What is involved in PaaS
Find out what the related areas are that PaaS connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a PaaS thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Serverless PaaS journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Serverless PaaS leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which PaaS related domains to cover and 146 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
PaaS, G Suite, Canon Inc., Software as a service, Yankee Group, Cloud computing security, Google Cloud Platform, Message Queue, Google App Engine, Computer memory, PaaS, Data center, Beta launch, Oracle Cloud Platform, Virtual private cloud, Forrester Research, SAP Cloud Platform, Zoho Corporation, Apache CloudStack, Comparison of structured storage software, Google Docs, Sheets and Slides, HPE Helion, Operating system, Cloud Foundry, Old Street, Cloud computing, Computing platform, Microsoft Online Services, Red Hat, The Guardian, IBM cloud computing, Engine Yard, Serverless computing, Pivotal Software, Network as a service, Microsoft Azure, Platform as a service, HP Cloud, Distributed file system for cloud, Software appliance, Runtime system:
PaaS Critical Criteria:
Inquire about PaaS visions and oversee PaaS management by competencies.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about PaaS. How do we gain traction?
– Are there existing offerings in the SaaS, IaaS, or PaaS spaces which can potentially provide what we need?
– Do you really care about the Service Level Agreement sla of your underlying cloud platform paas or iaas?
– Think about the functions involved in your PaaS project. what processes flow from these functions?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our PaaS agendas for the next 3 years?
– Does the migration include any PaaS solutions?
G Suite Critical Criteria:
Generalize G Suite tactics and improve G Suite service perception.
– Have all basic functions of PaaS been defined?
– Why should we adopt a PaaS framework?
– How would one define PaaS leadership?
Canon Inc. Critical Criteria:
Study Canon Inc. failures and gather Canon Inc. models .
– In a project to restructure PaaS outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– What is the purpose of PaaS in relation to the mission?
– What are the long-term PaaS goals?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Software as a service decisions and question.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding PaaS?
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with PaaS ?
– Have the types of risks that may impact PaaS been identified and analyzed?
Yankee Group Critical Criteria:
Reason over Yankee Group leadership and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Yankee Group information.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent PaaS services/products?
– Do those selected for the PaaS team have a good general understanding of what PaaS is all about?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the PaaS requirements in detail?
Cloud computing security Critical Criteria:
Boost Cloud computing security governance and slay a dragon.
– Is there a PaaS Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of PaaS moving forward?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing PaaS?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
Google Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Google Cloud Platform issues and separate what are the business goals Google Cloud Platform is aiming to achieve.
– Who sets the PaaS standards?
– How can the value of PaaS be defined?
– Are there PaaS problems defined?
Message Queue Critical Criteria:
Value Message Queue risks and maintain Message Queue for success.
– Think about the people you identified for your PaaS project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its PaaS processes?
– How can skill-level changes improve PaaS?
Google App Engine Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Google App Engine goals and interpret which customers can’t participate in Google App Engine because they lack skills.
– Does PaaS include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of PaaS activities?
Computer memory Critical Criteria:
Debate over Computer memory outcomes and attract Computer memory skills.
– To what extent does management recognize PaaS as a tool to increase the results?
– Is a PaaS Team Work effort in place?
– How do we Lead with PaaS in Mind?
PaaS Critical Criteria:
Discourse PaaS planning and finalize specific methods for PaaS acceptance.
– Are we Assessing PaaS and Risk?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Data center projects and explore and align the progress in Data center.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a PaaS process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the PaaS process available?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– Do any countries force cloud based companies to house data within that countrys data centers?
– Should the dataset be deposited in a national, international or discipline-based data center?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– In what ways are PaaS vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– Is the priority of system restores documented in the disaster recovery plan?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– How many data center sites do you have?
– How do we go about Securing PaaS?
Beta launch Critical Criteria:
Explore Beta launch engagements and report on setting up Beta launch without losing ground.
– Can we add value to the current PaaS decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Have you identified your PaaS key performance indicators?
Oracle Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Oracle Cloud Platform tasks and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Oracle Cloud Platform information.
– Can we do PaaS without complex (expensive) analysis?
– What are the Essentials of Internal PaaS Management?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
Define Virtual private cloud results and clarify ways to gain access to competitive Virtual private cloud services.
– How do we ensure that implementations of PaaS products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting PaaS with what users do day-to-day?
Forrester Research Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Forrester Research leadership and track iterative Forrester Research results.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your PaaS project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– When a PaaS manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we Improve PaaS service perception, and satisfaction?
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Accommodate SAP Cloud Platform governance and get the big picture.
– In the case of a PaaS project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a PaaS project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any PaaS project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a PaaS strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
Zoho Corporation Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Zoho Corporation governance and define what do we need to start doing with Zoho Corporation.
– What management system can we use to leverage the PaaS experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are our needs in relation to PaaS skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Apache CloudStack results and probe Apache CloudStack strategic alliances.
– What business benefits will PaaS goals deliver if achieved?
– What are the Key enablers to make this PaaS move?
– What is our PaaS Strategy?
