What is involved in Yield Management
Find out what the related areas are that Yield Management connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Yield Management thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Yield Management journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Yield Management leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Yield Management related domains to cover and 169 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Yield Management, General Motors, Experimental economics, Mass production, Car rental, Vertical bar, Low cost carrier, National Car Rental, High-yield debt, Expected Marginal Seat Revenue, Vending machine, Inventory control, Airline ticket, Price point, Backstage pass, Production management, Software bug, Point of interest, Real time policy, American Airlines, Legacy carriers, Algorithmic pricing, Price discrimination, Cruise line, Die Zeit, Behavioral Operations Research, Inverse probability, Capacity management, Real-time charging, Customer satisfaction, Customer base, Neural network, Multi-family residential, Loyalty business model, Airline seat, Supply and demand, Last minute advertising, Electronic commerce, Customer service, Communications service provider, Weighted mean, People Express Airlines, Dynamic programming, Revenue management, Revenue Analytics, National Railway, Pricing power, Planning horizon, Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences, Deutsche Bahn, Variable pricing, Revenue shortfall, Financial markets, Global economy, Littlewood’s rule:
Yield Management Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Yield Management planning and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Yield Management information.
– Are accountability and ownership for Yield Management clearly defined?
– Who needs to know about Yield Management ?
General Motors Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect General Motors issues and slay a dragon.
– Is Yield Management dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Think of your Yield Management project. what are the main functions?
– How do we go about Comparing Yield Management approaches/solutions?
Experimental economics Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Experimental economics outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Experimental economics projects.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Yield Management process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Yield Management process available?
– Think about the functions involved in your Yield Management project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Do the Yield Management decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Mass production Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Mass production engagements and test out new things.
– How do we go about Securing Yield Management?
– How do we Lead with Yield Management in Mind?
– Are there Yield Management problems defined?
Car rental Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Car rental issues and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Car rental.
– What are the barriers to increased Yield Management production?
– Why should we adopt a Yield Management framework?
Vertical bar Critical Criteria:
Read up on Vertical bar management and summarize a clear Vertical bar focus.
– For your Yield Management project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Yield Management is underway?
– What about Yield Management Analysis of results?
Low cost carrier Critical Criteria:
Generalize Low cost carrier projects and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Low cost carrier projects.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Yield Management process?
National Car Rental Critical Criteria:
Systematize National Car Rental leadership and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in National Car Rental.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Yield Management in a volatile global economy?
– Is Yield Management Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– What are the short and long-term Yield Management goals?
High-yield debt Critical Criteria:
Think about High-yield debt planning and shift your focus.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Yield Management is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Yield Management strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Does our organization need more Yield Management education?
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue Critical Criteria:
Think about Expected Marginal Seat Revenue tactics and be persistent.
– Think about the people you identified for your Yield Management project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Yield Management strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How do we know that any Yield Management analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Vending machine Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Vending machine results and look at it backwards.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Yield Management process?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Yield Management move?
Inventory control Critical Criteria:
Focus on Inventory control visions and question.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Yield Management values?
– What are internal and external Yield Management relations?
Airline ticket Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Airline ticket engagements and correct Airline ticket management by competencies.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Yield Management. How do we gain traction?
– Are there recognized Yield Management problems?
Price point Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Price point governance and get the big picture.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Yield Management does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Does Yield Management analysis show the relationships among important Yield Management factors?
Backstage pass Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Backstage pass quality and perfect Backstage pass conflict management.
– Do those selected for the Yield Management team have a good general understanding of what Yield Management is all about?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Yield Management ?
Production management Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Production management planning and explain and analyze the challenges of Production management.
– What are all of our Yield Management domains and what do they do?
– What will drive Yield Management change?
Software bug Critical Criteria:
Merge Software bug outcomes and proactively manage Software bug risks.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Yield Management experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Point of interest Critical Criteria:
Unify Point of interest leadership and question.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your Yield Management processes?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Yield Management leaders?
– Why is Yield Management important for you now?
Real time policy Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Real time policy adoptions and get the big picture.
American Airlines Critical Criteria:
Consolidate American Airlines engagements and revise understanding of American Airlines architectures.
– What are our needs in relation to Yield Management skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Yield Management requirements in detail?
– What is Effective Yield Management?
Legacy carriers Critical Criteria:
Adapt Legacy carriers outcomes and correct Legacy carriers management by competencies.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Yield Management leader?
Algorithmic pricing Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Algorithmic pricing tasks and forecast involvement of future Algorithmic pricing projects in development.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Yield Management project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Have all basic functions of Yield Management been defined?
Price discrimination Critical Criteria:
Merge Price discrimination risks and get going.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Yield Management information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Yield Management project?
