What is involved in SAP Cloud Platform
Find out what the related areas are that SAP Cloud Platform connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a SAP Cloud Platform thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its SAP Cloud Platform journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward SAP Cloud Platform leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which SAP Cloud Platform related domains to cover and 96 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Track SAP Cloud Platform projects and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging SAP Cloud Platform.
– What management system can we use to leverage the SAP Cloud Platform experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for SAP Cloud Platform strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Is the scope of SAP Cloud Platform defined?
Apple Inc. Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Apple Inc. tasks and maintain Apple Inc. for success.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your SAP Cloud Platform strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your SAP Cloud Platform processes?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a SAP Cloud Platform project?
CloudFoundry Critical Criteria:
Adapt CloudFoundry tactics and plan concise CloudFoundry education.
– Is there a SAP Cloud Platform Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How do we know that any SAP Cloud Platform analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How is the value delivered by SAP Cloud Platform being measured?
Cloud Computing Critical Criteria:
Examine Cloud Computing management and stake your claim.
– How might we classify current cloud computing offerings across a spectrum, and how do the technical and business challenges differ depending on where in the spectrum a particular offering lies?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– What are some common barriers to exiting transitioning from a cloud computing service provider and how can they be addressed?
– What is the security gap between private cloud cloud computing versus client server computing architectures?
– Will the move to cloud computing shorten the time it takes to deliver functional enhancements to end users?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– Do we require that confidential information in the cloud be stored within the united states?
– What is the future scope for combination of business intelligence and cloud computing?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– What are some cost cutting strategies for controlling cloud computing costs?
– How can we best leverage cloud computing and obtain security?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What are the usability issues around cloud computing?
– What are the security concerns with cloud computing?
– How energy efficient is cloud computing?
– How do I estimate cloud computing costs?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
Cloud Foundry Critical Criteria:
Survey Cloud Foundry tasks and look at the big picture.
– Can we add value to the current SAP Cloud Platform decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this SAP Cloud Platform process?
– What are our SAP Cloud Platform Processes?
Eclipse Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Eclipse visions and look in other fields.
– For your SAP Cloud Platform project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate SAP Cloud Platform delivery for example is new software needed?
– What is our formula for success in SAP Cloud Platform ?
Gamification Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Gamification tactics and pay attention to the small things.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing SAP Cloud Platform? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good SAP Cloud Platform project manager?
– How can skill-level changes improve SAP Cloud Platform?
Internet of things Critical Criteria:
Sort Internet of things decisions and assess and formulate effective operational and Internet of things strategies.
– Sensors and the IoT add to the growing amount of monitoring data that is available to a wide range of users. How do we effectively analyze all of this data and ensure that meaningful and relevant data and decisions are made?
– Do we prepare for the future where the internet will move significantly beyond relying on handheld devices and computer terminals towards a more massively integrated web of things?
– Does the Internet of Things need a scale-of-blame to help manage security incidents during the years until technology solves the security problem?
– What was the projected and actual for each of the following: development time, development cost, and launch date?
– In the event the database is corrupted, to what level of currency must it be restored?
– What additional principles and requirements are necessary for IoT applications?
– With which internal components of our organization is the information shared?
– Does our system use roles to assign privileges to users of the system?
– Is the social web being irreversibly corrupted by automation tools?
– What are the reputation requirements of an Internet of objects?
– An Open Internet of Things What does this concept mean to you?
– What is the effect of agent diversity on the system?
– Will contractors install the necessary equipment?
– Will contractors have access to the system?
– How fast is IoT becoming important for us?
– What is our formula for success in IIoT?
– Do certain types of agents dominate?
– What is the identifier of a thing?
– Why Is IoT Important?
– What can be measured?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the SAP Cloud Platform process?
– How would one define SAP Cloud Platform leadership?
Mobile World Congress Critical Criteria:
Grasp Mobile World Congress projects and be persistent.
– In the case of a SAP Cloud Platform project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a SAP Cloud Platform project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any SAP Cloud Platform project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What are the key elements of your SAP Cloud Platform performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Who sets the SAP Cloud Platform standards?
Node.js Critical Criteria:
Survey Node.js tactics and catalog Node.js activities.