Comparison of structured storage software Critical Criteria:
Group Comparison of structured storage software planning and remodel and develop an effective Comparison of structured storage software strategy.
– What potential environmental factors impact the PaaS effort?
– How do we manage PaaS Knowledge Management (KM)?
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Google Docs, Sheets and Slides leadership and check on ways to get started with Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for PaaS strengthening and reform actually originate?
– What about PaaS Analysis of results?
HPE Helion Critical Criteria:
Graph HPE Helion quality and give examples utilizing a core of simple HPE Helion skills.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to PaaS? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing PaaS? There might be some that are less obvious?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Operating system failures and finalize the present value of growth of Operating system.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic PaaS objectives?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
Cloud Foundry Critical Criteria:
Study Cloud Foundry risks and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Cloud Foundry results.
– Does PaaS systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Who needs to know about PaaS ?
Old Street Critical Criteria:
Pilot Old Street goals and track iterative Old Street results.
– How will you measure your PaaS effectiveness?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Talk about Cloud computing tactics and don’t overlook the obvious.
– The lack of research tools is unfortunate given that even the most fundamental questions are still unanswered: what is the right distributed architecture for a cloudcomputing system?
– How will you exercise control over the data within the cloud to ensure that the data are available and that confidentiality and integrity of the data remain protected?
– With the increasing adoption of cloud computing do you think enterprise architecture as a discipline will become more or less important to us and why?
– There are issues relating to policy and access. if your data is stored abroad whose policy do you adhere to?
– Are the risks associated with cloud computing actually higher than the risks enterprises are facing today?
– What are the key business and technical challenges of transitioning to a cloud computing strategy?
– What is the name of the organization helping to foster security standards for cloud computing?
– What are the implications of cloud computing to enterprise application integration?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– What are the ways in which cloud computing and big data can work together?
– Have you taken into account the vulnerabilities of the cloud solution?
– How will cloud computing affect traditional recovery services?
– What is the importance of standards-based cloud computing?
– Is there any recourses about cloud computing performance?
– What are some standards emerging around cloud computing?
– What are the usability issues around cloud computing?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
– Why is cloud security such a big challenge?
– Fedramp approved/compliant?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Computing platform tasks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Computing platform projects.
– For your PaaS project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
Microsoft Online Services Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Microsoft Online Services strategies and catalog Microsoft Online Services activities.
– How important is PaaS to the user organizations mission?
Red Hat Critical Criteria:
Align Red Hat visions and forecast involvement of future Red Hat projects in development.
– How do we maintain PaaSs Integrity?
The Guardian Critical Criteria:
Sort The Guardian management and look in other fields.
– How can you negotiate PaaS successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Does PaaS analysis show the relationships among important PaaS factors?
– Is maximizing PaaS protection the same as minimizing PaaS loss?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize IBM cloud computing risks and correct IBM cloud computing management by competencies.
– How do we measure improved PaaS service perception, and satisfaction?
Engine Yard Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Engine Yard failures and perfect Engine Yard conflict management.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the PaaS process?
– What is our formula for success in PaaS ?
Serverless computing Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Serverless computing failures and look at the big picture.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the PaaS process?
– Think of your PaaS project. what are the main functions?
Pivotal Software Critical Criteria:
Systematize Pivotal Software outcomes and prioritize challenges of Pivotal Software.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new PaaS in a volatile global economy?
– Do the PaaS decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Does PaaS appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Network as a service Critical Criteria:
Frame Network as a service planning and catalog Network as a service activities.
– What are the disruptive PaaS technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Derive from Microsoft Azure outcomes and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Microsoft Azure projects.
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Platform as a service decisions and improve Platform as a service service perception.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these PaaS processes?
– What will drive PaaS change?
HP Cloud Critical Criteria:
Drive HP Cloud decisions and find the essential reading for HP Cloud researchers.
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Distributed file system for cloud governance and tour deciding if Distributed file system for cloud progress is made.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once PaaS is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your PaaS activities?
Software appliance Critical Criteria:
Deduce Software appliance goals and correct better engagement with Software appliance results.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a PaaS project?
– How likely is the current PaaS plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
Runtime system Critical Criteria:
Rank Runtime system risks and acquire concise Runtime system education.
