What is involved in Public Procurement
Find out what the related areas are that Public Procurement connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Public Procurement thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Public Procurement journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Public Procurement leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Public Procurement related domains to cover and 142 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Public Procurement, Best value procurement, Customs and monetary union, Domestic trade, Trade mission, Constitution of South Africa, Competitive advantage, Foreign trade of Vietnam, Public procurement in Kenya, Economic operator, International Trade Centre, Trade bloc, Small and medium enterprise, Single market, Countervailing duties, Republic of South Africa, Linder hypothesis, Bulgarian government, Bulgarian border barrier, Import substitution industrialization, Fair trade, Agreement on Government Procurement, Free trade, Public eProcurement, Balassa–Samuelson effect, Civil service examination, Federal Acquisition Regulation, Customs war, Trade costs, Ministry of Economic Development and Trade, Free trade area, Military acquisition, Executive agency, Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar, Import quota, Trade facilitation, Cabinet Office, Quota share, Trade creation, Federal Acquisition Institute, Intellectual property, Import license, Export-oriented industrialization, Trading nation, Index of international trade topics, Economic and monetary union, Trade agreement, Trade barrier, National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Timeline of international trade, Voluntary export restraints, Trade war, World Customs Organization, Bulgarian Parliament, Emissions trading:
Public Procurement Critical Criteria:
Sort Public Procurement management and explore and align the progress in Public Procurement.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Public Procurement with what users do day-to-day?
– Does the Public Procurement task fit the clients priorities?
– Who needs to know about Public Procurement ?
Best value procurement Critical Criteria:
Steer Best value procurement management and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Best value procurement.
– How do we know that any Public Procurement analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Public Procurement?
– Are there Public Procurement Models?
Customs and monetary union Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Customs and monetary union projects and describe the risks of Customs and monetary union sustainability.
– Do those selected for the Public Procurement team have a good general understanding of what Public Procurement is all about?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Public Procurement objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
Domestic trade Critical Criteria:
Test Domestic trade management and shift your focus.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Public Procurement processes?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Public Procurement, including any consulting or professional services?
– Among the Public Procurement product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Trade mission Critical Criteria:
Generalize Trade mission outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Trade mission projects.
– What vendors make products that address the Public Procurement needs?
– Is there any existing Public Procurement governance structure?
Constitution of South Africa Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Constitution of South Africa quality and mentor Constitution of South Africa customer orientation.
– To what extent does management recognize Public Procurement as a tool to increase the results?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Public Procurement Management?
– What are internal and external Public Procurement relations?
Competitive advantage Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Competitive advantage quality and secure Competitive advantage creativity.
– If you had to rebuild your organization without any traditional competitive advantages (i.e., no killer a technology, promising research, innovative product/service delivery model, etc.), how would your people have to approach their work and collaborate together in order to create the necessary conditions for success?
– Designing internet of things (IoT) solutions can unlock innovation, increase efficiencies and create new competitive advantages. but in an emerging marketplace of mostly unknown and untested solutions, where do we start?
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Public Procurement workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– To what extent does data-driven innovation add to the competitive advantage (CA) of your company?
– Value proposition – can we create and sustain competitive advantage for this product?
– How likely is it that the strategy will continue to sustain competitive advantage?
– organizational Culture: Can it be a Source of Sustained Competitive Advantage?
– What is our formula for success in Public Procurement ?
– How can CRM be a source of competitive advantage?
– What are the long-term Public Procurement goals?
– What is our competitive advantage?
Foreign trade of Vietnam Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Foreign trade of Vietnam leadership and get answers.
– Does Public Procurement create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Public Procurement effort?
Public procurement in Kenya Critical Criteria:
Boost Public procurement in Kenya risks and gather Public procurement in Kenya models .
Economic operator Critical Criteria:
Survey Economic operator decisions and revise understanding of Economic operator architectures.
– In the case of a Public Procurement project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Public Procurement project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Public Procurement project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Public Procurement products are done in a way that ensures safety?
International Trade Centre Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about International Trade Centre results and give examples utilizing a core of simple International Trade Centre skills.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Public Procurement? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Public Procurement objectives?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Public Procurement been identified and analyzed?
Trade bloc Critical Criteria:
Systematize Trade bloc engagements and work towards be a leading Trade bloc expert.
– Does Public Procurement analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How do we Identify specific Public Procurement investment and emerging trends?
– Do we have past Public Procurement Successes?
Small and medium enterprise Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Small and medium enterprise leadership and prioritize challenges of Small and medium enterprise.
– Will Public Procurement have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Does Public Procurement analysis show the relationships among important Public Procurement factors?