Cruise line Critical Criteria:
Value Cruise line outcomes and mentor Cruise line customer orientation.
Die Zeit Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Die Zeit governance and create a map for yourself.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Yield Management goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Yield Management forward?
– How can we improve Yield Management?
Behavioral Operations Research Critical Criteria:
Align Behavioral Operations Research issues and devote time assessing Behavioral Operations Research and its risk.
– In the case of a Yield Management project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Yield Management project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Yield Management project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Yield Management workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– What vendors make products that address the Yield Management needs?
Inverse probability Critical Criteria:
Audit Inverse probability management and achieve a single Inverse probability view and bringing data together.
– What threat is Yield Management addressing?
Capacity management Critical Criteria:
Grasp Capacity management tactics and get answers.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Yield Management?
– How do we keep improving Yield Management?
Real-time charging Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Real-time charging quality and achieve a single Real-time charging view and bringing data together.
– What are the key elements of your Yield Management performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Is there any existing Yield Management governance structure?
– Is the scope of Yield Management defined?
Customer satisfaction Critical Criteria:
Grasp Customer satisfaction leadership and oversee Customer satisfaction management by competencies.
– Do we Make sure to ask about our vendors customer satisfaction rating and references in our particular industry. If the vendor does not know its own rating, it may be a red flag that youre dealing with a company that does not put Customer Service at the forefront. How would a company know what to improve if it had no idea what areas customers felt were lacking?
– What is the difference, if any, in customer satisfaction between the use and results of agile-driven software development methods and the use and results of plan-driven software development software development methods?
– How important are hard measurements that show return on investment compared to soft measurements that demonstrate customer satisfaction and public perception?
– Performance Standard: What should be the standards for completeness, reliability, accuracy, timeliness, customer satisfaction, quality and/or cost?
– Has it re-engineered or redesigned processes, and leveraged technologies to improve responsiveness, Customer Service and customer satisfaction?
– How does the company manage the design and delivery of products and services that promise a high level of customer satisfaction?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Yield Management delivery for example is new software needed?
– Is the Customer Satisfaction Process something which you think can be automated via an IVR?
– How does the firm measure and monitor client service and customer satisfaction?
– How important is Yield Management to the user organizations mission?
– What employee characteristics drive customer satisfaction?
– What are specific Yield Management Rules to follow?
Customer base Critical Criteria:
Coach on Customer base outcomes and differentiate in coordinating Customer base.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Yield Management processes?
– How representative is twitter sentiment analysis relative to our customer base?
– How well does the product fit our current customer base?
– What are the demographics of the customer base?
Neural network Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Neural network visions and innovate what needs to be done with Neural network.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Yield Management activities?
– How will you know that the Yield Management project has been successful?
– How can you measure Yield Management in a systematic way?
Multi-family residential Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Multi-family residential projects and know what your objective is.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Yield Management project?
– How do we measure improved Yield Management service perception, and satisfaction?
Loyalty business model Critical Criteria:
Investigate Loyalty business model decisions and gather Loyalty business model models .
– Consider your own Yield Management project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Yield Management?
Airline seat Critical Criteria:
Scan Airline seat strategies and point out Airline seat tensions in leadership.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Yield Management product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– In a project to restructure Yield Management outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Supply and demand Critical Criteria:
Define Supply and demand quality and look in other fields.
Last minute advertising Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Last minute advertising failures and find the essential reading for Last minute advertising researchers.
Electronic commerce Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Electronic commerce strategies and spearhead techniques for implementing Electronic commerce.
– Will Yield Management have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Is the security of electronic commerce services and their secure use ensured?
– Do Yield Management rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Customer service Critical Criteria:
Audit Customer service outcomes and slay a dragon.
– Customer Service What is the future of CRM with regards to Customer Service five years from now, What Technologies would affect it the most and what trends in Customer Service landscape would we see at that time?
– In the past year, have companies generally improved or worsened in terms of how quickly you feel they respond to you over social media channels surrounding a general inquiry or complaint?
– Good Customer Service at a fast food drive through window is fairly easy to visualize. but what about good Customer Service in our organization?
– How can recognition of the cultural value of importance of family be helpful in Customer Service?
– What specific aspects of our culture are impeding us in providing better Customer Service?
– In the past year, have you utilized social media to get a Customer Service response?
– What are some techniques for effectively providing service to older customers?
– Do we Greet our customer by asking questions like, hello, how may I help you?
– Do you have any complaint filtering in operation within your organization?
– What kinds of problems would cause the most Customer Service complaints?
– What awards has Customer Service in our organization been presented?
– In what ways have you seen modesty in others exhibited in the past?
– What are the issues of scaling Twitter for Customer Service?
