What is involved in Application Server
Find out what the related areas are that Application Server connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Application Server thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Application Server journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Application Server leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Application Server related domains to cover and 139 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Application Server, Phusion Passenger, Web worker, Front and back ends, Internet Information Services, XAML Browser Applications, TNAPS Application Server, Mobile app, Document Object Model, Netscape Server Application Programming Interface, Browser Helper Object, Dynamic HTML, Browser extension, Mod perl, Google Native Client, Windows Server, Dynamic web page, Load balancing, W3C Geolocation API, Server-sent events, Internet Server Application Programming Interface, Java EE, Mod jk, Computer hardware, Simple Common Gateway Interface, Web container, Application Server, HTTP handler, Server-side scripting, On-premises software, Online and offline, Web application, Application service provider, Hypertext Transfer Protocol, Mod mono, Representational state transfer, Encrypted Media Extensions, Apache Geronimo, Portlet container, Mod parrot, JavaServer Pages, Apache HTTP Server, Java Message Service, Web storage, Platform as a service, Base4 Application Server, Mod ruby, Mod wsgi, Web Server, Web API, Business logic, Java servlet, Client-side scripting, Runtime library, HTML5 video, Khronos Group, Enterprise JavaBeans:
Application Server Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Application Server projects and observe effective Application Server.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Application Server information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Application Server process?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Application Server been identified and analyzed?
Phusion Passenger Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Phusion Passenger strategies and cater for concise Phusion Passenger education.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Application Server goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Does Application Server create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Web worker Critical Criteria:
Adapt Web worker management and revise understanding of Web worker architectures.
– How likely is the current Application Server plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Does Application Server appropriately measure and monitor risk?
– What is our Application Server Strategy?
Front and back ends Critical Criteria:
Steer Front and back ends engagements and find answers.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Application Server is underway?
– Who needs to know about Application Server ?
– What about Application Server Analysis of results?
Internet Information Services Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Internet Information Services leadership and shift your focus.
– Do the Application Server decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Application Server that make it risky?
– Do we all define Application Server in the same way?
XAML Browser Applications Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on XAML Browser Applications engagements and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive XAML Browser Applications decisions.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Application Server? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are internal and external Application Server relations?
– Why should we adopt a Application Server framework?
TNAPS Application Server Critical Criteria:
Talk about TNAPS Application Server leadership and find out.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Application Server process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Application Server process available?
– Is there any existing Application Server governance structure?
Mobile app Critical Criteria:
Probe Mobile app tactics and customize techniques for implementing Mobile app controls.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Application Server product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– If web or mobile app is used, has the website been developed in accordance with hopkins and or owasp guidance and is the site actively maintained and updated (see hopkins web checklist)?
– How important is Application Server to the user organizations mission?
– What are the steps to take when developing a mobile application?
Document Object Model Critical Criteria:
Learn from Document Object Model risks and acquire concise Document Object Model education.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Application Server project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– In a project to restructure Application Server outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Who sets the Application Server standards?
Netscape Server Application Programming Interface Critical Criteria:
Talk about Netscape Server Application Programming Interface planning and cater for concise Netscape Server Application Programming Interface education.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Application Server process?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Application Server forward?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Application Server project?
Browser Helper Object Critical Criteria:
Discuss Browser Helper Object risks and ask what if.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Application Server ?
Dynamic HTML Critical Criteria:
Investigate Dynamic HTML outcomes and ask what if.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding Application Server?
– Do we monitor the Application Server decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Browser extension Critical Criteria:
Jump start Browser extension planning and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Browser extension information.
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Application Server values?
– Who will provide the final approval of Application Server deliverables?
– What are the business goals Application Server is aiming to achieve?
Mod perl Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Mod perl issues and probe Mod perl strategic alliances.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Application Server objectives?
– Do we have past Application Server Successes?
Google Native Client Critical Criteria:
See the value of Google Native Client management and perfect Google Native Client conflict management.
– What is the source of the strategies for Application Server strengthening and reform?
Windows Server Critical Criteria:
Nurse Windows Server goals and ask what if.
– What are the key elements of your Application Server performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Do server configuration and management follow a build and/or configuration checklist approved by the hopkins icsc (e.g. windows server security standards)?
– Which of my servers are capable of migrating to Windows Server 2008 R2, or can be virtualized using Hyper-V?
– How can you negotiate Application Server successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– Windows server security standards?
