced system solve?
– How will you measure your Extreme project management effectiveness?
– What are the primary advantages of the traditional sdlc?
– Is the system large and can it be sensibly split up?
– Who are the potential users of the new application?
– Can all end user classes be identified?
– How time-constrained is the project?
– What is a key aspect of prototyping?
– What is architected rad?
– When use RAD?
Schedule Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Schedule planning and create Schedule explanations for all managers.
– The pp and the semp define the tasks and schedule for the project and the processes that will be followed to produce the deliverables. once the project is underway, how can you track progress against the plan?
– Are items returned for calibration as scheduled and/or when found to have broken calibration seals, damaged, or malfunctioning?
– Allow import and data management processes to be immediately executed or scheduled to run on regular intervals?
– Schedule feasibility. can the solution be designed and implemented within an acceptable time period?
– Is there a schedule for required password updates from default vendor or manufacturer passwords?
– Schedule feasibility -can the solution be designed and implemented within an acceptable time?
– Are any problems that cause schedule slips identified as risks prior to their occurrence?
– Have extra media been scheduled during particularly strong sales periods during the year?
– How will you know that the Extreme project management project has been successful?
– Is there an impact to schedule performance and to what level?
– Has the time for updating the information been scheduled?
– Schedule & Phases – How long will this take?
– Schedule -can it be done in the given time?
– Cost / schedule impact analysis required?
– Cost schedule impact analysis required?
– Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
– Do you keep 50% of your time unscheduled?
Software Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Software governance and devote time assessing Software and its risk.
– Could Agile Manifesto and agile methods be a good starting point for the corporate venture to start their development effort towards their own, efficient agile in-house software development method?
– What are our metrics to use to measure the performance of a team using agile software development methodology?
– How does our CRM collaboration software integrate well with Google services like Google Apps and Google Docs?
– What does each software asset cost now and throughout the upgrade or refresh cycles?
– How can software be acquired, if needed, during the systems development phase?
– Who would benefit from the framework(s) and how could it (they) be utilized?
– Will the broader project community be populated appropriately?
– Have we developed requirements for agile software development?
– Is your LMS integrated to your current enterprise software?
– How do you scale Agile to large (500-5000 person) teams?
– Is the anti-virus software package updated regularly?
– What is and why Disciplined Agile Delivery (DAD)?
– Does the software utilize a responsive design?
– Is your BI software easy to understand?
– What is the client software?
– What makes agile better?
– What about large teams?
Stakeholder Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Stakeholder tasks and look at it backwards.
– Are we communicating about our Cybersecurity Risk Management programs including the effectiveness of those programs to stakeholders, including boards, investors, auditors, and insurers?
– What steps have executives included in the Change Management plan to identify and address customers and stakeholders concerns about the specific process to be reengineered?
– Has implementation of the program strengthened skills and knowledge of the target group and other stakeholders?
– Who are all of the stakeholders in this decision we need to make, or in this process we are about to change?
– Are recovery activities communicated to internal stakeholders and executive and management teams?
– To satisfy our customers and stakeholders, what financial objectives must we accomplish?
– Which Phase of the ADM describes the defining scope and identification of stakeholders?
– Are there any foreseeable problems working in partnership with any of the stakeholders?
– What is the priority order for communication with each stakeholder/group?
– How do you get buy-in from your stakeholders for a systems approach?
– How will the data be shared with other stakeholders?
– Who are the internal/external stakeholders involved?
– Are all Stakeholders supporting this vision?
– How do we engage the stakeholders?
– How will we involve stakeholders?
Technology Critical Criteria:
Categorize Technology leadership and get going.
– Industry standards enforce legislation that utilities must meet, and these standards do not come cheaply. Standards require additional resources in the form of employees, hours, and technology, all of which increases the cost of providing reliable electricity to the customer. Therefore, the standards of Cybersecurity that protect the customer are then ultimately paid by the customer. So what are these standards and who sets them?
– Does your company have defined information technology risk performance metrics that are monitored and reported to management on a regular basis?
– What are the issues that arise when a limited number of vendors participate in a technology market and how can the risks be mitigated ?
– What do you believe is the most influential technology trend that is driving and enabling the use of DevOps practices and tools and why?
– Does your company have a formal information and technology risk framework and assessment process in place?
– In the new era of business technology, what challenges are keeping you up at night?
– What processes could be rewritten or made redundant due to blockchain technology?
– Who performs your companys information and technology risk assessments?
– How to extend current cluster services using cloud technology?
– Do you have technology that assist in online monitoring?
– Which technology enables configuring virtual hbas?
– What is your users comfort level with technology?
– What s the future of Bitcoin as a technology?
– Blockchain Technology: How does it work?
Time limit Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Time limit projects and develop and take control of the Time limit initiative.
– Does the tool we use provide the ability for a sender to specify a time limit for recipient to access a secure email?
– Is maximizing Extreme project management protection the same as minimizing Extreme project management loss?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Extreme project management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Extreme project management External links:
Staff View: eXtreme project management
Agile software development External links:
Agile Software Development with Team Foundation …
RoleModel Software – Custom Agile Software Development
Agile Software Development | App Development | Softxpert
Management External links:
Title Management | Firebrand Technologies
Title Management Group, Inc. – NOLA.com
Title Management | Login
Method External links:
The Bar Method Online Store
CDLE Payment Method Tool – Start Page
The Dailey Method
Mindset External links:
Sunday Opinion: The entitlement mindset of millennials
The latest case of pols’ entitled mindset | New York Post
MindsetWorks | Growth Mindset | Growth Mindset Programs
Project External links:
Home | Cugnon Project
Project management External links:
Construction Project Management Software | BuildingBlok
LearnSmart IT & Project Management Online Training …
Project manager External links:
Virtual Project Manager – Storm Water Compliance & …
[PDF]PROJECT MANAGER MAIN BATTLE TANK SYSTEMS
HyperSwiss – Kanban project manager
Project team External links:
Project TEAM | Welcome To Our House
Project Team Contacts – I-39/90 Expansion Project
Project Team File Manager Login
Rapid application development External links:
Best Rapid Application Development (RAD) Software in …
Rapid Application Development for the Web | Radzen
RAD (rapid application development) – Gartner IT Glossary
Schedule External links:
ABC TV Show Schedule – ABC.com
Cincinnati Bengals Season Schedule – Bengals.com
NBC Schedule – NBC.com
Software External links:
InSite SiteWork Excavation Software Overview
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
Stakeholder External links:
About Stakeholder Enterprise Portal – Liferay
Time limit External links:
Chargeback Time Limit – Chargebacks911
Time Limit (TV Movie 2003) – IMDb
Time Limit (1957) – IMDb