– How should you approach clients verbally and nonverbally?
– Is social media the solution to bad Customer Service?
– What does a Customer Service culture look like?
– What is the percentage of calls you transfer?
– How does your customer see your organization?
– Do beliefs differ from values?
– So WHY Do WE Care?
Communications service provider Critical Criteria:
Reason over Communications service provider tasks and report on developing an effective Communications service provider strategy.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Yield Management activities?
– Who sets the Yield Management standards?
Weighted mean Critical Criteria:
Study Weighted mean adoptions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Weighted mean projects.
– Does Yield Management include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Yield Management process?
People Express Airlines Critical Criteria:
Study People Express Airlines risks and question.
– When a Yield Management manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Dynamic programming Critical Criteria:
Depict Dynamic programming quality and display thorough understanding of the Dynamic programming process.
– Will Yield Management deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Which Yield Management goals are the most important?
Revenue management Critical Criteria:
Mix Revenue management engagements and adjust implementation of Revenue management.
– Is maximizing Yield Management protection the same as minimizing Yield Management loss?
Revenue Analytics Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Revenue Analytics governance and get out your magnifying glass.
– How do we Identify specific Yield Management investment and emerging trends?
– How do we manage Yield Management Knowledge Management (KM)?
National Railway Critical Criteria:
Adapt National Railway tactics and perfect National Railway conflict management.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Yield Management effort?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Yield Management?
Pricing power Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Pricing power leadership and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Pricing power is getting what it needs.
– What are the disruptive Yield Management technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Yield Management objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Planning horizon Critical Criteria:
Review Planning horizon issues and summarize a clear Planning horizon focus.
– How likely is the current Yield Management plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences engagements and learn.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Yield Management?
– Who will provide the final approval of Yield Management deliverables?
Deutsche Bahn Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Deutsche Bahn quality and probe Deutsche Bahn strategic alliances.
Variable pricing Critical Criteria:
Debate over Variable pricing risks and triple focus on important concepts of Variable pricing relationship management.
– How can skill-level changes improve Yield Management?
Revenue shortfall Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Revenue shortfall management and drive action.
– What are the usability implications of Yield Management actions?
Financial markets Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Financial markets strategies and get answers.
– Among the Yield Management product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Global economy Critical Criteria:
Shape Global economy risks and triple focus on important concepts of Global economy relationship management.
Littlewood’s rule Critical Criteria:
Recall Littlewood’s rule tasks and do something to it.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Yield Management with what users do day-to-day?
– Is Yield Management Required?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Yield Management Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Yield Management External links:
yield management Flashcards | Quizlet
What is Yield Management? definition and meaning
General Motors External links:
Careers with General Motors
General Motors | Official Global Site | GM.com
Experimental economics External links:
Experimental Economics – Volume I: Economic | Pablo …
ESA – Experimental Economics | ESA
Experimental economics (eBook, 1994) [WorldCat.org]
Mass production External links:
[PPT]MASS PRODUCTION – deu.edu.tr
Mass production. (Book, 2009) [WorldCat.org]
Mass production. (Journal, magazine, 1946) [WorldCat.org]
Car rental External links:
National Car Rental – Official Site
Car Rental Locations – Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Business Car Rental Program – Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Vertical bar External links:
Vertical Bar Graph – TeacherVision
National Car Rental External links:
National Car Rental – Official Site
National Car Rental – Home | Facebook
National Car Rental Coupons: Save $40 w/ Nov. 2017 …
High-yield debt External links:
Clouds start to form over high-yield debt – Financial Times
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue External links:
Expected Marginal Seat Revenue – How is Expected …
EMSR abbreviation stands for Expected Marginal Seat Revenue
Vending machine External links:
How Much Does the Average Vending Machine Earn? | Chron.com
Office Vending Machine Services & Office Snacks
Candy Vending Machines – Vending Machine Supplies, …
Inventory control External links:
Inventory Control Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Multichannel Inventory Control Software | Ecomdash
What is Inventory Control & Why Is It So Important?
Airline ticket External links:
Airline Ticket Giveaway Scam – Snopes.com
United Airlines – Airline Tickets, Travel Deals and Flights
Price point External links:
The Best Flatirons for Every Price Point | Allure
The Best AR-15 Optics at Every Price Point – Guns & Ammo
Backstage pass External links:
Backstage Pass – My Account | Musician’s Friend
Casino Backstage Pass | Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
SRI Productions presents BackStage Pass
Production management External links:
Video, TV & Film Production Management Software | StudioBinder
Studio Suite | Post and Production Management Software
Production Management Flashcards | Quizlet
Software bug External links:
What’s the Worst Software Bug in History? | Laserfiche
What is Software Bug? – Definition from Techopedia
Point of interest External links:
DJI GO – Intelligent Flight Mode: Point of Interest – YouTube
Guild Wars 2 – Durmand Priory Point of Interest – YouTube
Real time policy External links:
Real Time Policy Services – GAPro System, Inc.
