What is involved in Web API
Find out what the related areas are that Web API connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Web API thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Web API journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Web API leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Web API related domains to cover and 124 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Web API, Dynamic web page, Server-side scripting, Amazon Web Services, IEEE Internet Computing, Open API, Web browser engine, Web worker, Distributed file system for cloud, Virtual Machine Manager, Apache CloudStack, Mod wsgi, Comparison of application servers, Mozilla Foundation, VMware vCloud Air, SAP Cloud Platform, Software as a service, W3C Geolocation API, Rackspace Cloud, Khronos Group, Mod ruby, Web Services for Remote Portlets, Web API Demonstration, FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5, Open Web Platform, Browser extension, Semantic Web, Engine Yard, Hypertext Transfer Protocol, Web API, Named pipe, Media Source Extensions, Mod mono, Web IDL, Dynamic HTML, Zoho Corporation, Cross-origin resource sharing, Mod parrot, Web application, Hardware virtualization, Mod jk, Application programming interface, Scalable Vector Graphics, Mod lisp, Java servlet, Virtual appliance, Server Application Programming Interface, Web SQL Database, Web resource, Web Messaging:
Web API Critical Criteria:
Confer over Web API goals and create a map for yourself.
– Think of your Web API project. what are the main functions?
– Which Web API goals are the most important?
– Why is Web API important for you now?
Dynamic web page Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Dynamic web page projects and integrate design thinking in Dynamic web page innovation.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Web API? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– How do we manage Web API Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Does our organization need more Web API education?
Server-side scripting Critical Criteria:
Analyze Server-side scripting tasks and get going.
– What are the Essentials of Internal Web API Management?
– What are current Web API Paradigms?
– How can we improve Web API?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Amazon Web Services projects and mentor Amazon Web Services customer orientation.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Web API into the services that we provide?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Web API move?
– Is Supporting Web API documentation required?
IEEE Internet Computing Critical Criteria:
Group IEEE Internet Computing management and oversee implementation of IEEE Internet Computing.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Web API in a volatile global economy?
– Are accountability and ownership for Web API clearly defined?
Open API Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Open API tactics and look at the big picture.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Web API leader?
– Is there any existing Web API governance structure?
– How to Secure Web API?
Web browser engine Critical Criteria:
Group Web browser engine adoptions and describe the risks of Web browser engine sustainability.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Web API requirements in detail?
– How is the value delivered by Web API being measured?
Web worker Critical Criteria:
Probe Web worker outcomes and pioneer acquisition of Web worker systems.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Web API processes?
– For your Web API project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Web API processes?
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Consult on Distributed file system for cloud goals and revise understanding of Distributed file system for cloud architectures.
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Web API opportunities costing us money?
– Are there Web API problems defined?
Virtual Machine Manager Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Virtual Machine Manager decisions and know what your objective is.
– Does Web API analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– What are the long-term Web API goals?
– Why should we adopt a Web API framework?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
Study Apache CloudStack engagements and improve Apache CloudStack service perception.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Web API effort?
– How can the value of Web API be defined?
– What about Web API Analysis of results?
Mod wsgi Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Mod wsgi results and figure out ways to motivate other Mod wsgi users.
– How would one define Web API leadership?
– Do we have past Web API Successes?
Comparison of application servers Critical Criteria:
Grasp Comparison of application servers tactics and ask what if.
– Does Web API systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Are we Assessing Web API and Risk?
Mozilla Foundation Critical Criteria:
Graph Mozilla Foundation planning and create a map for yourself.
– Can we add value to the current Web API decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Is Web API Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Web API?
VMware vCloud Air Critical Criteria:
Align VMware vCloud Air projects and raise human resource and employment practices for VMware vCloud Air.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Web API forward?
– Who needs to know about Web API ?
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over SAP Cloud Platform tactics and reduce SAP Cloud Platform costs.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Web API. How do we gain traction?
– When a Web API manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Are there recognized Web API problems?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Generalize Software as a service decisions and finalize the present value of growth of Software as a service.
– Is there a Web API Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
W3C Geolocation API Critical Criteria:
Have a session on W3C Geolocation API governance and catalog W3C Geolocation API activities.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Web API workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How will you know that the Web API project has been successful?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Web API?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Administer Rackspace Cloud adoptions and catalog Rackspace Cloud activities.
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
– What are the usability implications of Web API actions?
Khronos Group Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Khronos Group strategies and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Khronos Group information.
– Can we do Web API without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Do we all define Web API in the same way?
– Are there Web API Models?
Mod ruby Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Mod ruby issues and get answers.
– How important is Web API to the user organizations mission?
– How do we maintain Web APIs Integrity?
Web Services for Remote Portlets Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Web Services for Remote Portlets leadership and correct better engagement with Web Services for Remote Portlets results.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Web API?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Web API with what users do day-to-day?
– What is Effective Web API?
Web API Demonstration Critical Criteria:
Accelerate Web API Demonstration visions and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Web API Demonstration.
– Consider your own Web API project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Web API services/products?