Single market Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Single market issues and look at the big picture.
– How do we go about Comparing Public Procurement approaches/solutions?
Countervailing duties Critical Criteria:
Coach on Countervailing duties results and interpret which customers can’t participate in Countervailing duties because they lack skills.
– Think about the functions involved in your Public Procurement project. what processes flow from these functions?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Public Procurement leaders?
– How is the value delivered by Public Procurement being measured?
Republic of South Africa Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Republic of South Africa leadership and tour deciding if Republic of South Africa progress is made.
– Can we add value to the current Public Procurement decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Public Procurement values?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Public Procurement process?
Linder hypothesis Critical Criteria:
Map Linder hypothesis decisions and prioritize challenges of Linder hypothesis.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Public Procurement processes?
– How do we keep improving Public Procurement?
Bulgarian government Critical Criteria:
Discuss Bulgarian government issues and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Bulgarian government decisions.
– Which customers cant participate in our Public Procurement domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– In what ways are Public Procurement vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– How to Secure Public Procurement?
Bulgarian border barrier Critical Criteria:
Guard Bulgarian border barrier tactics and create a map for yourself.
– Is the scope of Public Procurement defined?
Import substitution industrialization Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Import substitution industrialization failures and finalize specific methods for Import substitution industrialization acceptance.
– In a project to restructure Public Procurement outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is Effective Public Procurement?
Fair trade Critical Criteria:
Explore Fair trade quality and acquire concise Fair trade education.
Agreement on Government Procurement Critical Criteria:
Deduce Agreement on Government Procurement quality and describe the risks of Agreement on Government Procurement sustainability.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Public Procurement strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How can the value of Public Procurement be defined?
Free trade Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Free trade leadership and gather Free trade models .
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Public Procurement leader?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Public Procurement project manager?
Public eProcurement Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Public eProcurement visions and explore and align the progress in Public eProcurement.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Public Procurement project?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Public Procurement ?
– Who will provide the final approval of Public Procurement deliverables?
Balassa–Samuelson effect Critical Criteria:
Match Balassa–Samuelson effect leadership and gather Balassa–Samuelson effect models .
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Public Procurement opportunities costing us money?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Public Procurement moving forward?
Civil service examination Critical Criteria:
Jump start Civil service examination risks and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Public Procurement forward?
– What business benefits will Public Procurement goals deliver if achieved?
Federal Acquisition Regulation Critical Criteria:
Add value to Federal Acquisition Regulation engagements and change contexts.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Public Procurement process?
– Who sets the Public Procurement standards?
Customs war Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Customs war quality and track iterative Customs war results.
– Will Public Procurement deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Do we all define Public Procurement in the same way?
– What about Public Procurement Analysis of results?
Trade costs Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Trade costs projects and get going.
– What threat is Public Procurement addressing?
Ministry of Economic Development and Trade Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Ministry of Economic Development and Trade projects and catalog Ministry of Economic Development and Trade activities.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Public Procurement information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Public Procurement study?
– How do we maintain Public Procurements Integrity?
Free trade area Critical Criteria:
Debate over Free trade area outcomes and transcribe Free trade area as tomorrows backbone for success.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Public Procurement in a volatile global economy?
– What management system can we use to leverage the Public Procurement experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do we Lead with Public Procurement in Mind?
Military acquisition Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Military acquisition failures and point out Military acquisition tensions in leadership.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Public Procurement?
– Which Public Procurement goals are the most important?
Executive agency Critical Criteria:
Think carefully about Executive agency governance and innovate what needs to be done with Executive agency.
– What are our needs in relation to Public Procurement skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How can skill-level changes improve Public Procurement?
Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar decisions and improve Her Majesty’s Government of Gibraltar service perception.
– Do Public Procurement rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Import quota Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Import quota quality and display thorough understanding of the Import quota process.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Public Procurement delivery for example is new software needed?
– Are there recognized Public Procurement problems?
– What is our Public Procurement Strategy?
Trade facilitation Critical Criteria:
Graph Trade facilitation outcomes and probe Trade facilitation strategic alliances.
– Is Public Procurement dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Is Public Procurement Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Cabinet Office Critical Criteria:
Confer over Cabinet Office strategies and transcribe Cabinet Office as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How do we go about Securing Public Procurement?
Quota share Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Quota share engagements and adopt an insight outlook.
Trade creation Critical Criteria:
Grasp Trade creation governance and innovate what needs to be done with Trade creation.
– What is the purpose of Public Procurement in relation to the mission?
– How much does Public Procurement help?
