What is involved in VoIP
Find out what the related areas are that VoIP connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a VoIP thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its VoIP journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward VoIP leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which VoIP related domains to cover and 173 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
VoIP, Differentiated services, Data link layer, Integrated Services Digital Network, Molecular communication, Wide area network, Guglielmo Marconi, Inter-Asterisk eXchange, Local number portability, Computer-mediated communication, Communication software, Circuit switched, Electronic mailing list, Power line communication, Internet forum, Broadband Internet access, Opportunistic encryption, Web-based VoIP, Mobile phone, Off-premises extension, Instant messaging, Web chat, Saudi Arabia, Audio codec, RTP Control Protocol, Level 3 Communications, Direct inbound dialing, Asynchronous conferencing, Ethernet over coax, Capillary routing, Session border controller, Timeline of communication technology, Internet Relay Chat, Transmission line, Type 1 encryption, Cable modem, Plain old telephone service, Radio wave, Nuisance call, Wireless network, Missed call, Quality of Service, Online discussion, VoIP recording, Philo Farnsworth, High bit rate audio video over Internet Protocol, ATM Adaptation Layer 5, Internet fax, Denial-of-service attack, Bulletin board system, Cellular network, Mobile data, Transmission Control Protocol, Proprietary protocol, Digital subscriber line, Universal service, Voice VPN, Social network service:
VoIP Critical Criteria:
Study VoIP strategies and describe which business rules are needed as VoIP interface.
– If voip is classified as a telecommunications service, should access charges for it be different from those paid by non-ip-enabled telecommunications service providers?
– Do you have a reference document, relating to trouble reporting, trouble resolutions and escalations?
– What is the proper regulatory classification for voip services (telecommunications or value-added)?
– Does your company adhere to the time duration for status reporting to interconnecting companies?
– Does your company list your mutual aid contact in the niif company specific contact directory?
– Does your company have emergency communications links with other interconnected companies?
– Should they face the challenge head on or stick to restrictions on voip services?
– If not, for which specific functions will your company provide contact numbers?
– Is the telephone service covered by the Customer Service guarantee (csg)?
– Does your company have plans for disaster preparedness & recovery?
– In the case of voip, is there such a thing as a dominant player?
– Does your company subscribe to mutual aid agreements?
– What do we want our cyberinfrastructure to support?
– Voip – telecommunications or value added service?
– And what about the next new technology?
– Are the communications encrypted?
– How can this treasure be mined?
– Voice communication encrypted?
– Intelligent network over ip?
– Who benefits from voip?
Differentiated services Critical Criteria:
Examine Differentiated services results and report on setting up Differentiated services without losing ground.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new VoIP in a volatile global economy?
– Is VoIP dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– What business benefits will VoIP goals deliver if achieved?
Data link layer Critical Criteria:
Scan Data link layer quality and mentor Data link layer customer orientation.
– How do we go about Comparing VoIP approaches/solutions?
– Is a VoIP Team Work effort in place?
– How to Secure VoIP?
Integrated Services Digital Network Critical Criteria:
Value Integrated Services Digital Network adoptions and oversee implementation of Integrated Services Digital Network.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for VoIP strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its VoIP processes?
Molecular communication Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Molecular communication goals and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Molecular communication.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a VoIP strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– How do mission and objectives affect the VoIP processes of our organization?
Wide area network Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Wide area network risks and know what your objective is.
– In the case of a VoIP project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a VoIP project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any VoIP project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How do we manage VoIP Knowledge Management (KM)?
Guglielmo Marconi Critical Criteria:
Coach on Guglielmo Marconi engagements and probe the present value of growth of Guglielmo Marconi.
– How important is VoIP to the user organizations mission?
– How is the value delivered by VoIP being measured?
– Are we Assessing VoIP and Risk?
Inter-Asterisk eXchange Critical Criteria:
Dissect Inter-Asterisk eXchange visions and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Inter-Asterisk eXchange information.
– Are there recognized VoIP problems?
– Is the scope of VoIP defined?
Local number portability Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Local number portability leadership and cater for concise Local number portability education.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if VoIP does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Who needs to know about VoIP ?
Computer-mediated communication Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Computer-mediated communication results and display thorough understanding of the Computer-mediated communication process.
– How can you negotiate VoIP successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Who will provide the final approval of VoIP deliverables?
Communication software Critical Criteria:
Design Communication software goals and achieve a single Communication software view and bringing data together.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding VoIP?