– Who will provide the final approval of Web API deliverables?
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 results and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do we Lead with Web API in Mind?
– Is the scope of Web API defined?
Open Web Platform Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Open Web Platform tasks and define what our big hairy audacious Open Web Platform goal is.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Web API process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Web API process available?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Web API leaders?
– What will drive Web API change?
Browser extension Critical Criteria:
Confer over Browser extension results and maintain Browser extension for success.
– How do mission and objectives affect the Web API processes of our organization?
– What are the barriers to increased Web API production?
Semantic Web Critical Criteria:
Deduce Semantic Web tactics and slay a dragon.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Web API models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Web API, including any consulting or professional services?
– How do we go about Comparing Web API approaches/solutions?
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Match Engine Yard outcomes and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Engine Yard information.
Hypertext Transfer Protocol Critical Criteria:
Infer Hypertext Transfer Protocol tasks and proactively manage Hypertext Transfer Protocol risks.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Web API ?
Web API Critical Criteria:
Talk about Web API tasks and secure Web API creativity.
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Web API project?
Named pipe Critical Criteria:
Learn from Named pipe tactics and transcribe Named pipe as tomorrows backbone for success.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Web API is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Web API goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Media Source Extensions Critical Criteria:
Add value to Media Source Extensions management and plan concise Media Source Extensions education.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Web API project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Web API project lifecycle?
– Do the Web API decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Mod mono Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Mod mono projects and probe Mod mono strategic alliances.
– Does Web API include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Web IDL Critical Criteria:
Detail Web IDL quality and explain and analyze the challenges of Web IDL.
– what is the best design framework for Web API organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Dynamic HTML Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Dynamic HTML projects and ask what if.
– What threat is Web API addressing?
– Is Web API Required?
Zoho Corporation Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Zoho Corporation engagements and catalog what business benefits will Zoho Corporation goals deliver if achieved.
– Think about the functions involved in your Web API project. what processes flow from these functions?
Cross-origin resource sharing Critical Criteria:
Audit Cross-origin resource sharing adoptions and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Cross-origin resource sharing services.
– What vendors make products that address the Web API needs?
Mod parrot Critical Criteria:
Guide Mod parrot results and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Have you identified your Web API key performance indicators?
– How do we Identify specific Web API investment and emerging trends?
Web application Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Web application results and know what your objective is.
– I keep a record of names; surnames and emails of individuals in a web application. Do these data come under the competence of GDPR? And do both the operator of the web application and I need to treat them that way?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Web API products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Are my web application portfolios and databases ready to migrate to the Windows Azure platform?
– Who Is Responsible for Web Application Security in the Cloud?
– How do you approach building a large web application?
– How does IT exploit a Web Application?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Hardware virtualization engagements and overcome Hardware virtualization skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Web API? There might be some that are less obvious?
Mod jk Critical Criteria:
Merge Mod jk leadership and prioritize challenges of Mod jk.
– Among the Web API product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Application programming interface Critical Criteria:
Track Application programming interface quality and report on setting up Application programming interface without losing ground.
Scalable Vector Graphics Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Scalable Vector Graphics leadership and observe effective Scalable Vector Graphics.
– Does Web API create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Who sets the Web API standards?
Mod lisp Critical Criteria:
Chart Mod lisp issues and report on setting up Mod lisp without losing ground.
Java servlet Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Java servlet tactics and get going.
Virtual appliance Critical Criteria:
Value Virtual appliance tactics and gather practices for scaling Virtual appliance.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Web API process?
Server Application Programming Interface Critical Criteria:
Test Server Application Programming Interface visions and correct Server Application Programming Interface management by competencies.
– How much does Web API help?
Web SQL Database Critical Criteria:
Participate in Web SQL Database risks and mentor Web SQL Database customer orientation.
Web resource Critical Criteria:
Test Web resource tasks and slay a dragon.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Web API moving forward?
– What is our Web API Strategy?