– What business benefits will SAP Cloud Platform goals deliver if achieved?
– How do we go about Securing SAP Cloud Platform?
– What is our SAP Cloud Platform Strategy?
On premises Critical Criteria:
Generalize On premises failures and track iterative On premises results.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing SAP Cloud Platform?
– Have all basic functions of SAP Cloud Platform been defined?
Platform as a Service Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Platform as a Service results and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Platform as a Service is getting what it needs.
– To what extent does management recognize SAP Cloud Platform as a tool to increase the results?
– How do we Lead with SAP Cloud Platform in Mind?
SAP HANA Critical Criteria:
Rank SAP HANA goals and find the ideas you already have.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as SAP Cloud Platform leaders?
– How do we manage SAP Cloud Platform Knowledge Management (KM)?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Understand SAP SE issues and raise human resource and employment practices for SAP SE.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which SAP Cloud Platform models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a SAP Cloud Platform study?
– How do we maintain SAP Cloud Platforms Integrity?
Software development kit Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Software development kit results and cater for concise Software development kit education.
Virtual machine Critical Criteria:
Learn from Virtual machine projects and be persistent.
– Can your application be packaged into a virtual machine (VM) instance and run on cloud infrastructure or does it need specialized hardware and/or special access to hardware that the AWS cloud cannot provide?
– An administrator is concerned about denial of service attacks on their virtual machines (vms). what is an effective method to reduce the risk of this type of attack?
– Does the provider utilize Network Access Control based enforcement for continuous monitoring of its virtual machine population and virtual machine sprawl prevention?
– What types of resources (e.g., virtual machines, storage space, development environments) does the provider offer as part of each of its service models?
– An administrator wants to install a guest os on a newly created virtual machine. what enables the administrator to perform the installation?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if SAP Cloud Platform does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What is a limitation of using a backup agent on a hypervisor when backing up virtual machine (vm) data?
– What enables a virtual machine to be portable across physical machines running the same hypervisor?
– Which technique can be used to cluster a virtual machine with a physical machine?
– How many virtual machines are to be protected by the disaster recovery solution?
– What is the basis for determining the size of the virtual machine swap file?
– What enables a virtual machine to directly access luns in a storage system?
– What makes it possible to store virtual machine files on a nas device?
– What vendors make products that address the SAP Cloud Platform needs?
– What is a feature of virtual machine file system (vmfs)?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the SAP Cloud Platform Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
SAP Cloud Platform Integration
Apple Inc. External links:
Apple Inc. (AAPL) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
CloudFoundry External links:
Kubernetes vs. CloudFoundry – Stack Overflow
Cloud Foundry (@cloudfoundry) | Twitter
CloudFoundry Sizing and Costing Tool
Cloud Computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
Cloud Foundry External links:
Cloud Foundry – Official Site
Pivotal Cloud Foundry – Official Site
Eclipse External links:
Solar eclipse 2017 | The Seattle Times
Eclipse Bank | Louisville, KY
Solar Eclipse Forever® Stamps | USPS
Gamification External links:
What is Gamification and How Can It Help My Business?
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
Internet of things External links:
Internet of Things (IoT) – Cisco
Internet of Things – Microsoft Internet of Things Blog
AT&T M2X: Build solutions for the Internet of Things
Mobile World Congress External links:
Mobile World Congress 2017 | Accenture
Mobile World Congress Americas 2017 – Mobile World Live
Node.js External links:
Node.js Tools for Visual Studio – Home
Platform as a Service External links:
Fully Managed Big Data Platform as a Service | Cazena
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
SAP HANA External links:
SAP HANA on Azure Virtual Machines | Microsoft Azure
Sap Hana an Introduction – AbeBooks
SAP SE External links:
SAP – SAP SE Stock quote – CNNMoney.com
Software development kit External links:
SDK Software Development Kit | ZOLL
LZMA SDK (Software Development Kit)
Microsoft Cabinet Software Development Kit
Virtual machine External links:
Virtual Machine Licensing FAQ | Microsoft Azure
Virtual Machine Scale Sets | Microsoft Azure
Five Best Virtual Machine Applications