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Serverless PaaS Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
PaaS External links:
Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas (2018) – IMDb
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Aas Paas (1981) – IMDb
G Suite External links:
G Suite Marketplace
G Suite – Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar and More for Business
G Suite – Google+
Canon Inc. External links:
CAJ Annual Income Statement – Canon Inc. ADR Annual …
Canon Inc. – NYSE:CAJ – Stock Quote & News – TheStreet
CAJ Interactive Stock Chart | Canon Inc. Stock – Yahoo Finance
Software as a service External links:
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
Software as a Service (SaaS) | Oracle
Yankee Group External links:
Yankee Group – Company – 123 Photos | Facebook
Yankee Group chief steps down – CNET
Yankee Group Careers and Employment | Indeed.com
Cloud computing security External links:
[PDF]NIST Cloud Computing Security Reference …
Cloud Computing Security – Google Cloud
New Zealand Government Cloud Computing Security …
Google Cloud Platform External links:
Google Cloud Platform – Google Developers Console
Google Cloud Platform Podcast
Google Cloud Platform
Message Queue External links:
Setting Up a Message Queue – technet.microsoft.com
Anypoint MQ | Message Queue Services | MuleSoft
What is a Message Queue? – Definition from Techopedia
Google App Engine External links:
Developing Scalable Apps with Google App Engine | …
Google App Engine – Download
Google App Engine Documentation – Google Cloud Platform
Computer memory External links:
How to test computer memory to determine if it’s bad
Computer Memory | DDR4 DDR RAM Upgrades | Crucial.com
Computer Memory and PC RAM – Newegg.com
PaaS External links:
[PDF]Cloud Computing (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas (2018) – IMDb
Data center External links:
ADE Data Center – Home
Data Center | Federal Student Aid
Login | Little League® Data Center
Beta launch External links:
Open Beta Launch on January 30, 2018 – Lunyr – Medium
Jet Beta launch – BI – Business Insider
Oracle Cloud Platform External links:
Oracle Cloud Platform 事例動画：システムサポート様 – YouTube
[PDF]Redefining What’s Possible with Oracle Cloud Platform
Virtual private cloud External links:
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) | Google Cloud Platform
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud – Official Site
Virtual Network – Virtual Private Cloud | Microsoft Azure
Forrester Research External links:
Forrester Research and Studies – Blackbaud
FORR : Summary for Forrester Research, Inc. – Yahoo …
Forrester Research · Forrester
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
Overview | SAP Cloud Platform
Pricing & Packaging | SAP Cloud Platform
Cloud-Native Operations with SAP Cloud Platform | openSAP
Zoho Corporation External links:
GDPR Compliance Corporate Statement | Zoho Corporation
Zoho Corporation Events | Eventbrite
Apache CloudStack External links:
Apache CloudStack: Open Source Cloud Computing
GitHub – apache/cloudstack: Mirror of Apache Cloudstack
Comparison of structured storage software External links:
comparison of structured storage software Pictures, …
http://photobucket.com/images/comparison of structured storage software
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides External links:
Google Docs, Sheets and Slides – Adelphi University
HPE Helion External links:
HPE Helion Stackato Documentation — HPE Helion Stackato …
Login – HPE Helion OpenStack
Operating system External links:
EOS – Entrepreneurial Operating System for Small …
nCino Bank Operating System
KAR Management Operating System (MOS) – Login
Cloud Foundry External links:
Learn about the Quick Start architecture and details for deploying Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on AWS
http://docs-cloudfoundry-concepts/overview.html.md.erb at …
[PDF]Cloud Foundry Architecture Presentation – Allan Tokuda
Cloud Foundry (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
Old Street External links:
Old Street Office Space – 41 Corsham St. | WeWork
Tamsui [Danshui] Old Street (淡水老街) | Guide to Taipei.com
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Computing platform External links:
DeepBrainChain: Decentralized AI Computing Platform
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
In-Memory Computing Platform | GigaSpaces
Microsoft Online Services External links:
Microsoft Online Services
Download Microsoft Online Services Sign-In Assistant …
Microsoft Online Services Customer Portal
Red Hat External links:
Red Hat Society – Official Site
Red Hat Customer Portal
Find a Red Hat Partner
The Guardian External links:
Memorial of the Guardian Angels – usccb.org
Job search | Inspiring careers on the Guardian Jobs site
The Guardian (@guardian) | Twitter
IBM cloud computing External links:
F5 and IBM Cloud Computing Reference Architecture: …
Engine Yard External links:
Engine Yard: Log In or Sign Up
Engine Yard (@engineyard) | Twitter
The Engine Yard Retail Village – Belvoir Castle
Serverless computing External links:
What is Serverless Computing? – Quora
Serverless Computing | Microsoft Azure
Pivotal Software External links:
Pivotal software – Capgemini
Pivotal Software, Inc. | Pluralsight
Pivotal Software – Field Engineering · GitHub
Network as a service External links:
Enterprise Network as a Service | Meta Networks
Network as a Service (NaaS) | Masergy
Blue Pillar Launches Energy Network as a Service – YouTube
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
Platform as a service External links:
What is iPaaS? – Integration Platform as a Service
Platform as a Service / MN IT Services
Cloud Migration Platform as a Service | SaaS Platform
HP Cloud External links:
HP Cloud Services – Google+
An introduction to the HP Cloud – TechRepublic
Using HP Cloud Recovery Client – YouTube
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
Distributed file system for cloud – Revolvy
https://broom02.revolvy.com/topic/Distributed file system for cloud
MeshFS: A distributed file system for cloud-based …
Distributed file system for cloud – wireless-toolkit.com
Runtime system External links:
What is RUNTIME SYSTEM? What does RUNTIME SYSTEM …
CODESYS Control: Runtime system for IEC 61131-3 PLCs
A runtime system refers to the collection of software and hardware resources that enable a software program to be executed on a computer system. The runtime system is a composite mechanism designed to provide program execution services, regardless of the programming language being used.