– What are the disruptive VoIP technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Does VoIP appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Circuit switched Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Circuit switched management and separate what are the business goals Circuit switched is aiming to achieve.
– What management system can we use to leverage the VoIP experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do we Identify specific VoIP investment and emerging trends?
– How much does VoIP help?
Electronic mailing list Critical Criteria:
Pilot Electronic mailing list quality and find out.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a VoIP project?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the VoIP requirements in detail?
Power line communication Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Power line communication engagements and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Power line communication.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your VoIP processes?
Internet forum Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Internet forum decisions and oversee implementation of Internet forum.
– Will VoIP have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– What are current VoIP Paradigms?
Broadband Internet access Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Broadband Internet access strategies and perfect Broadband Internet access conflict management.
– What is our formula for success in VoIP ?
Opportunistic encryption Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Opportunistic encryption issues and get answers.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic VoIP objectives?
Web-based VoIP Critical Criteria:
Read up on Web-based VoIP projects and optimize Web-based VoIP leadership as a key to advancement.
– How do we ensure that implementations of VoIP products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– To what extent does management recognize VoIP as a tool to increase the results?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a VoIP study?
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
X-ray Mobile phone governance and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Mobile phone.
– Why are VoIP skills important?
Off-premises extension Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Off-premises extension strategies and find out.
– What are our best practices for minimizing VoIP project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the VoIP project lifecycle?
– How do your measurements capture actionable VoIP information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
Instant messaging Critical Criteria:
Infer Instant messaging planning and interpret which customers can’t participate in Instant messaging because they lack skills.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about VoIP. How do we gain traction?
– Are you looking for a vendor to provide instant messaging built into the solution so users of the system can instant message each other?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once VoIP is underway?
– Does our organization need more VoIP education?
Web chat Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Web chat adoptions and secure Web chat creativity.
– How do we know that any VoIP analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Saudi Arabia Critical Criteria:
Confer re Saudi Arabia visions and find out.
– How do we maintain VoIPs Integrity?
– What are our VoIP Processes?
Audio codec Critical Criteria:
Drive Audio codec strategies and integrate design thinking in Audio codec innovation.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations VoIP values?
– Is the VoIP organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– Will VoIP deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
RTP Control Protocol Critical Criteria:
Grasp RTP Control Protocol quality and forecast involvement of future RTP Control Protocol projects in development.
– How do we Improve VoIP service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are internal and external VoIP relations?
– What is our VoIP Strategy?
Level 3 Communications Critical Criteria:
Understand Level 3 Communications planning and transcribe Level 3 Communications as tomorrows backbone for success.
– What are specific VoIP Rules to follow?
Direct inbound dialing Critical Criteria:
Discuss Direct inbound dialing engagements and acquire concise Direct inbound dialing education.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a VoIP process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the VoIP process available?
Asynchronous conferencing Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Asynchronous conferencing management and slay a dragon.
Ethernet over coax Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Ethernet over coax adoptions and define what do we need to start doing with Ethernet over coax.
– Is VoIP Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– Is Supporting VoIP documentation required?
Capillary routing Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Capillary routing risks and cater for concise Capillary routing education.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our VoIP agendas for the next 3 years?
– Are accountability and ownership for VoIP clearly defined?
Session border controller Critical Criteria:
Boost Session border controller management and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Session border controller.
Timeline of communication technology Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Timeline of communication technology tactics and look for lots of ideas.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your VoIP strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Consider your own VoIP project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
Internet Relay Chat Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Internet Relay Chat tactics and raise human resource and employment practices for Internet Relay Chat.
– Can we add value to the current VoIP decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this VoIP process?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your VoIP activities?
Transmission line Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Transmission line failures and pay attention to the small things.
– Think of your VoIP project. what are the main functions?
– Why should we adopt a VoIP framework?
Type 1 encryption Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Type 1 encryption tasks and tour deciding if Type 1 encryption progress is made.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once VoIP is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Is maximizing VoIP protection the same as minimizing VoIP loss?
– How can skill-level changes improve VoIP?
Cable modem Critical Criteria:
Scan Cable modem decisions and research ways can we become the Cable modem company that would put us out of business.
– Does VoIP include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that VoIP objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– In a project to restructure VoIP outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Plain old telephone service Critical Criteria:
Trace Plain old telephone service adoptions and spearhead techniques for implementing Plain old telephone service.
– What is the source of the strategies for VoIP strengthening and reform?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in VoIP?
Radio wave Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Radio wave strategies and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Radio wave results.