Federal Acquisition Institute Critical Criteria:
See the value of Federal Acquisition Institute leadership and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Federal Acquisition Institute projects.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Public Procurement services/products?
– Does our organization need more Public Procurement education?
Intellectual property Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Intellectual property projects and check on ways to get started with Intellectual property.
– What will be the policies for data sharing and public access (including provisions for protection of privacy, confidentiality, security, intellectual property rights and other rights as appropriate)?
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Public Procurement models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– During the last 3 years, have you received a complaint or an injunction arising out of intellectual property infringement, content or advertising?
– Is legal review performed on all intellectual property utilized in the course of your business operations?
– Am I concerned about intellectual property protection and legal issues of my application and data?
– Are there any data with intellectual property (e.g., patent, copyright) concerns with sharing?
– How is transfer pricing regulated for intellectual property in the United States?
– Who will own any copyright or intellectual property rights to the data?
Import license Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Import license visions and perfect Import license conflict management.
– How do we Improve Public Procurement service perception, and satisfaction?
Export-oriented industrialization Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Export-oriented industrialization visions and do something to it.
Trading nation Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Trading nation risks and probe the present value of growth of Trading nation.
Index of international trade topics Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Index of international trade topics visions and ask questions.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Public Procurement?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Public Procurement?
– Does Public Procurement appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Economic and monetary union Critical Criteria:
See the value of Economic and monetary union tasks and work towards be a leading Economic and monetary union expert.
– How would one define Public Procurement leadership?
Trade agreement Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Trade agreement adoptions and arbitrate Trade agreement techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do we measure improved Public Procurement service perception, and satisfaction?
Trade barrier Critical Criteria:
Steer Trade barrier leadership and look at it backwards.
– What are the barriers to increased Public Procurement production?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Public Procurement move?
– What are the short and long-term Public Procurement goals?
National Institute of Governmental Purchasing Critical Criteria:
Probe National Institute of Governmental Purchasing tactics and get the big picture.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Public Procurement strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What are the disruptive Public Procurement technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Timeline of international trade Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Timeline of international trade tactics and drive action.
Voluntary export restraints Critical Criteria:
Guard Voluntary export restraints management and remodel and develop an effective Voluntary export restraints strategy.
– Do we monitor the Public Procurement decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Are there Public Procurement problems defined?
Trade war Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Trade war projects and document what potential Trade war megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
World Customs Organization Critical Criteria:
Administer World Customs Organization management and spearhead techniques for implementing World Customs Organization.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Public Procurement project?
Bulgarian Parliament Critical Criteria:
Adapt Bulgarian Parliament governance and find out what it really means.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Public Procurement process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Public Procurement process available?
– Is there a Public Procurement Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Emissions trading Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Emissions trading visions and revise understanding of Emissions trading architectures.
– Can we do Public Procurement without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are current Public Procurement Paradigms?
– Are we Assessing Public Procurement and Risk?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Public Procurement Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Public Procurement External links:
Illinois Association of Public Procurement Officials, Inc
Kentucky Public Procurement Association
New Mexico Public Procurement Association
Customs and monetary union External links:
Customs and monetary union – PediaView.com
Customs and monetary union – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Customs and monetary union
Domestic trade External links:
Triton Domestic Trade Project – Charonia
Trade mission External links:
The trade mission (Book, 2004) [WorldCat.org]
The trade mission (Book, 2002) [WorldCat.org]
Competitive advantage External links:
3 Companies Using Speed as a Competitive Advantage
Competitive Advantage | tutor2u Business
Economic operator External links:
New WCO Criteria for Authorized Economic Operator | …
FedEx – AEO Certificate – Authorised Economic Operator
Authorized Economic Operator – UAE AEO Program
International Trade Centre External links:
ITC – International Trade Centre
[PDF]International Trade Centre – sancristocafe.com
Trade bloc External links:
Trade bloc – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
Trade Bloc Formation Under Imperfect Competition – …
Trade Bloc | International Business | Trade
Small and medium enterprise External links:
Philippine Small And Medium Enterprise Business Expo
Small and Medium Enterprise – Trivantis
Single market External links:
Digital Single Market – Home | Facebook
The European Single Market – European Commission
Theresa May wants to sneak back into Europe’s single market
Countervailing duties External links:
Priority Trade Issue: Antidumping and Countervailing Duties
Antidumping / Countervailing Duties – CustomsMobile
Countervailing Duties – Investopedia
Republic of South Africa External links:
Republic of South Africa – Wiktionary
Royal Thai Embassy, Pretoria, Republic of South Africa
[PDF]REPUBLIC OF SOUTH AFRICA – CSOS
Linder hypothesis External links:
Linder Hypothesis Definition | Investopedia
[PDF]A Linder Hypothesis for Foreign Direct Investment
[PDF]A Linder Hypothesis for Foreign Direct Investment – …
Bulgarian border barrier External links:
Bulgarian border barrier – topics.revolvy.com
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Bulgarian border barrier
Fair trade External links:
Fair Trade Messenger Bags that Give Back Joggo
Agreement on Government Procurement External links:
Executive Order 12260: Agreement on Government Procurement
Free trade External links:
Home page | Farmers for Free Trade
Free Trade Agreement Pros and Cons – The Balance
North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) | U.S. …
Public eProcurement External links:
Public eProcurement is spreading! – YouTube
anoGov – Public eProcurement Platform
Civil service examination External links:
Civil Service Examination Answer Keys – New York City
Civil Service Examinations | civilservicetechnicalguild.org
[PDF]NOTICE OF CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION
Federal Acquisition Regulation External links:
FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation) – AF
[PDF]The Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR): Answers …
Trade costs External links:
Trade costs in the developing world: 1995-2010 | VOX, …
Trade Costs – NBER
[PDF]Pricing-to-Market, Trade Costs, and International …
Ministry of Economic Development and Trade External links:
Ministry of Economic Development and Trade – Official Site
Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine …
14 Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and Trade reviews. A free inside look at company reviews and salaries posted anonymously by employees.