– Is Application Server Required?
Dynamic web page Critical Criteria:
Inquire about Dynamic web page planning and get out your magnifying glass.
– Have you identified your Application Server key performance indicators?
– How do we manage Application Server Knowledge Management (KM)?
Load balancing Critical Criteria:
Confer over Load balancing planning and acquire concise Load balancing education.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Application Server leader?
– Have all basic functions of Application Server been defined?
– What is a feature of dns server load balancing?
– What are specific Application Server Rules to follow?
– What load balancing technique should we use?
W3C Geolocation API Critical Criteria:
Accelerate W3C Geolocation API visions and adopt an insight outlook.
– Which customers cant participate in our Application Server domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Is Supporting Application Server documentation required?
Server-sent events Critical Criteria:
Explore Server-sent events visions and slay a dragon.
– Does Application Server analysis show the relationships among important Application Server factors?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Application Server?
Internet Server Application Programming Interface Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Internet Server Application Programming Interface planning and report on developing an effective Internet Server Application Programming Interface strategy.
– Are there Application Server problems defined?
Java EE Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Java EE tasks and point out improvements in Java EE.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Application Server products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Application Server processes of our organization?
– How will you know that the Application Server project has been successful?
Mod jk Critical Criteria:
Check Mod jk strategies and finalize the present value of growth of Mod jk.
– What are our needs in relation to Application Server skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Application Server project manager?
Computer hardware Critical Criteria:
Gauge Computer hardware risks and change contexts.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Application Server?
Simple Common Gateway Interface Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Simple Common Gateway Interface outcomes and get the big picture.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Application Server study?
Web container Critical Criteria:
Participate in Web container results and triple focus on important concepts of Web container relationship management.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Application Server models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– When a Application Server manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Think of your Application Server project. what are the main functions?
Application Server Critical Criteria:
Reason over Application Server quality and differentiate in coordinating Application Server.
– How do we Improve Application Server service perception, and satisfaction?
HTTP handler Critical Criteria:
Adapt HTTP handler planning and acquire concise HTTP handler education.
– How do we keep improving Application Server?
Server-side scripting Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Server-side scripting tasks and give examples utilizing a core of simple Server-side scripting skills.
– Consider your own Application Server project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Does Application Server systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– How do we maintain Application Servers Integrity?
On-premises software Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap On-premises software visions and ask questions.
– Does our organization need more Application Server education?
– How do we go about Comparing Application Server approaches/solutions?
– How to Secure Application Server?
Online and offline Critical Criteria:
Mine Online and offline management and track iterative Online and offline results.
– Does Application Server analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Web application Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Web application leadership and sort Web application activities.
– I keep a record of names; surnames and emails of individuals in a web application. Do these data come under the competence of GDPR? And do both the operator of the web application and I need to treat them that way?
– Are my web application portfolios and databases ready to migrate to the Windows Azure platform?
– Who Is Responsible for Web Application Security in the Cloud?
– How do you approach building a large web application?
– How does IT exploit a Web Application?
Application service provider Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Application service provider decisions and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Application service provider projects.
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Application Server services/products?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Application Server agendas for the next 3 years?
– What are our Application Server Processes?
Hypertext Transfer Protocol Critical Criteria:
Canvass Hypertext Transfer Protocol tasks and look at the big picture.
– Among the Application Server product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Mod mono Critical Criteria:
Scan Mod mono outcomes and assess what counts with Mod mono that we are not counting.
– Does Application Server include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Representational state transfer Critical Criteria:
Boost Representational state transfer issues and achieve a single Representational state transfer view and bringing data together.
– What role does communication play in the success or failure of a Application Server project?
Encrypted Media Extensions Critical Criteria:
Explore Encrypted Media Extensions goals and test out new things.
Apache Geronimo Critical Criteria:
Infer Apache Geronimo failures and diversify disclosure of information – dealing with confidential Apache Geronimo information.
– Why is Application Server important for you now?
Portlet container Critical Criteria:
Be clear about Portlet container tactics and achieve a single Portlet container view and bringing data together.
– Is Application Server dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Mod parrot Critical Criteria:
Meet over Mod parrot leadership and don’t overlook the obvious.
– How do we know that any Application Server analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are current Application Server Paradigms?
JavaServer Pages Critical Criteria:
Study JavaServer Pages tactics and look at it backwards.
– In the case of a Application Server project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Application Server project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Application Server project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Application Server processes?