Nuisance call Critical Criteria:
Dissect Nuisance call tactics and devise Nuisance call key steps.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate VoIP delivery for example is new software needed?
– Are there VoIP Models?
Wireless network Critical Criteria:
Think about Wireless network leadership and improve Wireless network service perception.
– If wireless technology is used, do perimeter firewalls exist between wireless networks and the payment card environment?
– Do those selected for the VoIP team have a good general understanding of what VoIP is all about?
– What percentage of classrooms in the school has access to the schools wireless network?
– Does VoIP analysis show the relationships among important VoIP factors?
– How will you know that the VoIP project has been successful?
Missed call Critical Criteria:
Steer Missed call results and correct better engagement with Missed call results.
– Among the VoIP product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Quality of Service Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Quality of Service quality and work towards be a leading Quality of Service expert.
– Is there a VoIP Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What level of service or quality of service should the customer expect?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– How do we Lead with VoIP in Mind?
– Quality of Service Met?
– Is the Quality of Service met?
– Is our Quality of Service Met?
Online discussion Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Online discussion engagements and triple focus on important concepts of Online discussion relationship management.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which VoIP models, tools and techniques are necessary?
VoIP recording Critical Criteria:
See the value of VoIP recording adoptions and perfect VoIP recording conflict management.
– How do we measure improved VoIP service perception, and satisfaction?
– Are assumptions made in VoIP stated explicitly?
Philo Farnsworth Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Philo Farnsworth projects and check on ways to get started with Philo Farnsworth.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the VoIP process?
High bit rate audio video over Internet Protocol Critical Criteria:
Adapt High bit rate audio video over Internet Protocol goals and explain and analyze the challenges of High bit rate audio video over Internet Protocol.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of VoIP into the services that we provide?
– Can we do VoIP without complex (expensive) analysis?
ATM Adaptation Layer 5 Critical Criteria:
Read up on ATM Adaptation Layer 5 decisions and innovate what needs to be done with ATM Adaptation Layer 5.
– What potential environmental factors impact the VoIP effort?
Internet fax Critical Criteria:
Grasp Internet fax strategies and correct Internet fax management by competencies.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing VoIP?
– How do we keep improving VoIP?
Denial-of-service attack Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Denial-of-service attack outcomes and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Denial-of-service attack is getting what it needs.
– IDS/IPS traffic pattern analysis can often detect or block attacks such as a denial-of-service attack or a network scan. However, in some cases this is legitimate traffic (such as using cloud infrastructure for load testing or security testing). Does the cloud provider have a documented exception process for allowing legitimate traffic that the IDS/IPS flags as an attack pattern?
– Is the provider able to withstand and adapt to high-traffic attacks, such as Distributed Denial-of-Service attacks?
– How would one define VoIP leadership?
– How can the value of VoIP be defined?
Bulletin board system Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Bulletin board system outcomes and research ways can we become the Bulletin board system company that would put us out of business.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether VoIP goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What about VoIP Analysis of results?
Cellular network Critical Criteria:
Focus on Cellular network leadership and document what potential Cellular network megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent VoIP services/products?
Mobile data Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Mobile data visions and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Mobile data results.
– In what ways are VoIP vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
Transmission Control Protocol Critical Criteria:
Reason over Transmission Control Protocol failures and differentiate in coordinating Transmission Control Protocol.
– What are our needs in relation to VoIP skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Proprietary protocol Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Proprietary protocol planning and perfect Proprietary protocol conflict management.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of VoIP moving forward?
Digital subscriber line Critical Criteria:
Discuss Digital subscriber line management and get the big picture.
– Think about the functions involved in your VoIP project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the Essentials of Internal VoIP Management?
Universal service Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Universal service visions and overcome Universal service skills and management ineffectiveness.
Voice VPN Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Voice VPN issues and slay a dragon.
– Have the types of risks that may impact VoIP been identified and analyzed?
Social network service Critical Criteria:
Discourse Social network service risks and correct Social network service management by competencies.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these VoIP processes?
– What are the long-term VoIP goals?