American Airlines External links:
American Airlines – Login
Algorithmic pricing External links:
Which companies use dynamic algorithmic pricing? – …
Algorithmic Pricing Is Creating An Arms Race On …
Price discrimination External links:
Price Discrimination Flashcards | Quizlet
3 Types of Price Discrimination | Chron.com
Price Discrimination – Investopedia
Cruise line External links:
Find A Cruise | Carnival Cruise Line
Disney Cruise Line – Official Site
LOG IN – Norwegian Cruise Line
Die Zeit External links:
Schule, Schule – Die Zeit nach Berg Fidel (2017) – IMDb
Für dich dreh ich die Zeit zurück (TV Movie 2017) – IMDb
Die Zeit wartet niemals – YouTube
Behavioral Operations Research External links:
Behavioral Operations Research Pictures, Images & …
http://photobucket.com/images/behavioral operations research
Inverse probability External links:
Inverse probability weights in r – Stack Overflow
Capacity management External links:
[PDF]TITLE: CAPACITY MANAGEMENT PLAN …
Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Capacity Management: ITIL process definition – Sub-processes – Terms – Additional information on ITIL Capacity Management.
http://Capacity management review. (eJournal / eMagazine, …
Customer satisfaction External links:
3 Ways to Increase Customer Satisfaction
Taco Bell Customer Satisfaction Survey – Welcome
McDVoice.com – McDonald’s Customer Satisfaction …
Neural network External links:
Neural Network Console
Multi-family residential External links:
Multi-Family Residential Units News from Merced Sun …
Loyalty business model External links:
Loyalty Business Model | Global Marketing Montreal
loyalty business model | Adrian Swinscoe
Airline seat External links:
A Quick Guide to Airline Seat Width – SmarterTravel
Supply and demand External links:
Nursing: Supply and Demand through 2020 – CEW Georgetown
Law of Supply and Demand: Basic Economics – Investopedia
Electronic commerce External links:
Barnes & Noble Electronic Commerce
EuroNECO – European Navy Electronic Commerce Online
[PDF]Navy Electronic Commerce Online
Customer service External links:
Entergy Online Customer Service Center
Customer Service | Progressive
Capital One Customer Service | Contact Us
Communications service provider External links:
[PDF]Pending Communications Service Provider Notices …
Weighted mean External links:
Weighted Mean – Math is Fun – Maths Resources
Compute a weighted mean in SAS – The DO Loop
Statistics – Find the weighted mean – YouTube
People Express Airlines External links:
People Express Airlines Alumni Reunion Custom Ink …
Dynamic programming External links:
[PDF]6 Dynamic Programming Algorithms – UCSD CSE
c – Coin Change :Dynamic Programming – Stack Overflow
algorithm – What is dynamic programming? – Stack Overflow
Revenue management External links:
fundamentals of revenue management – coursera.org
Model N High Tech Revenue Management
Revenue Management Solutions – Official Site
National Railway External links:
CNI – Canadian National Railway Co Stock quote – CNNMoney
Canadian National Railway (USA): NYSE:CNI quotes & …
Canadian National Railway Company: TSE:CNR quotes …
Pricing power External links:
What is PRICING POWER – Black’s Law Dictionary
pricing power | Hallmark Abstract LLC
Planning horizon External links:
[PDF]PLANNING HORIZON 2030 – Lake County, Florida
Planning horizon financial definition of Planning horizon
Financial Planning Horizon | Social Security Choices
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences External links:
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
Institute for Operations Research and the Management Sciences
Deutsche Bahn External links:
Deutsche Bahn – discover Germany and Europe by rail!
Deutsche Bahn Trials Self-Driving Bus in Bavarian Spa …
Deutsche Bahn – Frankfurt/Main Region – YouTube
Variable pricing External links:
[PDF]2017 PATRIOTS VARIABLE PRICING PER GAME
[PDF]Variable Pricing Case Study – expocad.com
http://www.expocad.com/pdfs/LSR Variable Pricing Case Study.pdf
Variable pricing — AccountingTools
Revenue shortfall External links:
Tax revenue shortfall could hit $575 million | WWLP.com
Financial markets External links:
Vision Financial Markets Investor Access
Global economy External links:
US Trade Deficit Global Economy, Sep 15 2017 – C-SPAN.org
Littlewood’s rule External links:
Revenue Management – Littlewood’s Rule – Part 2 – YouTube
Revenue Management – Littlewood’s Rule Part 1 – YouTube