Apache HTTP Server Critical Criteria:
Infer Apache HTTP Server adoptions and reduce Apache HTTP Server costs.
– How do we go about Securing Application Server?
– Why are Application Server skills important?
Java Message Service Critical Criteria:
See the value of Java Message Service tactics and transcribe Java Message Service as tomorrows backbone for success.
Web storage Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Web storage leadership and mentor Web storage customer orientation.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Application Server activities?
– What threat is Application Server addressing?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Platform as a service goals and revise understanding of Platform as a service architectures.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Application Server workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Base4 Application Server Critical Criteria:
Devise Base4 Application Server tasks and maintain Base4 Application Server for success.
– How can the value of Application Server be defined?
– How would one define Application Server leadership?
Mod ruby Critical Criteria:
Mix Mod ruby governance and know what your objective is.
– What is our formula for success in Application Server ?
Mod wsgi Critical Criteria:
Consider Mod wsgi visions and point out Mod wsgi tensions in leadership.
Web Server Critical Criteria:
Review Web Server strategies and track iterative Web Server results.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Application Server does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Are web servers located on a publicly reachable network segment separated from the internal network by a firewall (dmz)?
– Do we know what we have specified in continuity of operations plans and disaster recovery plans?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Application Server opportunities costing us money?
Web API Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Web API decisions and tour deciding if Web API progress is made.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Application Server? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
Business logic Critical Criteria:
Survey Business logic management and sort Business logic activities.
Java servlet Critical Criteria:
Analyze Java servlet projects and probe using an integrated framework to make sure Java servlet is getting what it needs.
– Is the Application Server organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
Client-side scripting Critical Criteria:
Align Client-side scripting leadership and budget for Client-side scripting challenges.
– Think about the functions involved in your Application Server project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How much does Application Server help?
Runtime library Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Runtime library issues and customize techniques for implementing Runtime library controls.
– Are assumptions made in Application Server stated explicitly?
– Is the scope of Application Server defined?
HTML5 video Critical Criteria:
Group HTML5 video failures and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive HTML5 video decisions.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Application Server leaders?
– What is the purpose of Application Server in relation to the mission?
Khronos Group Critical Criteria:
Probe Khronos Group outcomes and separate what are the business goals Khronos Group is aiming to achieve.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Application Server experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Enterprise JavaBeans Critical Criteria:
Contribute to Enterprise JavaBeans governance and ask what if.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Application Server delivery for example is new software needed?
– Are Enterprise JavaBeans still relevant for enterprise architectures?
– How can you measure Application Server in a systematic way?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Application Server Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Application Server External links:
Oracle Application Server – Welcome
Right Networks Application Server Login
Saipem Logon – SAP Web Application Server
Phusion Passenger External links:
Phusion Passenger Discussions (deprecated) – Google …
Using RVM rubies with Phusion Passenger – …
Quickstart: Ruby + Phusion Passenger – Passenger Library
Web worker External links:
HTML5 Web Workers API – W3Schools Online Web Tutorials
Web Workers – HTML Standard
HTML5 – Web Workers – tutorialspoint.com
Internet Information Services External links:
How to: Install Microsoft Internet Information Services
Microsoft Internet Information Services 8
Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.5
XAML Browser Applications External links:
WPF XAML Browser Applications (XBAPs) that target …
Mobile app External links:
Google AdMob – Mobile App Monetization & In App …
NBC Sports Mobile Apps | NBC Sports
Drivers Ed & Defensive Driving Mobile App – Aceable
Document Object Model External links:
Untitled Document | Xml | Document Object Model
The HTML DOM (Document Object Model) – Prezi
Untitled | J Query | Document Object Model