Free trade area External links:
The Difference Between a Free Trade Area & a Customs …
[PDF]SOUTH ASIAN FREE TRADE AREA
What is Free Trade Area? definition and meaning
Executive agency External links:
Government – Donations to a Federal Executive Agency
What is an executive agency – answers.com
Customs Executive Agency | U.S. Army in Europe
Import quota External links:
Effects of an Import Quota Flashcards | Quizlet
Adjusted World Price and Special Import Quota
import quota Study Sets and Flashcards | Quizlet
Trade facilitation External links:
[PDF]TRADE FACILITATION AND TRADE …
Trade facilitation (Book, 2006) [WorldCat.org]
Description: Trade Facilitation Indicators
Cabinet Office External links:
Buy Cabinet Office Furniture from Bed Bath & Beyond
Quota share External links:
Financial Quota Share Definition | Investopedia
Quota Share Treaty Definition | Investopedia
Quota Share Calculator
Trade creation External links:
What is Trade Creation? definition and meaning
Trade creation financial definition of trade creation
Trade Creation and Trade Diversion in Deep Agreements
Federal Acquisition Institute External links:
Welcome to Federal Acquisition Institute Survey Site
Intellectual property External links:
Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section …
http://www.justice.gov › … › About The Criminal Division › Sections/Offices
Intellectual Property Law – AllLaw.com
Import license External links:
4 Answers – How to get an import license in China
HFA – License Music – Import License – Harry Fox Agency
Failed to import License Number, error -11933
Export-oriented industrialization External links:
Export-oriented industrialization through primary processing?
[PDF]Export-Oriented Industrialization and the Demand …
What does export-oriented industrialization mean?
Trading nation External links:
Trading Nation – CNBC
Trading Nation (@TradingNation) | Twitter
Index of international trade topics External links:
“Index of international trade topics” on Revolvy.com
https://topics.revolvy.com/topic/Index of international trade topics
Economic and monetary union External links:
Economic and Monetary Union – YouTube
European Economic and Monetary Union (EMU)
Economic and Monetary Union – FEDERAL RESERVE BANK of NEW YORK
Trade agreement External links:
North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) | U.S. …
Trade barrier External links:
A value added tax is not a trade barrier | Tax Policy Center
Report a Trade Barrier | Export.gov | export.gov
trade barrier Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket
National Institute of Governmental Purchasing External links:
Home – National Institute of Governmental Purchasing
National Institute of Governmental Purchasing …
Timeline of international trade External links:
Timeline of international trade – Howling Pixel
Timeline of international trade – WOW.com
Timeline of international trade – Helpified
Voluntary export restraints External links:
Trade: Chapter 10-3: Voluntary Export Restraints (VERs)
Voluntary Export Restraints Flashcards | Quizlet
[PDF]Voluntary Export Restraints – pzacad.pitzer.edu
Trade war External links:
Why Is Trump Waging a Trade War Against Canada?
The U.S. Can Win a Trade War With China – TIME
Trump’s China strategy: trade war or American game
World Customs Organization External links:
World Customs Organization Overview | U.S. Customs …
Emissions trading External links:
China’s emissions trading scheme awaits green light
Emissions Trading Resources | US EPA
What Is Emissions Trading? | US EPA