Web Messaging Critical Criteria:
Grasp Web Messaging issues and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Web Messaging is getting what it needs.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Web API Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Web API External links:
ASP.NET Web API | The ASP.NET Site
Create a Web API with ASP.NET Core and VS Code
Using the Web API for iOS – Build with Square
Dynamic web page External links:
How to develop a dynamic web page using PHP | Web Design
Server-side scripting External links:
PHP server-side scripting language
Amazon Web Services External links:
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
IEEE Internet Computing External links:
Citation Machine: Ieee Internet Computing format …
CSDL – IEEE Internet Computing – Table of Contents
CSDL – IEEE Internet Computing – Select Issue
Open API External links:
Is Instagram an open API? – Updated 2017 – Quora
Home – Open API Initiative
AGU Open API Challenge – AGU’s Open API Challenge
Web browser engine External links:
Web browser engine – YouTube
Web worker External links:
HTML5 Web Workers API – W3Schools Online Web Tutorials
How to Use HTML5 Web Workers – Tutorial Republic
HTML5 – Web Workers – tutorialspoint.com
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
Distributed file system for cloud – Revolvy
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Distributed file system for cloud
Virtual Machine Manager External links:
Virtual Machine Manager Documentation | Microsoft Docs
Apache CloudStack External links:
Marketing – Apache Cloudstack – Apache Software …
Apache CloudStack (@CloudStack) | Twitter
Apache CloudStack: Open Source Cloud Computing
Comparison of application servers External links:
Comparison of application servers – seomastering.com
Mozilla Foundation External links:
Mozilla Foundation Volunteer Opportunities – VolunteerMatch
Mozilla Foundation End-User Licensing Agreements
Mozilla Foundation – GuideStar Profile
VMware vCloud Air External links:
VMware Data Privacy Addendum to VMware vCloud Air …
VMware vCloud Air
An Introduction to VMware vCloud Air – YouTube
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
SAP Cloud Platform Integration
Software as a service External links:
Software as a Service | Accenture
DENTAWEB Software as a service
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
W3C Geolocation API External links:
[1003.1775] Privacy Issues of the W3C Geolocation API
W3C Geolocation API not working in Chrome – Stack Overflow
W3C Geolocation API | Parth Bhatt
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Big Data on the Rackspace Cloud – Rackspace Hosting
PubCon Exhibitor : Rackspace Cloud – Pubcon
Rackspace Cloud Drive | Rackspace Hosting
Khronos Group External links:
Vulkan Overview – The Khronos Group Inc
The Khronos Group, Beaverton, OR. 3,179 likes · 64 talking about this · 18 were here. Connecting Software to Silicon https://www.khronos.org
Khronos Group – Official Site
Mod ruby External links:
Dragon nest 2 Legend Hack Mod Ruby – YouTube
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 External links:
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – Fujitsu United States
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – YouTube
Open Web Platform External links:
Open Web Platform – Home | Facebook
Browser extension External links:
AddThis Browser Extensions No Longer Supported – …
RetailMeNot Genie: Free Browser Extension for Coupons …
As of September 2017, the AddThis browser extensions for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari are no longer supported.
Semantic Web External links:
As of 2015, is the semantic web dead? – Updated 2017 – Quora
Semantic Web Flashcards | Quizlet
Semantic Web Working Group SPARQL endpoint
Engine Yard External links:
Engine Yard – Official Site
Engine Yard: Log In or Sign Up
Hypertext Transfer Protocol External links:
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) – Techopedia.com
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Status Code Registry
HTTP – Hypertext Transfer Protocol – YouTube
Web API External links:
Navionics Web API v2 – LAKE OF THE WOODS
ASP.NET Web API | The ASP.NET Site
Using the Web API for iOS – Build with Square
Named pipe External links:
Named Pipe Security and Access Rights (Windows)
sql server – What are named pipes? – Stack Overflow
http://The advantage of named pipes is that it is usually much faster, and frees up network stack resources. — BTW, in the Windows world, you can also have named pipes to remote machines — but in that case, the named pipe is transported over TCP/IP, so you will lose performance.
Media Source Extensions External links:
Media Source Extensions | Web Fundamentals | Google Developers
Mod mono External links:
ASP .NET on Apache with Mod Mono – Free .NET hosting
Mod mono – Mono – Docs.com
Dynamic HTML External links:
Introduction to Dynamic HTML (Internet Explorer)
Zoho Corporation External links:
GDPR Compliance Corporate Statement | Zoho Corporation
Zoho Corporation – Austin, TX – Alignable
Zoho Corporation Events | Eventbrite
Cross-origin resource sharing External links:
CORS on Apache – enable cross-origin resource sharing
Support for CORS (Cross-Origin Resource Sharing) for …
enable cross-origin resource sharing
Web application External links:
INSPI² Web Application – Safeguard Properties
Live Nation – ABIMM WEB Application
Mod jk External links:
RockKrawler 2.5″ Stock Mod JK Lift – Wanderingtrail
Mod Proxy AJP Versus Mod JK – Round 1 – Contegix
Application programming interface External links:
NPS Data API (Application Programming Interface) – …
Scalable Vector Graphics External links:
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) Tiny, Version 1.2
How to Add Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) to Your Web …
Java servlet External links:
java servlet failing on client site | Adobe Community
FMS and Java servlet | Adobe Community
jsp – iText image in java servlet – Stack Overflow
Virtual appliance External links:
Virtual Appliance – FREE download Virtual Appliance
Virtual Appliance – Netwrix
Virtual Appliances – FREE download Virtual Appliances
Server Application Programming Interface External links:
Telephony Server Application Programming Interface (TSAPI)
Web SQL Database External links:
Synchronous query to Web SQL Database – Stack Overflow
HTML 5 Web SQL Database – C# Corner
HTML5 Demo: Web SQL Database – rollback test
Web resource External links:
MyFM Web Resources Portal
Web Messaging External links:
Test Web Messaging (OTG-CLIENT-011) – OWASP
Web Messaging – LivePerson
Web Messaging Samples – silverstar.com