Browser Helper Object External links:
Browser Helper Objects: The Browser the Way You Want It
How to disable Browser Helper Objects (BHOs)
Dynamic HTML External links:
Dynamic HTML page titles using jsp (JSP forum at …
Introduction to Dynamic HTML (Internet Explorer)
Browser extension External links:
Google Native Client External links:
Google Native Client Pictures, Images & Photos | Photobucket
http://photobucket.com/images/google native client
Windows Server External links:
Windows Server Catalog – Official Site
CernerWorks – IIS Windows Server
Install the Linux Subsystem on Windows Server
Dynamic web page External links:
Dynamic web page legal definition of Dynamic web page
3 answers: What is a dynamic web page? – Quora
How to develop a dynamic web page using PHP | Web Design
Load balancing External links:
Load Balancer | Load Balancing – KEMP Technologies
AWS | Elastic Load Balancing – Cloud Network Load Balancer
Traffic Manager – Cloud load balancing | Microsoft Azure
W3C Geolocation API External links:
W3C Geolocation API not working in Chrome – Stack Overflow
[PDF]Privacy Issues of the W3C Geolocation API – …
[1003.1775] Privacy Issues of the W3C Geolocation API
Server-sent events External links:
HTML5 Server-Sent Events – W3Schools
Internet Server Application Programming Interface External links:
Internet Server Application Programming Interface – …
Java EE External links:
Mod jk External links:
Mod Proxy AJP Versus Mod JK – Round 1 – Contegix
Computer hardware External links:
Computer Hardware Flashcards | Quizlet
Computer Hardware, Software, Technology Solutions | Insight
What Is Computer Hardware – Study.com
Simple Common Gateway Interface External links:
SCGI: Simple Common Gateway Interface
Simple Common Gateway Interface – WOW.com
SCGI means Simple Common Gateway Interface – All …
Web container External links:
[R1] Oracle WebLogic Server Web Container …
What is web container? – Quora
Application Server External links:
Oracle Application Server 10g – Welcome
Application Server Definition – Service Architecture
Oracle Application Server – Welcome
HTTP handler External links:
Walkthrough: Creating a Synchronous HTTP Handler
asp.net – HTTP handler vs HTTP module – Stack Overflow
How to: Configure an HTTP Handler Extension in IIS
Server-side scripting External links:
PHP server-side scripting language
On-premises software External links:
[PDF]On-Premises Software – ManagementMania
Benefits of On-Premises Software
On-premises Software | Spillman Technologies
Web application External links:
ArcGIS Web Application
Purchase Card Single Sign On Web Application
ABIMM WEB Application
Application service provider External links:
Application Service Providers | Global Capacity
Transcription application service provider (TASP)
Hypertext Transfer Protocol External links:
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) Status Code Registry
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP)
Mod mono External links:
Mod mono – Mono – Docs.com
ASP .NET on Apache with Mod Mono – Free .NET hosting
mod mono – Official Site
Representational state transfer External links:
Representational State Transfer (REST) – reddit
Encrypted Media Extensions External links:
Encrypted Media Extensions (EME) – Chrome Platform …
Portlet container External links:
Portlet container – Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
JavaServer Pages External links:
JavaServer Pages (JSP) Salary, Average Salaries | PayScale
http://www.payscale.com › United States › Skill/Specialty
Apache HTTP Server External links:
mod_userdir – Apache HTTP Server – Greyhound
Download – The Apache HTTP Server Project
Apache HTTP Server Version 2.2 Documentation
Java Message Service External links:
Enabling Java Message Service (JMS) trace for …
What is Java Message Service (JMS) for? – Stack Overflow
JMS (Java Message Service) Tutorial – HowToDoInJava
Web storage External links:
Web Storage Application for Traceability Data
Introduction to Web Storage (Windows) – msdn.microsoft.com
Windows Azure Web Storage Explorer – Home
Platform as a service External links:
What is PaaS? Platform as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
What is PaaS (Platform as a Service)? – GENBAND
Mod wsgi External links:
Web Server External links:
What is Web server? – Definition from WhatIs.com
ProjectWise Web Server
Click this to login to the Onbase Web Server
Web API External links:
ASP.NET Web API | The ASP.NET Site
Build a custom connector for a Web API – Microsoft Flow
DC Web API User Group (Washington, DC) | Meetup
Business logic External links:
SQL and Business Logic – Dimitri Fontaine, PostgreSQL …
[PDF]business logic model – PerformanceXpress
Java servlet External links:
java servlet failing on client site | Adobe Community
JSR-000315 Java Servlet 3.0 Specification 3.0 …
FMS and Java servlet | Adobe Community
Runtime library External links:
What is the C runtime library? – Stack Overflow
Download Visual FoxPro 8.0 GDI+ Runtime Library …
HTML5 video External links:
S3 Media Maestro – Secure WordPress HTML5 video …
HTML5Video.org – HTML5 Video Library & Web Video …
Khronos Group External links:
Khronos Group (@thekhronosgroup) | Twitter
Vulkan Overview – The Khronos Group Inc
Khronos Group – Official Site