– What is Effective VoIP?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the VoIP Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
VoIP External links:
Control Center : VoIP Portal
[PDF]What is? VoIP – AT&T Business
Differentiated services External links:
Carrier Ethernet: Part 3 – Differentiated Services – YouTube
Data link layer External links:
L2CCNA1 Ch7 – Data Link Layer Flashcards | Quizlet
MAC Layer Explained: The Top Sublayer Of Data Link Layer
Layer 2 – Data Link Layer Overview – Cybrary
Integrated Services Digital Network External links:
[PDF]A42. INTEGRATED SERVICES DIGITAL NETWORK …
[PDF]10. Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) Services …
ISDN | integrated services digital network – YouTube
Molecular communication External links:
DIRECT: A model for molecular communication …
Molecular communication among biological …
Wide area network External links:
Repeater List | WANRS – Wide Area Network Repeater System
Wide Area Network (WAN) | North Dakota ITD
Wide area network | computer science | Britannica.com
Guglielmo Marconi External links:
Ulisse – Guglielmo Marconi – YouTube
Guglielmo Marconi – Inventions – HISTORY.com
Guglielmo Marconi | Italian physicist | Britannica.com
Inter-Asterisk eXchange External links:
Inter-Asterisk eXchange (IAX) Parameters – iana.org
Inter-Asterisk eXchange protocol by on Prezi
Local number portability External links:
AT&T LNP Port Out Procedures| Local Number Portability …
Callcentric FAQ – Local Number Portability
Local Number Portability (LNP) Check – Callcentric
Communication software External links:
Visual Communication Software | TechSmith
RaidCall-100% FREE Group Communication Software- IM, …
GuideSpark – The Employee Communication Software Leader
Circuit switched External links:
[PDF]EIS Service Guide: Circuit Switched Data Service (CSDS)
[PDF]EIS Service Guide: Circuit Switched Voice Service (CSVS)
CSFB – Circuit Switched Fallback – laroccasolutions
Electronic mailing list External links:
DOR Electronic Mailing List Confirmation
Clinical Nutrition Management DPG – Electronic Mailing List
Electronic Mailing List Subscription Form
Power line communication External links:
Power line communication using a signal wire – YouTube
What is Power Line Communication? | EE Times
Internet forum External links:
How to Behave On an Internet Forum: 13 Steps (with Pictures)
Viagra Im Internet Forum | DXSpharmacy
Acheter Cialis Internet Forum | OnlineDrugStore | BestPrice!
Broadband Internet access External links:
Broadband Internet Access Services – Pine Belt …
Town Hall On Broadband Internet Access, September 19, …
Opportunistic encryption External links:
Disable Opportunistic Encryption (recipient-based …
On Opportunistic Encryption — Adam Caudill
[PDF]Opportunistic Encryption: A Trade-Off between Security …
Mobile phone External links:
See shopping results for mobile phone
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
Instant messaging External links:
CME Pivot Instant Messaging Platform – CME Group
Business Instant Messaging Software | LivePerson
ICE Instant Messaging
Web chat External links:
CC Elite Multichannel Web Chat – Conversation
SAMSUNG United State – Web Chat
North State Web Chat
Saudi Arabia External links:
Holidays and observances in Saudi Arabia in 2018
Welcome to My WU℠ | Saudi Arabia| Western Union®
Audio codec External links:
FLAC-Free Lossless Audio Codec download | …
http://sourceforge.net › … › Audio & Video › Sound/Audio › CD Audio
Jan 01, 2017 · Download FLAC-Free Lossless Audio Codec for free. FLAC is a free lossless compressed audio format which supports streaming and …
Realtek’s free High Definition Audio Codec pack enables stereo digital audio at resolutions up to 24-bit/192kHz, as well as 5.1-channel Dolby Digital audio.
RTP Control Protocol External links:
RTP Control Protocol Extended Reports (RTCP XR) Block …
What is a RTP Control Protocol (RTCP) | SDNCentral
RTCP, RTP Control Protocol – Network Sorcery
Level 3 Communications External links:
Level 3 Communications
Level 3 Communications | Network Services
Level 3 Communications | Webhosting Portal | Webmail Login
Direct inbound dialing External links:
DID abbreviation stands for Direct Inbound Dialing
How to configure Direct Inbound Dialing with sipX – APE TEC
direct inbound dialing | DIDX BLOG
Ethernet over coax External links:
Amazon.com: Actiontec Ethernet over Coax Adapter Kit for Homes without MoCA Routers: Electronics
Ethernet Over Coax | Ethernet Over Copper | Pelco
Amazon.com: Dualcomm Ethernet over Coax (EoC) Adapters (DECA-100) – Twin Pack: Computers & Accessories
Capillary routing External links:
capillary routing Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket
Session border controller External links:
3CX Tunnel / 3CX Session Border Controller
Installing the 3CX SBC (Session Border Controller) for …
[PDF]Avaya Session Border Controller for Enterprise 7.2 …
Timeline of communication technology External links:
Timeline of communication technology – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Timeline of communication technology
Timeline of Communication Technology – Prezi
timeline of communication technology | Documentine.com
Internet Relay Chat External links:
Internet Relay Chat
http://Internet Relay Chat (IRC) is an application layer protocol that facilitates the transfer of messages in the form of text. The chat process works on a client/server networking model. IRC clients are computer programs that a user can install on their system. These clients communicate with chat servers to transfer messages to other clients.
Internet Relay Chat! (Announcements, Support, QDB)
Internet Relay Chat | chaukeedaar’s blog
Transmission line External links:
What is a Transmission Line? (with picture) – wiseGEEK
Cable modem External links:
Amazon.com: Next-Generation ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem – Retail Packaging- White: Computers & Accessories
SURFboard DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem & Wi-Fi Router …
Free 2-day shipping. Buy Motorola MB8600 Ultra Fast DOCSIS Cable Modem at Walmart.com
Plain old telephone service External links:
Plain old telephone service – YouTube
About POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service) – DialMyCalls.com
Radio wave External links:
What type of wave is a radio wave – Answers.com
radio wave | Examples, Uses, Facts, & Range | Britannica.com
Tuning a Radio Wave Receiver – Microscope
Nuisance call External links:
ShoreTel Nuisance Call Handler – CDW.com
http://www.cdw.com › … › PBX/Multi-User Telephony Systems › PBX Software
Blocking a nuisance call | Verizon Community
Setting Up BT8610 Quad Premium Nuisance Call Blocker – …
Wireless network External links:
How to set up Wireless Network Connection in Windows …
Setting up a wireless network – Windows Help
AT&T MicroCell Wireless Network Extender
Missed call External links:
Missed Call Facility – Bank of Baroda
Missed call/ call forwarding | Verizon Community
One Missed Call – Trailer 1 – YouTube
Quality of Service External links:
How To Measure Quality of Service | Service Quality
QoS Tools and Settings: Quality of Service (QoS)
What is Quality of Service (QoS)? – Definition from Techopedia
Online discussion External links:
Online Discussion Groups – ABA – ABA – Home
Thoughtexchange | Online Discussion and Engagement …
Iron Disorders Institute:: Online Discussion Group
VoIP recording External links:
[PDF]Successfully Transitioning to VoIP Recording – …
VoIP Recording Software – voip-info.org
VoIP Recording Systems: Record IP Voice in Call Centers
Philo Farnsworth External links:
Philo Farnsworth | American inventor | Britannica.com
Philo Farnsworth – NNDB
Philo Farnsworth Elementary School | TypingClub Login
ATM Adaptation Layer 5 External links:
AAL5 – ATM Adaptation Layer 5 – Mpirical
AAL5, ATM Adaptation Layer 5 – Network Sorcery
An implementation for ATM Adaptation Layer 5 – ScienceDirect
Internet fax External links:
MyFax | Send & Receive Faxes Online | Internet Fax Service
HIPAA Compliant Fax | Secure Internet Fax | Sfax
Internet Fax Service Log In – MetroFax
Denial-of-service attack External links:
What is denial-of-service attack? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Bulletin board system External links:
Campbellton Bulletin Board System Public Group | Facebook
Bulletin Board System Network – Home | Facebook
Next Thing Co. – Bulletin Board System
Cellular network External links:
Check your cellular network coverage | Pod Trackers
Cellular Router – Ethernet to Cellular Network | Moxa
Mobile data External links:
Business Mobile Data Plans – AT&T Premier Business Center
BYOD T-Mobile data & APN settings | T-Mobile Support
GigSky World Mobile Data – Global Data Connectivity Solutions
Transmission Control Protocol External links:
TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) Explained – Lifewire
Transmission Control Protocol – technet.microsoft.com
Proprietary protocol External links:
Proprietary protocol legal definition of proprietary protocol
Digital subscriber line External links:
AT&T Digital Subscriber Line: Getting Started
DSL: Digital Subscriber Line Internet Service – Lifewire
Universal service External links:
[PDF]Allegheny Power Universal Service Program Design – PUC
[PDF]Universal Service Administrative Company
Voice VPN External links:
Voice VPN – Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
Social network service External links:
SNS (Social network service) – definition – GSMArena.com
Nurien Software’s Social Network Service. Nurien. – YouTube
ALI 6800 Social Network Service – Google+ – plus.google.com